1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 548 - Classic ~Final

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Quimbo

Quimbo Shopkeep Stealer

I really enjoy the old lighting too.
    Feel the nostalgia. :note:

2. feet

feet Bison Rider

Why not just make it semidark in tunnels? You can still see, but it's not like there's a sun underground.

3. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Remember feet, this lighting is how the game looked prior to Zombie Fortress which introduced dynamic lighting and darkness underground. Some of the most incredibly fun games I've had is with classic lighting, and I wonder if I can have fun with it again... I'm gonna go find out now!

Froghead48 and Rayne like this.
  4. 16th

16th Bison Rider

u fix the tree bug. its good. but trees still can be grifed by noobs. can u fix that 2?

5. Masery

Masery is actually Maroon Donator

Oh, this update.
    It gives me the feels.

6. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Thank you for the updates, I'm really enjoying them :) Thanks!

7. ockpii

ockpii Horde Gibber

I believe Multiplayer Zombie Fortress still has the thing where if you tap R to a Migrant, your original character has a head reset... it'd be great to set up heads in real time.

8. master-chief

master-chief Arsonist

i have jumped from a 7 bloke hight and got gibed when i landed there was no spikes and no person down there i was glideing as well if someone could look into this that would be vary helpful?

9. vanchobe

vanchobe Builder Stabber

I try this build very good :spam:

Geti likes this.
  10. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

This is true enough ;)

Been interesting seeing the mixed interpretations of classic lighting coming back. No, we're not squeezing you for money, we're just solving the issue of blackness underground without lanterns, and preventing tunnelling from being such an orgasm-ruiner. Looks like there are a few bugs with it that I'll be looking at on monday along with the attacking downwards confusion, for now enjoy the fixes, and think of the scripting release on the horizon.

11. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

lol you are late this trend has already peaked in popularity. the new cool thing is bomb spam/quick and aggressive outpost play.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  12. Grendell100

Grendell100 Haxor

Oh, sorry. My English is bad :)

13. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

SUPERYAY!!!!!!

14. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

what outposts? i havent see those since when ever. its always been make seige shop get cata and then eventually after the second cata someone makes an outpost

15. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

You don't need to change lighting to kill off Tunnelers. You need realistic tunneling. Wooden supports like you'd see in old Mine shafts, that eventually give way and break after a prolonged period of being used. No supports means dirt (should) turn into a dirt sort of rubble (and supports breaking, cracking, and maybe making a crackling sound so you know to repair it after like 2 minutes, as it makes them having to constantly fix the support beam holding up the dirt, thus nerfing how quickly and easily people can tunnel), crushing the people in the tunnels, filling it back up with dirt, as well as possibly caving in the ground from above.

With the above method, it also uses up more materials and time, thus making tunneling still there, but harder on the diggers than the enemy. It also will kill off the noobs who log in and try to tunnel from our base, on outward.

Eliseus likes this.
  16. You lost me at realistic.

Also, I think the return of classic lighting is less to do with killing off tunnelers and more to do w/ bringing back tunnelers that use teamwork. Believe it or not, there were tunnelers back when classic lighting was around (predominately during the 'squeezing' phase of the game) and, IMO, you could always tell the difference between a good tunnel and a bad one. All this lighting does is promote teamwork and laying traps. I'm not sure whether it's the nostalgiafag within me speaking but I was stoked the second I saw classic lighting.

All in all, I'm just stoked I can finally use the '%' sign in-game, after all this time.

17. D0ubl3Tr0ubl3

D0ubl3Tr0ubl3 Shopkeep Stealer

Awesome Brah!!!

18. Riletyface

Riletyface Horde Gibber

Nice to actually see some classic action - and less tunnelling!

19. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

Oh, how it makes me depressed to see pubby's saying "this NEW lighting sucks, i like the old one better" :QQ:

Edit: reading through this post.... these are what i would like to say to lots of people

20. Xlayer

Xlayer Haxor

I like old lighting as much as new lighting. ^_^ Does this mean super-update is soon?