1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 228 released!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

The trial version is fine for taking screenshots.
    As for mac and linux users, I'm pretty sure they have their own swathe of screencapture programs.
    I haven't used them, but recordMyDesktop and Wink are both supposed to be good for linux.
    Not sure about Macs, can you use Grab?

2. trelawney

trelawney KAG Guard Tester

Any indication as to how or where to use this variable would be greatly appreciated.

3. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

In a game mode file like break_time, count is in seconds. Defaults to off, and overrides break_time.

Noburu and trelawney like this.
  4. Foxodi

Foxodi KAG Guard Tester

Forgive me if this has been reported before - but now friendly bombs occasionally kill team mates (even if the thrower of the bomb is still alive). Happened several times today. Like walking through spikes I suspect this will never be fixed :(

IloveElectro likes this.
  5. Miczu

Miczu Shopkeep Stealer

There are like 3 situations that can explain that:
    - did bomb made stone pieces? (from the unbreakable green stone)
    - did your teammate hold his own bomb in hand ? (your bomb can trigger chain reaction)
    - ware there free bombs on the ground? (your bomb can trigger chain reaction)
    - secret, because I use it a lot
    Ps. I don't take into account that you could collapse something on your teammates

6. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

No Foxodi is definately right. There have been plenty of clear situations since this build went live where a teammate throws a bomb and it will kill teammates. The teammates explode into gibs, the falling rocks only crush you and dont make you explode.

illu likes this.
  7. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

The bombs have alwaysd killed team mates. Since the previous build when I joined, my own bomb has always killed team mates. There is no 'Friendly Fire' for the bombs.

Klokinator likes this.
  8. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Eh, you must be playing a different game then. Bombs have never killed teammates :/

9. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

They are not supposed to, because there is not supposed to be any friendly fire. You should only die in these cases if an enemy pullls out a bomb and tosses it in as well as that will make their bomb do damage to you, also if you pull one out yourself their bomb can trigger yours to blow up early, so there's also that. However if an enemy just tosses a bomb at your feet, at the moment it should not damage you other than what Foxodi mentioned, and bugs.

10. Strathos

Strathos KAG Guard Tester

Catapulted bombs kill both enemies and teammates (not sure if always). Same if a catapult that has a bomb loaded is destroyed.

11. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Generally people dying from perceived bomb friendly fire are dying from a team-mates dropped bomb on death - bombs that are dropped upon dying hurt all units, not just enemies. I'm concerned that you're saying it's happening when the thrower is still alive, I'd like videos of this happening though as I've never seen it other than in intended circumstances (chain reactions etc).

There are also server options to turn friendly fire on - though I think you'd notice if that happened.

12. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

So you are saying that if I have a lit bomb and die, that bomb hurts both teams? If so that would explain what I am seeing.

13. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Yes, that has always been the case as far as I recall anyway. When a person dies it seems the bomb loses it's flag saying who it is, so it just hurts everyone, I wasn't sure if this was ever intentional or not, but I guess it is...

14. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Yeah I've noticed this effect. I wonder if griefers will begin using it to team kill people?

Bunch of archers on a hill > griefer sneaks up, lights bomb and suicides just before it goes off.

15. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I was under the impression a bomb kills anyone except a shielding knight, regardless of team. I still don't believe it is safe for a team, under any circumstance.

16. Geti

Klokinator: You're wrong then. Go bomb a team-mate - be careful to ask them first.

@Contrary: I wouldn't put it past them, though it'd be costly to do it more than once: (20 for the bomb+50 for the suicide)+(30% after tax) = not much of your money left

17. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

But Geti that might be worth it if you're a griefer. You are killing teammates while also reducing the team counter sounds like a win win for the bad guys.

18. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I blow myself up with my own bomb all the time. I really, really think it does work that way. Happened to me twice in a row in fact. I was trying to bomb jump by upshielding as the bomb went off and it blew me up :(

19. Geti

@Fellere: ofc it's be worth it to them, but they'd have to earn the coin each time -> limited availability.
    @Klokinator: you can kill yourself but not team-mates. Seriously, try bombing a team-mate - it doesn't work that way.

20. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Oh. I assumed "team-mate" included self.