1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog KAG Build 2416 - Many Fixes, Improved Performance, New Emotes Can be Bound

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Nov 28, 2017.

1. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

A minor annoyance caused by this: Many times I lost my "slot" when trying to join a 99% full server because at the time my client loads all the stuff from the, another person already joined. Probably 15 seconds of waiting the resources to load, which may not sound as much, but compared to how it used to be, it weights.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  2. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

If we get the toolchains upgraded we should be able to update the scripting engine properly. There was a nasty bug with the compiler we currently use, which would silently break scripts.
    New Angelscript versions have a much faster script builder now. IIRC it was about >2x faster compared to the version we use now.

Most of the loading time is about compiling scripts, so that should solve most of the problem.

bru-jaz, kodysch and Vamist like this.
  3. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

You are an angry doge from the outside, but a kind one from the inside.

Edit--
    F u , asu. You changed your avatar for a cat and now my comment makes no sense.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
    bunnie likes this.