1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 57 discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kagesha, Jun 15, 2011.

1. ArtCrusader

ArtCrusader Guest

I only need one shot to destroy a big part of the bridge if I aim well, and they usually die in the process.

Sky bridges ruin the game? A "fed" knight with 6+ bombs does. Knights with a lot of bombs are stearmrollers to a quick victory.

2. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

lololol

dead knights dont make very good "stearmrollers"

Besides, 6 bombs, really? That aint' gonna do jack shit. Even if a Knight or even two can make it all the way across the whole fucking map to your base without dying, a difficult feat for sure, AND they manage to not use ANY of their bombs on the way there, its not even that big of a deal. If they get to the front door and start spamming their bombs all they're gonna do is make a little moat for the other team, maybe take out a door tile or two if they're lucky. To do any real damage, not only do they need to get into the castle, but they need to get into the castle, then work their way to the top. Without dying. And even if they do ALL that, the time they've spent trucking it over and dodging arrows could be matched be matched by the other team with team spent mining and building and efficient miners will more than compensate for even the absolute maximum amount of damage an equal or even greater bomb team could do.

3. vig

vig KAG Guard Tester

4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Mmmn. The differences between the types of stone are.. vague to say the least. I'm working on a way of simplifying the differences between them (especially the stone wall blocks).

5. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I didn't plan the rocks flying from bedrock on explosion. It was an accident but when I saw it and I died because of it a laughed really hard so I decided to leave it.

I agree knights have too much bombs. They will have only 1 bomb in next release. Later when some sort of buildable armory is introduced bombs will have to be produced.

6. GoldMiner

GoldMiner Guest

If press "e" many times you lost all health but doesn't die

7. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Another glitch- Your jump height is greatly reduced when you jump off a knight's shield, making knight boosting kind of useless. It would be really neat to see this as a valid tactic.

8. pureorange

pureorange Guest

Personally, I think 3 bombs is fine. It allows for good little skirmishes between knights, but good archers can still avoid them and pick people off from afar. Dropping to just one bomb will be annoying IMO - you'll end up with lots more shield standoffs.

I second Thorn as well - new slower mining times are lame. It slows gameplay right down and means it takes ages to get around quick stone defences that builders use to block tunnels (as a knight), or to renavigate a destroyed section.

Not a huge fan of the exploding bedrock - as someone else said, just a bit annoying, not really good for offence. I also find it weird that bombs don't harm your own team. If they did, maybe would stop bomb spam? (or at least force bombing to be more precise)

All in all, I LOVED the last build, and found myself constantly playing 'just one more' and cackling when I pulled off a good kill spree, but this build is just tedious. Will wait for the next update :(

EDIT: but exploding bodies is cool :D

9. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

I think it's the matter of server settings. I found this:
    Code:
    friendlydamage_modifier = 0.0
    There's also something for falling damage but now velocity of falling down character is kind of ...hmmm... limited. It really doesn't speed up like G-force enforces it.
    Maybe it's just a matter of Terminal Velocity but in my opinion they look like they're falling too slow to hurt themselves.

10. Aquillion

Aquillion Guest

I pretty much only play builders, and I barely even noticed the nerfs.

The gold thing is probably necessary, but feels a bit awkward. While it's a good idea, I suspect that we need something bigger (like the upcoming forward spawns) to really make gold-stealing more common.

11. GoldMiner

GoldMiner Guest

2 bugs:
    1. When you kick player who have gold bag. Gold is disapear forever.
    2. If you dies with opme restarting vote, butons is disable (menu buttons)

12. R. J.

R. J. Guest

Have never noticed the first one, and sorry, but couldn't understand what you meant in second sentence.

?????? ???????? ?? ??????, ? ????????)

13. ArtCrusader

ArtCrusader Guest

The gold vanishes and never come back in case a player who was carrying a gold bag was kicked via a vote.

Does this also occur when you leave the server?

14. Lancelot

Lancelot Guest

I really like this build. I normally play archer (eazy mode). I think the bedrock exploding was a nice touch to add a bit of random excitement (fun to see +5 come up on the screen too).

I don't know why lots of people say the knight is overpowered. The bomb seem like the only thing that allows them to kill anything. Also most people suck at cooking the bombs so it's pretty easy to pick them up and toss them back at the person. If you do change the # of bombs you might want to make it so the opposing team cannot pick them up after they've been thrown.... bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb During the war I was a BOMBadier!

15. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Toss them back? Have you been playing this game at all? You CAN'T toss bombs back that have already been thrown.

16. Lancelot

Lancelot Guest

Well I must be hacking because everytime I press e with a bomb near I pick it up. I press e again and it gets thrown... Maybe I shouldn't be telling people this

NEVER MIND GUYS DON'T TRY THIS AT ALL NEAT IS TOTALLY RIGHT. BTW DON'T EVEN BOTHER COOKING YOUR BOMBS THEY CAN'T BE THROWN BACK. IF YOU DIE AFTER YOU THROW A BOMB IT WAS OBVIOUSLY BEDROCK EXPLODING SOMEWHERE BE MORE CAREFUL NEXT TIME. I REPEAT DO NOT TRY THIS IT WILL NOT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. BoyTRQ

BoyTRQ Guest

Tired Of getting kicked or having friends getting kicked on false pretenses. Can you make a pussy bitch screen so that we might play with out pussy bitches. Perhaps make people only able to be kicked if they have changed sides more than three times, thus reducing the kicking power of said pussy bitch.

18. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Are you serious? The whole REASON to cook your bombs is so that they can't be reacted to. If they enemy COULD pick up your bomb you'd want to cook it so that they don't have time to even do so. But I digress, you should always consider cooking unless you're throwing a bomb quite far. It's the element of surprise, and you always want that.