1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 353 Released!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, Apr 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

I haven't felt any difference in the speed I can spam arrows and I haven't found them going any faster than before. I also can't be 100% sure but I haven't noticed any really changes for archers except for stomping on a knight and killing them. (Sure you don't just want archers nerfed now? :p)

I agree with that. Not sure if it's possible, but it'd be useful if we only got collapse reports when someone collapses more than 5 stone blocks. If the collapse is only background tile or ladders, it's usually pointless. Stone is different though.

Also, I haven't found any difference in lag. I haven't seen any more or less teleports and the only time I do it's because the person has really high ping.

2. I have. No matter how many people are on a server, I get 5FPS. I get 5FPS even in Swordfight. I don't know if devs have borked something or it's just my poor laptop what cannot handle corpses but I don't feel like playing KAG at all before next update.

inactive_account likes this.
  3. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Every so often, I get lag, but it doesn't generally last. It doesn't generally last, because my client then does a nose dive into crash valley.

I've noticed these client crashes seem to happen particularly for people with admin powers; I was on Beo's CTF with Paul_the_Peasant, Shadlington, Raron, and there were times when we would all crash, but it seemed no-one else on the server did. Now, maybe this is just punishment for past sins, but... :p

WanderMark, PumpkingSlice and Raron like this.
  4. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Go check your autoconfig and try to remove the set to 31FPS thing, cause if there's a problem it's probably there.

5. Nah, I was able to play normally today so I guess yesterday that was fault of my laptop, shitty Internet connection and some thing on Rayne's server that FLAB has set up correctly.

Still, the combat is too random.

thebonesauce likes this.
  6. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Combat is FAR too random. I just played for like, 2 minutes on PL.MaxPlay and I was able to stand next to an ally knight who was shielding up, and jab-slaughtered like 20 people that landed on his shield. Far too buggy, and it's a shame because I try to play every day but lately it's like I wanna play less and less.

I'm not gonna be like Toast and call the devs assholes and shit because this is what developers do in an alpha. They test things on John Q. Public to see how things work and don't work, and make changes accordingly.

GloriousToast likes this.
  7. Adinxs

Adinxs Bison Rider

I was instantly killing people with one jab.
    This update was made for me.

GHOZT, Ostricheggs and MechaTrickster like this.
  8. AgeOfMe

AgeOfMe Shopkeep Stealer

Hit detection seems REALLY lax in this update, as well as zombies loving to teleport through things.

9. MechaTrickster

MechaTrickster Banned Donator

I get stabbed 2 hearts left, fly into a wall and fall about 4 blocks. Die.
    I dont like CTF anymore ;_;

Ostricheggs likes this.
  10. Ostricheggs

Ostricheggs Shipwright

I would say over 50% of deaths as a knight this build are a result of random bugs and crappy additions. Easily 5x the amount last build.

This is not acceptable. You guys really do need to be careful of what you release because your reputation and current player-base DO matter. Even if it's alpha, disenfranchising half the game's current populace by releasing builds that weren't even remotely tested (because if they were, they wouldn't be released) isn't exactly a way to make KAG a success

11. Hella

Buddy, I've got this strange feeling that they do care about us. They pushed out an update before Easter because they care about us, and they know that we are constantly complaining about how often the game gets updated, no matter how often they release.

It has already been stated that they know about the bugs. If you just moan and don't help report any other bugs that you have noticed, said bugs won't be removed. It's simple.

Quit moaning, it's perfectly acceptable for problems to be in an alpha game that updates as often as possible, specifically for the player base. The way they do make KAG a success is by allowing the playerbase to be the testers. The more there are, the better the feedback, the more the bugs that are reported.

In short, if you want a game that's bug free, come back once they've released it. You've bought the game in advance, as opposed to testing it for free for them, so you must have some faith in where it's going. Be proactive, and act on the problems you find; no point crying for a sporadic death at the top of your lungs if you aren't going to report it.
    Suprisingly enough, the Dev team aren't that stupid.
    Disjointed response is disjointed.

12. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

48.6 and a half% of statistics are pulled out of idiots arses.

Chinizz, GHOZT and Hella like this.
  13. Ostricheggs

Ostricheggs Shipwright

because that was clearly meant to be a stand-alone well researched statistic with random sampling of players of all skill levels tested from hundreds of thousands of fights and normalized with a standard deviation and published in the scientific article "KAG Monthly".

No, it wasn't an off the cuff anecdotal percentage to illustrate how fuckin borked the build is. No isr.

And hella, see my post on page 4. I've seen almost a dozen players claim they're quitting out of frustration until the builds get fixed. Believe it or not, losing players is not good for the game. This entire situation is avoidable with the standard testing and delivery mechanism (that they already have in place, oddly enough) of two seperate builds, one test, one official.

All I'm asking for is that a new build be tested before it's released to the public and we're forced to play the borked one. If the devs desire more testers or if they don't have enough, advertise it in game. I'll be very happy to test it so long as builds like this aren't forced onto the public. It took me 5 minutes to find a large majority of problems in knight combat playing on a white server. Give us a nice little link from the start menu to the test build download with a little plea for a players time, you'll get the testers. Hell, you could even give testers a nice little hat or something for taking part.

Disasters like this hurt the game more than it helps with testing. Especially when you consider that white players are possible customers. If I was told I was a tester when I started playing I probably wouldn't have bought the game

14. Hella

Hey! I wanted an argument too!
    Why did you just ignore my perfectly valid post, that would save you a lot of moantime and swear words!
    I feel rejected and sad now.

....aw, you cheeky sod.

I understand that a lot of players aren't happy with it, but because it is an alpha, the entire game is a test build! By making an account, you are therefore a tester! That is why we're asked to report bugs, and that is why we sometimes get the occasional problematic build. Of course, due to the fact that it's just before easter, the break means that it will take longer than normal to get fixed.

Then again, most builds have critical bugs that get moaned upon for long periods of time, but then, meh, they get fixed eventually. Will you be happy again when this stuff gets fixed? Personally, I think the complaints will continue, only about new bugs which are suddenly lifebreaking.

I guess this is the circle of life. Or something.

15. MechaTrickster

MechaTrickster Banned Donator

Then what do your statistics say about you

Rainbows likes this.
  16. Ostricheggs

Ostricheggs Shipwright

reread it, I edited it like 10 minutes ago ;p

17. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

My statistics are the 48.6 and three quarters% of statistics pulled out of smart peoples arses!

Acavado likes this.
  18. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Ostricheggs has every right to give his input people. He's one of the better knights in game and his opinion matters just as much as ours. Chill.

19. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Hella the problem isn't whether they care or not, the problem is that consistently there are rushed builds that are WORSE than what we had before by far so that easter that everyone wanted to spend playing KAG? LOL NO ENJOY YOUR UNPLAYABLE XDDD

All of you guys need to stop shitting on anyone who expresses a negative opinion, stop fucking whiteknighting we wouldn't be posting about how bad it is if we didn't care, we'd just fucking up and leave, that said there's almost so much of this shit that can go wrong, I jumped in for all of 5 minutes and this reeks of 262ish all over again.

Cadbury, Raron and Contrary like this.
  20. Knighthart

Knighthart is love Donator

That's great and all but pretty much useless when the whole build is a clusterfuck, preventing me from playing even one normal match.
    ESPECIALLY on Easter, my guess is that most people would prefer a stable build over one introducing new stuff but bringing in so many problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.