1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog KAG Build 2048 - Hotfix before The Weekend

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Nov 25, 2016.

?

Should Hearts Collide With Arrows?

Poll closed Dec 2, 2016.
  1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    42.1%
  2. No

20 vote(s)
    52.6%
  3. Sometimes (explain in the comments)

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. Cruxiat

Cruxiat Haxor Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

My 2 cents: I think archers being able to supply their teammates with heals is a great thing, as stated above ^ it really does add more depth to the gameplay. However, hitting random hearts and sending them towards the enemy is annoying and counter-productive. I'm glad it's been removed, and I think that the addition of a more support oriented archer class can do nothing but good for the game.

epsilon likes this.
  2. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

I personally think that the heart shooting is fine, I haven't had any trouble with it and more content is always good in my book.

3. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

More content = good if it's implemented properly. If you don't main as archer you may not experience issues but there are quite a few issues which are damn annoying.
    As @franek123 suggested here, the hearts should be able to be shot only by you when you throw it and when it lands and stops moving it cannot be shot. It's a win-win situation: shooting hearts work and accidental enemy healing/hearts blocking arrows is removed.
    The votes are also basically even for and against heart-arrow collision so this way would good for everyone.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
    franek123 and Cruxiat like this.
  4. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Humm i have a question, is that a update, when we take a tunnel we are stun for a bit?

5. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Yeahp, now travelling through teleporters stuns you, no matter if it's your team's or the enemy's.

Snake19 and PUNK123 like this.
  6. Coroz

Coroz B R B Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

I actualy died a couple of times because of this, you could actualy use the hearts as a shield against archers.

Magmus and PUNK123 like this.
  7. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

Do the "yes" and "sometimes" votes merge in the final count? Because if so, the poll is quite even!

8. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Been in for a few builds now. Prevents tunnels from being as much of a liability, which idiot-proofs them a little bit, and makes defending them harder as well if they get breached. You can still go through with a lit keg to do some serious damage to their base if they have a saw trap, but cant wall-run or slash spam out the gate.

We're not going to be acting purely based on the poll. As many have said, the "annoying" factor was pretty extreme when maining archer when they collided. Since the response was good, I'll look at that "archer throw"/support role ability once we've got @cameron1010's new API Client changes in.

I won't be doing the "if thrown by me my arrows can hit it" approach - sounds super unintuitive and would be quite annoying to program.

Our build infrastructure has been offline for a while which caused a pretty serious update drought. We're trying to get KAG into a nice stable state at the moment, fixing as many minor bugs as we can and getting the classes into a good balance state. We're considering potential new gamemodes as well though obviously that's a little further down the pipeline.

Snake19 and epsilon like this.
  9. Bint

Bint Haxor

Screen Shot 2016-11-29 at 23.28.26.png
    wat

PUNK123, Coroz, 8x and 1 other person like this.
  10. Cruxiat

Cruxiat Haxor Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

this. It's happened to me almost every time I've been pingbanned, and usually extends about 1 - 2 minutes *after* the ban is supposed to expire. I tested it last night, and even after 10 - 15 minutes away with the game closed, still presented the 'expired' ban notification before letting me in.

11. SlayerSean

SlayerSean FYI: it's pronounced "seen"

I thought the suggested idea was "if heart is moving all arrows can hit it", rather than "if I throw it I can hit it but nobody else", which sounds a lot more intuitive and easier to program. I do prefer the sound of the "archer throw" though, since that would be more intuitive still, but would this apply to fishies and burgers also? Or would you have fishy/burger shooting but heart throwing.

12. Todeer

Todeer Bison Rider

Geti, maybe you guys have to take back the KDR score on TDM.
    And, where I can suggest something to add in the game?

13. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

No idea, @norill touched bans a little a few builds ago, maybe he has more to say about it.

Would apply to all materials and food, and probably fishies as a matter of course (alive or dead). Potentially chickens too.

Hearts are moving more often than you'd think/hope and it's really super frustrating someone dying from arrow rain and the heart they dropped blocking the rest of the arrows while flying into their friendly, healing them. It's a no-go for me.

Not sure what you mean, we should or shouldn't have the KDR score in TDM? What other score would you suggest in a gamemode about killing? I'd like a win:lose ratio but the current score is recalculated on the fly rather than being additive, and we don't currently store wins/losses.

Suggestions go in Suggestions and Improvements forum if they're some big formal suggestion, but honestly we don't check em much for minor stuff and end up getting linked anything worth including. There's only so many times you can read ADD THIS CLASS or HERES A COOL ITEM or MAKE MY FAVOURITE CLASS A BIT COOLER before it all sounds the same.

You can always do what everyone else does and dump it in whatever thread we're currently engaging with if it's short ;)

14. Todeer

Todeer Bison Rider

I mean about the space that says what my KDR, as you can see in the print below, there is no longer this space, which disappeared in the last build. We have Ping, Kills and Deaths, I think it's better to come back with the KDR score.
    upload_2016-11-30_0-14-59.png

I'm suggesting adding a new scoreboard like this:
    upload_2016-11-30_0-19-36.png
    Its mean, when you kill someone, in you screen, will appear the info: YOU 1 X 0 GETI or YOU 5 X 10 GETI... Someting like that.
    Where?In the place where the time to start the game appears, you can add this just on TDM where the kills matter, or in other gamemodes too.

Second sugestion:

Add some server, TDM maybe in the South America, you guys have so many players living there (just like me, living in Brazil) and the ping on US Servers is to high to high to play well.

Thanks for read and list.

15. Cruxiat

Cruxiat Haxor Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

I'm pretty sure we still have K/D ratios on TDM servers, at least in AU. the scoreboard you just posted is either from an old tdm server, or from a ctf server, and I honestly think that K/D ratios matter more in TDM than they do in the team-based gameplay of CTF. I can't speak for everyone but I'd certainly appreciate more changes like @norill and @Geti are working on currently, than minor graphical tweaks like the one you suggested.

epsilon likes this.
  16. Todeer

Todeer Bison Rider

I've make this screenshoot right now, at TDM US

17. epsilon

1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

The issue with that is that people can throw hearts to block incoming arrows.
    I agree, I miss the KDR on TDM. It used to be a good way to see how good you're doing compared with other people. At the moment I sorta judge how good someone is doing by roughly calculating the difference between their kills and deaths but it was much easier with the KDR.

Todeer likes this.
  18. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

Sounds hilarious and funny to me :( . it's a pity it get removed

19. Geti

Unfortunately, there's not enough money coming in to justify expanding our services with more dedicated servers. Servers cost a lot of money to run. We are running a business here, so unless there are enough sales coming in constantly from south america to justify the big constant cost of hosting there, we can't do it, sorry.

That said, there's recently been a spike in sales from South America so we'll see if it keeps up, but I think it's just a result of the current sale.

We don't currently store this info - it's possible to add but a fair bit of work. Not high priority for me, sorry.

Hrm, this is indeed a bug. I'll figure out why this happened.

Maybe the first time, not the tenth. Playing as archer was very frustrating ime (and seems mirrored by a lot of others).

20. epsilon

1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

lol I thought it was an intentional change to remove he KDR.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 1, 2016, Original Post Date: Nov 30, 2016 ---
    Suggestion: A sound should play when you receive a private message.

21. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Oh ok so now when enemies try to destroy our tunnel we can no longer defend it? Rahhh I do not really know if it's good or bad news, I think I need to get Accustomed to this ^^

Cruxiat likes this.