1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 265 released!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, Jan 6, 2012.

1. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Once, when I was trying to buy arrows at a shop, it was actually saying -10 arrow, +10 coin. It didn't actually change the counter though. Another thing: I kept getting the spike hit sound with various different hits. I also saw the previously mentioned bugs of invisible unit count and invisible outposts/random spawning areas.

And being able to defend against a fully charged slash with a quick jab is retarded imho. It takes a precious amount of time, skill(?), and maneuvering to build up that charge in combat, while it takes no skill or anything at all to spam jabs.

2. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Yes, I know that rant makes me a terrible person, it was just such a WTF change that I had to rant.

And I have bought 3 copies of the gold edition. 1 for me, 2 for friends, so basically more than I spent on games in total during 2009. I'm... stingy with my money.

Also, I thought this was the new engine lol.

3. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

No MM has been working on coding the new engine in between updating the game in the current one.

4. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

If another person is standing in a shop it will not allow you to actually purchase, despite showing the +/- as if you are losing, if you look at your coin/arrow they don't decrease/increase. Same with bombs, same with quarters. It's flippin' weird, sure it will be fixed soon enough.

P.S. Elevator/Squeezing is back in but not in a way that is so terrbily bad, I'd say the payoff is that while yes sometimes 1 broken block can disable a tower, you don't have to friggin' dig 3 wide diagonal tunnels, that was so annoying ^^;

I've found sort of an elevator way to work them again.

The bombtimers are a bit weird, I also still get that weird 'die when bombjumping' thnig where my character corpses but successfullly bombjumps and turns back to a person midair, not to mention the bomb graphic blowing up being different (black?).

Also, you can't superhero jump anymore it seems, although I've only tried in live games, will test it alone later.

5. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Every time I jump on a bomb while holding it my screen goes black for a split second as if i've died but then I see that I haven't. Probably the same thing.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  6. Bracket

Bracket KAG Guard Tester

I have that too. It's see it as sort of an extra dramatic effect of having a bomb explode in your face (although you survive). 8D

7. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Tried to update and KAG kept dying on startup. Tried to reinstall and KAG kept dying on startup. Tried purging all memory of KAG from computer+downloading a fresh version and KAG kept dying on startup.

Out of options for the moment. Any suggestions?

8. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

FBB: throw any logs our ways and report the exact point in time it crashes, we'll try to fix it.

9. Foxodi

Foxodi KAG Guard Tester

-Hitting people that are mod frozen still gives coinage - not sure if this is due to recent updates or an old issue.
    -I also have the same need to restart the server when it randomly kicks everyone as Noboru and blueluigi

EDIT:At first I disagreed with people complaining about knight fights now, thinking they were just upset about learning new timing for slash, but now after finally racking up some hours on the new build I completely agree with them.
    The issue doesn't have anything to do with the 5% slower slash, it has everything to do with the fact that theres a high probability that slash wont HURT anybody - a bug that I in fact posted in the test build thread as one of the first bug reports.
    Personally I think this is a far greater breakage of the game then the inability to pickup a flag.

Noburu likes this.
  10. Arlus

Arlus Shopkeep Stealer

I don't know if someone mentionned it but I've noticed lauching teammates with cata uses stone.
    Also, I think it didn't happen in the other builds but when i'm cutting trees as a builder sometimes it suddently doesn't play any sound anymore and i'm not able to cut anymore...

I think there are still other bugs but I can't remember them atm (couldn't log in at mantis so I posted here)

11. BlueLuigi

I've noticied a problem with both me and Noburu's servers where after a certain point it kicks everyone, no idea how to provide server logs, but will if I can.

Yes, I can almost never double slash hit someone, but ocassionally it happens.

there is also a larger area where you can't hit people, before a builder had to be in some corner down and left from you or something, now it also happens directly above, slash hit is so strange.

Been around quite some time that bug.

Noburu likes this.
  12. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Thanks Geti.

It crashes immediately - like a fraction of a second after I double click the icon. Attached is a screenshot of my desktop - I'm running Vista SP2, if that helps.

Edit: the forum is being stupid and not letting me up load the image. :(

Further Edit: I just downloaded the latest installer and it looks to have installed build 263 - not 265. Could this be contributing? :huh?::(

Additional further edit: GAH!!!! I'm fed up with this - I'm going to bed.

13. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I keep checking the logs and nothing shows up. The logs dont really provide much useful information at all past what the server is hanging on startup. Basically Geti after ~1 day of the server not being restarted everyone is kicked and when you try to reconnected it immediately disconnects you when you connect.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  14. BlueLuigi

Had completely forgot to mention this, someone had mentioned that if you are admin you can use the special cl_head heads still, yet I have found this is not the case unless I am doing something wrong, I have been unable to produce cl_head 0-4 or 22. The only thing I haven't tried was /rcon on the front of it, which I will try when I get home( but I believe Rayne already tried this).

15. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Still doesn't work with it.
    Although.. You can use it in sandbox mode, but I haven't found any other way to get them to appear.

16. Arlus

Arlus Shopkeep Stealer

Oh yes and I'm sure it comes from that new build, on many servs i even can't see how many tickets are left, quite a boring thing :/

17. Bracket

Bracket KAG Guard Tester

You CAN check the amount of tickets from the tab window. Scoreboard. Thingie.
    (but yes, there is a bug, and it is annoying)

18. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Hooray! Nah, I wish it'd get fixed, it's too tempting to use them xD

19. BlueLuigi

Playing 'legit' is it's own reward, although fucking around on /v/idya servers, squeeze tunnels are indeed fun.

20. Strathos

Strathos KAG Guard Tester

I quite like the new workshops system. It's simple, makes sense and allows for further workshop additions.
    The siege workshop is great, but I think the way it's now makes catapults quite expensive and outpost really cheap. Although 30 gold is not much, sometimes can be a pain to find. I think that this might give too much advantage to a team if the other can't find gold.
    What about making siege workshops cost quite a bit of wood and stone, raising the price for catapults and make only the outposts cost gold?