1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 262 released!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, Jan 5, 2012.

1. archont

archont Shopkeep Stealer

How do archers protect themselves against bombs thrown bombs?

They run. Or they don't.

Seems only fair knights lost their godmode vs archers.

2. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Arrows going through shields is only on servers that haven't yet updated. Its fixed in the latest update.

3. amuffinattack

amuffinattack Bison Rider

I've got archer in my group of friends that can take knights head on in 228 because they are GOOD archers, if you think knights had god mode on archers before then you were just a bad archer. Besides knights should be able to take a archer face to face, they are not meant for head on combat, thus being a support class.

Eggnogg and Foxodi like this.
  4. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Wait so what's that, people said don't be so harsh on the test build? What's that, tons of bugs I and others mentioned many times in the test build?

What's that, people said they'd be fixed, calm down they said, the devs know what they're doing they said, then I see this:

When they were all posted a few times :P

Hopefully the new test build section helps alleviate this 'problem'.

Also just an FYI releasing this build as is introducing new bugs could ruin any tournament which is ongoing (of which there are 2 and the devs have recognized at least 1), ability to at least choose to not update would be nice in instances like this.

Noburu, Rayne, AJ and 1 other person like this.
  5. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

Ye i used to be a great knight now im just good.

6. amuffinattack

amuffinattack Bison Rider

I've only been playing the most recent update for around 5 minutes, but it feels sooooo much smoother. THANK YOU.

7. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

No, seriously. Build 228 was bad, this is even worse.

I will stop playing until these issues are fixed.

HardPenguin, Ej, Noburu and 2 others like this.
  8. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Hmm outpost got destroyed and I still respawned on the place it used to be once, server crashed 20 seconds later. Could be a coincidence.

9. archont

archont Shopkeep Stealer

Oh I can take a knight head on as well. Thing is, I can't take a good knight head on. Now once a good knight and a good archer meet, the knight usually wins. This depends on the map of course - but there's no save from a cooked thrown bomb. This makes archers useless vs decent knights below half-screen range or without camping in fortifications.

Eggnogg and xxpabloxx like this.
  10. sj67

sj67 Greg hunter

Another update? My KAG just updated itself for the 5rd or 6th time.

Noburu likes this.
  11. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

I like this build albeit that I just started playing now and most of the bugs were probably patched. Knight combat is glitchy but it doesn't affect me too much since I usually just go (jab jab jab and bomb bomb bomb) but whatever. I haven't tried archer combat yet so... yeah. I like how the art style is getting from bright to darker and more oak/maple woods then those bright pine wood. The atmosphere is getting there to be spot on and feeling more gritty and more immersive. I like it. And now my only complaint after an hour of play would be the usual bomb kill radius not matching up with animation but I can kind of reconcile with it since its been there for so long and the bomberman-esque explosion animation is a classic.

12. xxpabloxx

xxpabloxx Shopkeep Stealer

I have the resolution 1024x768 in fullscreen mode bugged, when the game starts it automatically changes to 800x600.

13. SirEndgame

SirEndgame Shopkeep Stealer

Knight combat feels like even MORE of a gamble now.

Didn't know that was possible.

14. sj67

sj67 Greg hunter

I hope this gets removed and or fixed:

15. xxpabloxx

xxpabloxx Shopkeep Stealer

that happens when enemies build on top of you, flying towers xD

16. kiro

kiro Garde KAG Donator Tester

I played this build 4 or 5 hours.

I may be an exception but I don't think there are more lag, teleportations or hit detection bugs than before, but they're still extremely annoying. I think people were expecting a ground-breaking 256 test build, they thought you'd release new workshops and zombies and day/night cycle and wooden walls etc. and all that bug-free ; but you only released workshops and a lot of bugs. So now they're very disapointed and overcriticizing your most recent releases, as if it wasn't still an alpha...

On the good side of this release : My ping is definitly lower, around 33 all the time on European servers. The new workshop system is a good addition and fixing some of the bugs is nice, of course, even if there are a lot left. Overall I can still have a lot of fun on the game and capturing fortresses is still awesome :D

Now, the dark side, bugs report :

Old bugs that are still not fixed and getting on everybody's nerves and should be a priority :
    I bomb-jumped and landed on a tall tower, and the next second I was crushed on the ground. I was fighting on top of a mountain, an ennemy hit me while I was shielding, then I started to counter-attack and ran toward him, and then I teleported at the bottom of the mountain, dead. And of course sometime I just hit people 5 times and they don't take any damage. The most frustrating is fighting a lone builder and getting killed because he can't get hit at all.

New bugs :
    -Sometimes arrows can be shot through closed doors, but I thought that was a known bug (I'm sure I saw it in the previous build).

-Using "holes ladders" on walls doesn't work as well as before, but maybe that's a feature and not a bug. It seems we now have to destroy every 2 blocks, while we used to be able to destroy every 3 or 4 blocks to jump.

-And finally I tried jumping and throwing a bomb, the bomb just fell under me. In the previous build it would have be thrown normally, far in front of me.

Keep up the good work MM :) I hope the development of the new engine goes well !

HardPenguin, Eggnogg and sj67 like this.
  17. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

So how many of the bugs have been fixed now?

18. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

1920x1080 Win7. Alt tabbing forces a huge white window filling about 1/3 the top of my screen and reducing the rest to a lower resolution.

19. sj67

sj67 Greg hunter

That is also happening to me. I re-installed KAG but after the second launch it went to a lower resolution. How big my screen is, no idea.

20. Drok

Drok Shark Slayer

As everyone says, the game is unplayable right now. Melee combat performs terribly, as if everyone had 500 ping. That along with the shield-ignoring arrows makes playing as a knight a nightmare. Jumping feels horrible too, seems that you have to accelerate gradually to get a decent impulse, but that makes moving around rather difficult.
    Also, I don't know if it is just me, but the server browser window got wider than the screen itself (in 1024x768). May be just some bug at my side though.

For me there was a noticable improvement in ping, but combat mechanics look laggier than before so I can't tell whether it made a difference in the connection speed other than displaying a lower ping.

As said earlier in this post, a rollback seems the most appropiate thing until everything gets normal.