1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 781

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, Jun 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I think water is a huge part of these problem, between all the water and the buildings you have to make there is scarce room for towers. Plus a huge part of building was inching forward with towers, not so possible with how hard building on water is.

2. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Precisely, maps is alot of the problem, there should be more dry land on maps, and a much greater variety of water masses. Well I say greater variety, I'd like to see a great variety of much smaller expanses of water, from little 1o tileish wide ponds, that you have to bridge over, 20 tileish ones that might cause a dilemma as to whether to tunnel under or bridge over them if a forts on the other end, and then lakes that just about require a boat to get over but you could maybe get away without. Currently we only have massive seas that are impassable without boats, and the drier bits of the map aren't anywhere big enough for any sort of territory battle, at least 9 times out of 10 one team will have complete control over an island, with water being the heavily contested area.

3. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

For what its worth, the drowning fatigue and drowning at surface have been removed in the latest test build. There are enough ways to counter rushing now that we don't feel like it's as much of an issue, but if it turns out to still be a big problem once the game is public we can always sigh and add the red barrier back.

We wanted to release it yesterday but were unable to due to build server issues. Should be out today, ready for the weekend (armok permitting).

LostPix and Apronymous like this.
  4. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

dwarf.png

Geti and LostPix like this.
  5. SeanAS

SeanAS Meth Addict Donator
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

Ha it's funny just from that post I know exactly what you meant, and if I saw you in real life how you would look saying it. HA :p

6. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Armok permitting, be right back while I go to sacrifice some cats and dwarven babies then drive my whole fortress insane.

Apronymous likes this.
  7. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

8. m0zzila

m0zzila Tree Planter

Keep your time guys, better make it slower and better than faster and messy. We can await it :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.