1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog KAG Build 2048 - Hotfix before The Weekend

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Nov 25, 2016.

?

Should Hearts Collide With Arrows?

Poll closed Dec 2, 2016.
  1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    42.1%
  2. No

20 vote(s)
    52.6%
  3. Sometimes (explain in the comments)

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. Todeer

Todeer Bison Rider

But, are 5 US Servers, and just 2 are used really. You guys host all the servers in just one dedicated server, right? If not, doesn't make sense keep hosting this server with not use.

Btw, you think its a good idea? Just put this in the list of things to do xD

bru-jaz likes this.
  2. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

In a recent match the enemy built several tunnels scattered around the map. Once you managed to get into one of them you were able to teleport to other trap-less tunnels and camp them, slowly slashing away at it until it is destroyed.
    It's shit because of that but I like it because it stops enemies from spamming E on your tunnels while charging a slash, plus it prevents tunnel stalemates.

3. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Yeah it definitely makes it harder to defend. You need to build more of a "buffer" around the tunnel so that if they breach one wall, they aren't instakilling you as you teleport in. However, I think it makes it a little more dynamic and lets counter-pushes against tunnels succeed (instead of having invincible knights effectively respawning on top of it infinitely).

As eps says if you build a trap-less forward network it's hell getting the enemy out of them, but I think that's a clear tactical failing on your part so I'm OK with it being unsuccessful.

Maybe with an option, there's no way I'm opting into people demanding my attention even more than they already do :)

Yeah these are all on the same box - the point is we'd have to get a south america box capable of running servers (ie with good single-core CPU performance and a lot of fairly fast bandwidth) which is not something we're willing to do at the moment. In every other region we've had community server traction first, but the BR ones seem to come and go...

FuzzyBlueBaron, Todeer and epsilon like this.