1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 262 released!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, Jan 5, 2012.

1. I used to be a good knight, but then MM made an update to the game

Rommi, HardPenguin, Noburu and 2 others like this.
  2. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

KAG used to be good, then it took a 262 to the knee.

Sarathos, SARGRA13, Stevedog and 11 others like this.
  3. Obzen

Obzen Shipwright

Yeah I can't play this :/

Workshops are destroyed much too easily and knight combat doesn't seem to be synced up for me. Sometimes it looks like I'm right next to somebody hitting them but no hits register and then they kill me.

EDIT: Also, some people don't get stunned if they shield and you slash them. Even with 2 of us repeat power slashing they were able to block every single attack....And doors bounce you away from them if you try to jump through

4. kylea

kylea Shipwright

I was in a match with most players between 33 to 66 for latency yet everyone moved with a jerk and/or teleported. I did not see one player that did not have stuttering movement. Other players' movement was smooth in build 228. Hopefully this can be fixed easily.

5. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Okay so I decided to try it again because of the new patches.

Doors are better now, and notch jumping too. However you can't hop into a notch two blocks above but you can hop into a notch three blocks above. And it is still a pain to get into 2-block high tunnels, cause you keep getting bounced between the top block and the below block, if you hop in
    there from the right direction.

BUT.
    My ingame screen looks like if the resolution was 800x600, every menu is goddamn big, the screen and the pixels warp like hell, and now I see these 1px-thick sky lines even on foreground blocks. It's generally fucked up D:

''Get a better graphics card'' you say? Well I'm not paying 500$ just to play a game. In previous builds this was fine, no graphic bugs other than tree pixels being elongated. Please fix it.

Oh and knights still feel very fat, it is a better idea to spam jabs than ever trying slashing, because it takes so long and most likely the hit will not register. Bombs still fall from pushing F only once. Arrow through shield seems to be fixed though, good job on that.

I would like you devs to say, why were these changes to knight implemented? What are you going to do?

6. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I'm working on fixing all the issues. New patch probably today.

7. Same here. And door's mechanic is terrible. Almost every time I want to jump to base of mine I bounce back.

8. Hal

Hal Shopkeep Stealer

Try running it in a 4:3 aspect ratio if you're not already like 1024x768.

9. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

I solved it by setting my monitor to a higher resolution, hope it doesn't cause any damage to it.

10. masonmistel

masonmistel Comma King Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Wouldn't it be 10x more bad ass if arrows bounced off the shields? I mean like shot off of them. I don't know about you, but I would feel like a superhero deflecting arrows with my shield!

11. Hal

Hal Shopkeep Stealer

Damage to the monitor? I doubt it. In the days of CRT moniters, maybe.

Did you mean damage to the game? D:

12. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I respawned at an enemy outpost when I joined a server. They had our flag and I was able to return it, that was quite funny but they obviously didn't like that. I still respawned there once after the OP was destroyed.

13. Jamburglar

Jamburglar Horde Gibber

Something similar happened to me. I captured an enemy outpost and they killed me and took the outpost back, but I was still able to spawn where that outpost had been (not where it currently was)
    I continued to spawn in that location about 3 or 4 more times before I finally spawned back at my teams flag.

14. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Is are you supposed to be unable to build under yourself?

15. kylea

kylea Shipwright

Also to note in build 263 if I try to run the game fullscreen (1280 x 800) it instead is in windowed mode. It worked fine in build 228.

16. New patch few seconds ago. New really good looking unit counter and old door's physic. Change for better.

17. Salted

Salted Bison Rider

Climbing works fine now and resolution problem is fixed:) but i don't know how i feel about chat being on top...

also, launcher says build 263 but in-game it's 264

18. Maverick

Maverick Haxor

For the newest update that was just released, I can't login (and obviously I have internet). When I press the checkmark (ok) all it says is "Authenticating..." but even after 1 minute I still haven't logged in.

EDIT: This issue has been solved with recent updates |:)

19. MooCowMan

MooCowMan Shopkeep Stealer

It would be nice if the chat was optional in where it could be placed. Sure it's good at the top for archers on bridges to shoot down from. But it isn't nice to the knights below to not be able to see dangers above. My opinion would be make it optional, top of the screen, or the bottom.

Ej likes this.
  20. masonmistel

masonmistel Comma King Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

I lost my premium. :( I was just playing on the whole 6 servers and I didn't have my premium status.

And, I hate the new chat being at the top, as well.