1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 57 discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kagesha, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Kagesha

Kagesha KAG Guard Tester

Build 57 brings huge class balance updates, notably it's major nerfs to builders and building.

changelog can be seen on dev site: http://kagdev.tumblr.com/

What are your thoughts on the recent changes?

To me the changes that stand out the most are changes to the gold sacks. Hopefully it'll encourage a faster paced game and also gold stealing. The nerfs on the builders are really obvious for me, buildings just seemed to OP and as an archer I can say I have only stolen a gold sack once or twice in a full player game.

2. vig

vig KAG Guard Tester

Almost every time that I pick up an arrow my health drops to 0.1. Can you explain to me what manner of faggotry this is?

And of course:

[​IMG]

3. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

The gibs are awesome and the bombs exploding bedrock into rock bits looks cool (though the damage is annoying). I fully support the increase to digging time. The new falling frame is subtle but funny. New font seems good.

I don't know what prompted the increase in wood demand and supply, but I am neutral to it. Its net effect is to decrease the value of spawning wood and increase lumber jacking time? I feel as if there is a penis joke or two in the previous sentence but I'm not sure.

When bombs gib rocks into little catapult shots they damage people, including friendlies and yourself.
    Hearts only heal knights up to 2 (this has been a problem for a couple builds). Also sometimes your health looks like its zero.
    Trees spawning on only one side of the mountain is a humongous imbalance; one side can simply prop up a few ladders and the other can't, though they can do some "hole ladders".

Also, why do so many people choose to be knights?

4. vig

vig KAG Guard Tester

Everything concerning balance:

Why do knights spawn with more than 0 bombs- who do they think they are, bombermen? Why don't their bombs affect them? Why doesn't opponent's respawn time increase when he/she is killed near own base? Why can my teammates steal my loot/hearts?

Not concerning balance:

Where has the respawn countdown gone? How many websites are needed to stop making more websites?
    Does size matter?

[​IMG]

5. miaow

miaow Guest

I keep getting disconnected as soon as I join any server. Also, I suggest a way to sort servers, by players, name etc

6. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Very good thread. I like threads like this. There will be a couple changes in the next version for example more respawn time if killed near tent.

7. vig

vig KAG Guard Tester

most importantly by ping

+

When you kill someone and destroy the body, it is still possible to loot the invisible dead player's ghost without knowing where exactly the stash is supposed to be. There can be loot anywhere and it is not possible to know where it is without finding it out by mistake or having personally killed/ witnessed the death of someone.

8. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Personally I find the rocks flying from bedrock when bombed are too often damaging you just for using a bomb and not shielding the entire time. Rarely can I make a kill from the rocks. I don't really understand the point of them apart from pissing you off. Anyway, like someone has mentioned often your hearts disappear for no apparent reason so i've often thought I have 0 life left rather than full life.

Why not? They're fun to play as.

9. Overlord

Overlord KAG Guard Tester

Yeah that 0 heart thing is really getting annoying.

10. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

You can collect those rocks out of bedrock to build new structures.

11. DorkeyDear

DorkeyDear Shipwright

I enjoy the gore chunks flying from what I've seen on the video (haven't played this version yet), but I don't feel as though it suits this game's style very well. Next thing we'll see is blood squirting out of the neck of a player who just got sliced by a sword. :(

12. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Actually I kind of agree with DorkeyDear. My manliness makes me instinctively shout a warcry or support for gore, but another part of me also feels that it doesn't really fit in with the game.

Could also narrow the fanbase, some parents might not their kids play this game.

13. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I'm all for a switch to turn them off in options, as they don't do much except remove the body in terms of gameplay.

14. Overlord

Also I kindve get confused where to loot the exploded corpse, is it their decapitated head or chunk of shoulder that landed 50km the other way? usually I find its where the once figure of a man used to stand.

15. Thorn

Thorn Guest

I am not liking how dirt and dense stone takes longer to mine, as mining was tedious enough BEFORE this update.

16. killzonea59

killzonea59 Guest

Yeah, I agree with Thorn. It's a crucial aspect if the enemy is nearing your defense and such and you can't mine enough resources to build more walls to protect the team, time was crucial enough as it was.

17. Overlord

I think knights should be able to carry like 3-5 ladders with them, it might make builders not as useful on the front but it would stop those annoying tunnels and make sieges more fun.

18. R. J.

R. J. Guest

No-no-no to ladders to knights. Every class should have it's personal function. And knights are already some sort of overpowered- they have indestructible shields so perfect protection and they are the only units with grenades- good destructive ability and the only feature against bedrock.

And what was said about mining speed- with current one, there is time to make a good defensive line. And you should keep in mind that going enemy has to go all the way from his base to your, so it takes time too. Now the game is not about digging and building, but about sieges and stealing too- so I hope it would be left as it is now.

PS. Only those nasty skybridges should be fixed)

19. ArtCrusader

ArtCrusader Guest

I usually build a catapult on top of my base to counter any attempt at making a skybridge. The upside of skybridges are free kills \o

20. R. J.

R. J. Guest

Yeah, but often it is easier for attackers to fix their sky bridge than to resupply catapult with stone. Digging and searching for stone takes a lot of time...