1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 265 released!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Inexorable

Inexorable The おっぱい lovin' nipple wizard. Donator

Last time I checked, knights weren't 1 block tall :D

And infrastructure seems to be made of match sticks and chewing gum.

Love the new designs on the infrastructure though, thumbs up from me :D

(Sorry for being cheeky)

2. Rioja

Rioja Ballista Bolt Thrower

I havent played this build yet, but i had an idea about the chatbox while playing W3 to have it W3 style. As in, it would be just under the rescources snd there wouldnt be so much as a box, it would be your name, then what you say and would move up after the next person said something to eventually fade when say a fifth person says something. This is on pretty much every game, i cant remeber a mulitplayer game not using this feature.
    Aswell as this, there should be an key to pull up the entire chat box.

I'll try the build out later today.

3. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

After some extensive testing tonight, the current build isnt so bad EXCEPT for the issue of knight hits not registering/de-syncing. Thats a major buzz kill for me as I almost always play knight.

The one block wide tunneling is quite annoying as well.

Rayne and Neat like this.
  4. trelawney

trelawney KAG Guard Tester

Incidentally.. 28 builds later and break_time_static still doesn't seem to work (introduced in build 228 and I've yet to see a single server successfully implementing it)

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  5. Rioja

Just downloaded it on my mac and am unable to connect to any server for more than 10 secs.
    I found it really good compared to the windows version. Having only being able to play against bots i can still say the hit detection is fine, graphics run fine, no frame lag.

One major problem with the mac version is that, if you don't have a mouse, its impossible to block as knight because the two-fingers on the pad scrolls the view so can't see anything on the screen aswell as the fact you can't jab while blocked as you have to remove one finger which in turn removes the block making you vulnerable. So i say, for the mac version only, have shift as block or have the option or that.

6. Noburu

I just tried every possible combo of it on my rapid server just a few minutes ago with no luck what so ever.

Yeah you pretty much cant play any actionish game with a trackpad.

7. chrabeusz

chrabeusz Bison Rider

I just had game where people were spawning in enemy's OPs, or in place where OP was. Please back to 228 build.

texas likes this.
  8. texas

texas Shipwright

I totally agree with Chrabeusz!

9. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I despise the chat on the top screen. Okay great, I can "just" edit a config to put it back down, but this is terrible, really. Name me three multiplayer games, in the history of games, that didn't suck and had the chat at the top of the screen. Hell name just one.

Yeah didn't think so, they don't exist. This isn't even one of those "Eureka we shoulda tried that!" things, it's just a terrible decision. Bottom should be the default, and for anyone it bothers (It's been standard since the beginning of time) THEY should go edit their config files.

And since it IS the default, you'd think that the unit count would go somewhere clearly visible, but nnnnnnnope, instead that old redunant shit that forces teams to play strategically is hidden in favor of a pointless change that sucks in 5 different ways.

And is it just me or do bombs take longer to explode? I couldn't pull off a single bomb jump correctly even once, and I am the master of them. (I'm in the BOMB group for christsakes)

/rant

10. Maverick

Maverick Haxor

I think it's just you buddy, for me it seems the same. I can still manage to bomb jump :P

11. Noburu

Yes bombs at least SEEM to take a bit longer to explode. The numerical timer is the same though so its hard to tell.

Also dont forget the game is still in ALPHA. Things will get all crazy from time to time. The game is FREE to play at the minute. Dont know if you are premium, but we are buying into the FUTURE of the game so MM and Geti can afford to make it. I know I myself raged a bit at the last release (shame on me), but MM recitified it mostly the next day and Im sure they will continue to improve the game. I cant wait for the new engine.

Basically just roll with the punches or go find another game. Personally I LOVE this game. Most fun Ive had playing games in years and I own and play a LOT of games.

FuzzyBlueBaron, kiro and xxpabloxx like this.
  12. xxpabloxx

xxpabloxx Shopkeep Stealer

Talking about the chatbox, i think the best would be delete it to appear only letters so we can see more up or down, where you have the chatbox situated. Another thing would be nice delete is the chat which appear on the speaker´s head, or at least make it smaller, because it dont let you see well if you are near and it is spam. :) I forgot an important thing: perfomance will improve .

13. ComboBreaker

ComboBreaker Horde Gibber

All of this made playing as builder extremely irritating - guess why.

Every 3 minutes one of crucial workshops gets popped up by a lolbomb - friendly or enemie's.

+Arrow workshops are the most expensive?Why?

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  14. Hippo

Hippo Shark Slayer

I think the way to solve the chatbox problem would be to put it off the game's view. I'm not exactly sure how to describe it, but, say if you set the resolution of the game to 640x480, you'd have 480 pixels of game, then below that, an extra, say 30 pixels of chatbox, so it wouldn't be obstructing your view at all, but in its own area where, if it were to disappear, there would be nothing but black behind it.

15. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

That's an interesting solution. I assume you mean setting the resolution something similar to this:
    http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/7742/testhza.jpg (not going to embed picture since it's huge)
    But instead of having black bars around, chat could go somewhere in that space instead.

The issue that arises from that though is that people with larger monitors get really tiny images and some people (like me) would prefer to use that black space for extra sight especially if you play archer.

16. Rioja

Only just got round to playing 265 online. Is it me, or does every single server lag seriously bad? As in, at least a second. Feel sorry for the premium members :/

17. Jamburglar

Jamburglar Horde Gibber

If this has been posted before, I apologize, but I found a bug where when you start the game and go into a server, your head is set to the default one even if you've selected a different head. I have premium, is anyone else having this problem? My girlfriend was too, so I don't think it's just me.

Also, when I first join a server, occasionally the unit count will not show up until the next round. These aren't gamebreaking bugs, but they are quite annoying at times. Just thought I'd report them.

18. kylea

kylea Shipwright

I have premium as well and it seems you do not get your custom head when you first join a server until you die. If you were already in the server and there is a map change you keep your custom head - it's only when you first join a server.

19. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

-Sometimes when you buy bombs or arrows it plays the respective sound and does the "minus 20 plus 1" thing on your inventory but doesn't actually change anything. It even does this several times which is pretty bad in the heat of the moment.

-I think the disable guards feature disables every single players premium on that server as well, including guards.

20. ilaks

ilaks Bison Rider Donator

- Archers loose all arrows when dying (not 50% as stated in the 190 build changelog)

Im unsure if it's a bug that slipped everybodys minds or MM decided to change this in the later builds without mentioning.