1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog KAG Build 2151 - Minor Tweaks, Knight Hitting Fixes, Exploits Patched

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Hey Folks

Minor Release, just a few fixes and additions. Should be out in the next 30min or so.

I'm pushing this out in a relative hurry to revert to old behaviour for knight attacking - the new code allows attacking through doors in some instances, and the old code is more conservative, so I'm going with that. We'll look at a more robust solution soon.

There's also a fix for a TDM exploit, an added scripting constant, more modder-friendly collapse behaviour and a fix for the radius being reported incorrectly for non-circular shapes. It's still an approximation, but it's now a correct approximation instead of twice what it should be.

Also: your votes have been noticed - we'll be looking at the PixelOffset issues next :thumbs_up:

Have Fun,
    Max

Full Changelog:

Code:
    [added] air count is copied when changing class
    [fixed?] modding-unfriendly isTileSolid was used for collapse block solidity testing.
    [fixed] approximate radius for polygon shapes was twice what it should be
    [added] Maths::Pi constant (how were we missing this??)
    [fixed] more dirt vulns on pressurecooker (people amaze me)
    [reverted] to old knightlogic to patch hitting issues

2. jimmyzoudcba

jimmyzoudcba Haxor Tester

Ye! Thanks Geti(s) :D No more me going in 1v5 yoloing the enmy team while my team just watches me die.
    The new knight code for the doors were....interesting, but I'm favouring the old one too I think.
    Thanks devs!

Osmal likes this.
  3. enderzilla747

enderzilla747 Bison Rider Tester

So when an enemy is on the otherside of the one bottom stone door, I can actually hit them? Hurray.

4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

In some circumstances, maybe? Not 100% what you're asking. It's back as it was before the last build. @Fuzzle has done some work on better code based off that previous one, but it's quite a complicated problem to solve. I don't have any more time to burn on it this week (again, I'm not meant to be "on KAG" this week) and next week I'm going to be looking at those pixeloffset issues.

This is my experience in KAG all day every day lol - as I said in the maps feedback thread I can't imagine why anyone would deliberately stalemate themselves but whatever, should be fixed.

jimmyzoudcba and Magmus like this.
  5. GoldenGuy

GoldenGuy Haxor Tester

Thank you!
    solids.gif

6. Geti

Awesome! You could have put some lanterns in there though or waited til day time, haha :D
    Really glad to see it getting use, it makes it worth working on modding related features.

Sidenote: are those classic-style doors?

7. GoldenGuy

GoldenGuy Haxor Tester

Yep :)

FuzzyBlueBaron and bru-jaz like this.
  8. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

To continue the discussion from the previous build thread:
    This is a video of me, only holding jump. No other keys are being pressed. It's ridiculously infuriating. It's on an Official US CTF, where I have <100 ping.
    This was probably the only time I've had it happen so consistently (on every jump). I guess my ping at the time was a little bit jumpy (flashing between 33 and 66).

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    Magmus and Blue_Tiger like this.
  9. Geti

I don't think this is related to ping except when you're building. Next time it happens can you check your framerate and net graph please (holes in netgraph hint either bad connection on your end or skipping frames on the server). I've got a feeling this can be a symptom of bad perf on you or the server's side (i'll look into why tomorrow).

Asu and an_obamanation like this.
  10. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

Filthpit has this problem too, every match. I tested it on singleplayer and on my 4 slot server alone though and landsharking didn't occur. Maybe it has to do with the amount of players? It's not ping as far as I can see. Could also be map design as I remember it happening when close to bedrock on certain maps.

enderzilla747 likes this.
  11. Coroz

Coroz B R B Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

[added] air count is copied when changing class , i like how this is changed because of tdm map 25252525

12. Geti

Sounds like it'd be the server or client hitting some CPU limit in that case? The delta calculations are pretty expensive. I dunno how much overhead syncing the mechanism stuff adds but it's probably not super trivial. I haven't seen "landsharking" on that map myself though, even on a full server :/

Lots of things have changed to work around wily TDM players.

13. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

I've just thought about it. Isn't the Box2D precision lowered when the server is too slow? Could that be it?

14. Geti

It certainly seems like if perf drops below some threshold the physics steps become larger - I've got no idea where that happens because the physics code is a big pile of bandaids :) I'd have to go searching.

Though, if you check out twitter I've also had it at 30fps on localhost when something else is jammed into the terrain, so there might be some global data sharing issue on top of just bigger physics steps.

enderzilla747 and Asu like this.
  15. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Has uncapped framerate now been capped at your refresh rate? I used to get >100fps but now only get 60fps.

16. Geti

That's what vsync does.

epsilon and Vamist like this.