1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 800 - Control the Halls! (No OSX build yet)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Jun 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SKYBRIDGE IS ALLOWED
    Ninjaed.jpg

edit: I'm not complaining shits but just telling what happens when there's something bad fishy going around. And still thanks to the devs, the game is going bettar and better. I feel KAG Classic mixin up with KAG nao.
    :p​

It's really hard to do what devs do.

2. SeanAS

SeanAS Meth Addict Donator
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

Thank god you posted that. That's hard evidence it should NOT be allowed.

3. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

Just think of the spikes as a wall, guess what good for taking out walls, bombs, kegs, builders, ladders, catas, and ballistas.
    I'm sick of my team making little to none deffences so I decided to take matters into my own hands.

I think capture the halls is bad for war. War should be slow, should allow any type of building you want, you should start as a builder, get iron(mabye) stone and wood before you should even start attacking. Gold should start the tech tree and allow specific class first. The more tech you got the powerful your classes should be.

4. SeanAS

The Capture the Halls game mode is perfect. It just needs some balance, like have 4 halls on every map. Each team automatically gets the first hall and has a build time to build on that first hall. Then when the build time is over you rush for the other two halls on the map. This makes it so that you have 1 really well defended hall in your "spawn". I think that would balance the game mode very well.

kedram and Wargod-Loki like this.
  5. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

Hey! Where did all those cakes and burgers and steaks went? And cooked food and kitchen? :(

6. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

hall.jpg
    It's really bad to capture halls. So much sugar is bad.

Halls aren't the problem here. They are actually good for removing & lessening :
    • Dorms
    • Population spam
    • OMEGA LAG
    • Nub research placement (happens all the time O_O)
    • Factory spam
    • PIG BASES
    Also this
    (edit) Ya like some country can launch billion nuclear missiles to everyone and kill every living homosapien in this world. War is sometimes shockingly surprising and faster than the lightning dude :huh?:
    I think kitchens doesn't fit with WAR. It fits on Sandbox/Roleplay mode and ZombieFortress[if this will be added].

ParaLogia likes this.
  7. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

Well then atleast add it into Sandbox and testing_mode enabled servers

8. SeanAS

Suggest it then?
    </br>--- merged: Jun 30, 2013 6:03 PM ---</br>
    [/COLOR]

It's someones choice what they play.

9. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

Then its my choice to spam spikes everywhere and skybridge.

10. SeanAS

I guess you are right. But I don't see how it can be fun for you, that's all I am trying to say.
    </br>--- merged: Jun 30, 2013 6:25 PM ---</br>

You do have that right

11. NKking

NKking KAG Escadrille Donator
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

All what was said before me that message about making spikes and skybriges involved separate game mode is BULLS***.
    Why?
    1) I think devs have more important things to do. like I don't know? Making KAG 1.0 well balanced and enjoyable for all kag players; more or less.
    2) Have you seen a lot of people playing beta right now. Do you really think that people will spend their time to play on a TROLL server. (waist of time)

IF you want, feel free to spend a few weeks of your time to make that separate game mode. I no then all you said about that BULLS*** is nothing more than unsubstantiated statements.
    Please do not waist space on that thread. Post them on the relevant threads.

delankski likes this.
  12. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

I'm not saying skybridges and spikes are a seprate gamemode, I mean capture the halls be its own gamemode. Couldn't they just rename the new war "Capture the Halls" and revert the old one or change it and leave it "war."

Yea how fun is it when the whole other team is full of knights expect one builder who has ladders and just rape you.

Nkking stop playing admin.

13. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

2zrer9i.jpeg

14. NKking

PinXviiN sorry made a mistake :)
    amgtree There is already a game mode called CTP Capture The Point that has it's own client.

Sorry if it seemed like I am playing an admin, I was saying what I felt was right.

15. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

He's trying to help LESSEN THE SHITPosts OF THIS THREAD :)

I know everyone can express everything but not here.

Maybe the devs are trying something we don't know (with the skybridges). I say the spikes are awesome, but nerfing needed. Just the health of the spikies. Capture the Halls? I don't think so. WAR isn't about starting with nothing.
    Also it's their idea not ours. And that idea is way better than the old one. To make the game fun yet challenging.
    NOT SHIT BORING MODE. :P

-damn its hard to type here in my PS VITA :( I am a turtle. WarrFork will feel this.

Apronymous likes this.
  16. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

I know about ctp, am I think thats where the devs got the idea, but what is wrong with two diffent gamemodes. Somepeople want the halls some don't why not make everyone happy with some small changes. I hope there will be a alternatie to whats in place.

17. NKking

OK lets make a conclusion of all suggestions.
    1) Sky bridges must be removed.
    2) Spikes could stay, but only if changed significantly ( I have an idea why not to do 2 types of spike. one will be regular spikes "the cheep once" and the high tech spikes which will cost A LOT. so that people who want to use them as traps could make more advanced tarps and people who want to spam them across the field could do that, but it will be VERY boring and intimidating. Another condition. spikes must be placed on any type of wall (stone wall/ wood wall)
    3) There should be building time. Research should start after building time just a balance measure. and to make gold more useful. People will still be able to by scrolls during building time.
    4) 1st spawn points should be the nearest point to the left and right sides of the map. Players should spawn as builders. And when the first spawn point will be DESTROYED then the game ends( 1sat spawn point should be different from neutral once. Maybe have more starting defence.

I think that is everything.

Digger101 likes this.
  18. Wargod-Loki

Wargod-Loki Haxor

Aside in point 4 where you say people should spawn as builder do i agree on all.

19. NKking

It doesn't matter they can spawn as knights because that 1st point will be just like a hall but with better starting def and a bit lager. and if it is destroyed that is it "GG"
    ohh forgot one
    5) crates should contain less wood, 1000 is too much and maybe contain 100-200 stone . crate should drop when a hall is recaptured as well.

Apronymous likes this.
  20. SeanAS

I think that what we all fought about and now are agreeing on just made a possible "better" beta, and I hope the devs read this.

Edit 1: But the update as of right now is still amazing and I love it no matter what.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.