1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 458

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Shadlington, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Online right now? PM me server name + rcon password so I can take a look.
    Also, PM me the contents of your seclevs.cfg file.

Oh yeah, and when you say 'server can kick me' what do you mean exactly? Do you mean another admin can kick you?

2. Shadlington

I'm not actually sure what you mean by 'rcon crashes'. Is this the one that happens when you are see an rcon message in green in your chat? Like collapses?
    First off, the way that is done has changed a bit so its *possible* that it is fixed - hard to tell as it never happened to me for some reason (maybe doesn't affect linux users, I don't know).
    Secondly, if its still there it would be easy for server owners to work around that now by disabling the view_rcon/view_collapses features until we find a proper fix.

As Geti said, yes you can.
    If you mean there is no way to drop down to a lower seclev then uh... Well that's up to the server owner. You can still use /rcon /login and /logout in combination with seclevs to produce some more complex configs. See the bottom of the wiki article for an example of that: https://wiki.kag2d.com/wiki/Security_Levels#Advanced_Usage

Oh and FliesLikeABrick explicitly asked that the whole player/server rating system concept not be discussed here. Make another thread and stick a quote of his post in it if you want to talk about it. Preferably in the community dev forum. <--- //Now remember children: pay heed to the nice man or I will have to be particularly un-nice... ~fbb

Riletyface likes this.
  3. vladislavbyk

vladislavbyk Catapult Fodder

I'm make a superfast builder on my server, and only admins can use this, because server want kick all - too fast building. And, my server is 92.55.13.43:50301.
    There were some errors and the server does not appear in the list, it happens sometimes:
    Code:
    [12:41:18] WARNING: API call failed: serverPort or serverAddress not present for putStatus()
    [12:41:18] WARNING: API call failed: serverPort or serverAddress not present for putMinimapPNG()
    [12:41:20] Server variables can be changed in Base/Scripts/dedicated_autoconfig.gm (by default) 
    [12:41:28] WARNING: API call failed: serverPort or serverAddress not present for putStatus()
    [12:41:18] WARNING: API call failed: serverPort or serverAddress not present for putStatus()
    [12:41:18] WARNING: API call failed: serverPort or serverAddress not present for putMinimapPNG()
    [12:41:20] Server variables can be changed in Base/Scripts/dedicated_autoconfig.gm (by default) 
    [12:41:28] WARNING: API call failed: serverPort or serverAddress not present for putStatus()
    ]

4. Shadlington

Oh interesting... Yeah I know why this is in that case - I didn't put in a special case for speedhack kicking. I shall do this, but it won't be under kick_immunity, it will be speedkick_immunity or something.
    That will be available next release (in a few days).

Sorry, I didn't think of that :)

5. vladislavbyk

vladislavbyk Catapult Fodder

everything was working before this update, I think it's a bug : (

6. Shadlington

Yeah now that you've added that error info I can see its something to do with the API. I'll ask FliesLikeABrick to look into it.

7. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

For the API issue, please create a new thread in the help forum (because this isn't related to build 458), and attach your entire console log from the logs/ directory. Make sure it is a log containing this issue

8. Shadlington

Oops. Seems I got this mixed up and its actually showing them as red.
    However, I think I prefer it that way anyways, so that'll stick.
    Kag staff are still always purple though.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  9. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

So seems that the 'full' update is close, mind telling me, will it come in 4-6 days or so?

10. DrZaloski

DrZaloski Shopkeep Stealer

I'm not really worried that there will be a big imbalance, I just hate to even see the little bits of unfair-ity (thats a word, right?). I'm not really worried though, because if there will be any horrible problem I'm sure it'll be fixed.