1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 800 - Control the Halls! (No OSX build yet)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Jun 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

I like skybridges, you should just remember to make anti-air towers with some ballista. The maps should also be less high.

I agree on building time.

Spikes are really annoying at the moment when abused.. They should require a stone block to attach to, and have way less health - one bomb should be able to wipe at least 3 of them out. You should also be able to damage them via slashes so they clear out naturally if just spammed out in the open.

Halls are currently way way too easy to capture. It's not even usually a legit raid that captures a hall, it's some lone sod that sneaks into the house unnoticed. I'd like to see three things changed about halls:
    1) Being able to spawn while a hall is being taken.
    2) Being able to travel to a hall that is being taken.
    3) Being able to choose which hall to spawn on and see the surroundings of a hall while dead.

2. SeanAS

SeanAS Meth Addict Donator
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

That is exactly what I was telling my friend. That is a perfect Idea. This is because it's not that easy to gain alot of stone, so why waste it on spamming spikes. This is why it will help with spike spammers. :/

3. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

Don't you people understand that you need a builder to progress. You can't just have everone moving up one class. You need to work together as a team to move up. Ladder over buildings, clear skpikes, and set up small forts. Knights should't be able to take out defences thats the builders job.

4. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

I think shortbridges are great that's why skybridge'ing is enabled?
    screen-13-07-01-10-57-28.png
    But I think this should happen:
    This > Shortbridge/Support system - Less support needed & fast bridge build.
    Instead of skybridge - no support needed & fast endgame. Lol

5. SeanAS

SeanAS Meth Addict Donator
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

I don't like them period. That's all.

6. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

Ok we don't need skybridges to take out good bases. We got somthing else
    [​IMG]

paradoxicalenigma likes this.
  7. NKking

NKking KAG Escadrille Donator
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

I am still against any sky bridging.
    if people want to do what shown on the picture they should build a support in the middle; just like it was in classic war +ability to please blocs fast should not make that a problem.
    I am against sky bridging so much because it gives INORMES advantage that picture shows it. people created a fast and easy way to travel to that high value strategic point in like one minute.
    If people want to get that advantage they should work harder , spend more recourses, spend more man power and spend more time to get that advantage. That will also make super high and and supper long sky bridge too hard to build. Also the way how the weight system works should be changed for example : straight bridge 10 clocks wide connected to 3 supports one on the left end and one on the right, and in the middle. if the middle support is destroyed middle part of the bridge will fall.

Now about halls
    I can agree with 2 and 3, but not with the 1.
    We met the same problem while developing CTP, the problem was spawn kill. player will be stuck there and attackers will just constantly slash or stab spam. It will just make people angry.

8. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Sky bridging is the worst side effect this game ever had, it shouldn't even exist in the first place.

m0zzila likes this.
  9. Skybridging is ridiculously easy to deal with if you've got knights and builders who know what they're doing. Inevitably, the foundation of the skybridges are fragile, and often can be destroyed with a single bomb.

delankski likes this.
  10. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Stop justifying a side effect that has no place in this game, this isn't minecraft, nobody wants this shit to break game immersion and it's also annoying as hell to deal with.

11. I ain't justifying it, I'm just saying it's satisfying to take them down. :P Ease up, mang.

delankski likes this.
  12. Reactorcore

Reactorcore Shark Slayer

The beta seems to go further to favoring arbitrary meta-systems instead of universal consistency with each new update. : /
    Some aspects feel contrived and confusing, like tree growth and the factory/migrant system.

Maybe it would be worth going back a bit and simplifying things so they make sense and feel consistent?

13. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Eh, the tree growth mechanics are good in that they stop silly people from ruining all the trees while also relieving players of having to constantly be planing new trees.

The migrant system otoh, well, I'm still trying to make my mind up on that...

delankski likes this.
  14. NKking

NKking KAG Escadrille Donator
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Devs should just make a good tutorial and make a big button "TUTORIAL" between single player and multiplayer. It should look like a 2d side scroller puzzle. That puzzle should contain a few sections, in each section a sign with a description and maybe some art (pictures with actions and arrows). It will allow people to rush to the section people want to learn or go through each section slowly.
    I think it will help people to understand beta better.

AcidSeth and delankski like this.
  15. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

I think to make spikes less powerful, you need to make it less hits to destroy them. This way they're still good against knights, but less powerful when a builder is there.

delankski likes this.
  16. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

You know whats funny. One round I go the the mil supplies get 100 arrows, then sit on the wall holding left click for 1 sec letting my arrows fall to the ground and spam all the knights. Then I go to another mill supplies as knight and get like 5 bombs, then sat on the wall and spamed space bar at all of the knights on the round. What I'm going at with this is mill supplies have way to much crap. Then my team puts 5 of them down and use all of the migrants, Then things get crazy

17. TreeMeister

TreeMeister Catapult Fodder

I personally rather like the halls mode as it its, but I think there are 3(?) things that I don't really like
    -Spikes. The fact that they retract has made the potential for spam so much easier. Also, there's currently no way to identify friendly spikes from hostile spikes, before one cleans your boots and the other skewers your knees.
    -No support. Why did you completely remove it? Sure, in classic you could have a monolith being supported by a twig, but it still kept skybridges in check.
    -Jab/ammo spam. It's worse this update than the last few. Jabs are too quick, you can jab someone to death before they have time to raise their shield. That combined with amgtree's comment of ammo spam makes it a lot less fun and challenging to defend or fight.

But as I said, I like the new direction KAG is headed, so keep up the good work.

18. Xlayer

Xlayer Haxor

remove skybridges or I will remove the internet and I won't give it back this time.

AcidSeth and Wargod-Loki like this.
  19. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

I don't agree with this. Spikes should look neutral because it's a trap, that's why you need to carefully detect whether the spikes are friendly or not :P .

20. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Just to clarify quickly, some changes that aren't far off.
    - Red barrier is gonna be back preventing minute 1 rushes, with configurable time in case you REALLY want a server with instant rushing.
    - Spikes will be both A) more expensive and B) require stone block to retract into. This prevents shitting them all over a grassy plain and will curb the overall amount you can shit out. They're supposed to be powerful and effective, we don't want to kneecap them just because OGM I SPIKEPIT NOO FUKKA THIS
    - Ballista bomb bolt destroys fewer tiles and explodes instantly on hitting its target, like a "shaped charge". Good for killing archers in nests, breaching bases, and nuking siege engines, less of a massive area denial system.
    - Ballista normal bolt does less damage (2 hearts)
    - Ballista has a "minimum range" which makes hitting knights that are attacking it quite hard.
    - Keg has similar range to now but can only penetrate 5 or so tiles (instead of its full range).
    - We're considering some sort of spawn shield to prevent the "fun" of spawning into saws, stray explosives, etc.
    - Skybridging will be turned down a little while we adjust the way support works. Our target is
    - thicker bridges (eg with backwall above) will be able to go further​
    - means no more 1-tile-thick floors across the sky, and that it'll be much more expensive to build far without support.​
    - issue is explaining this mechanic :^) Will probably have "BUILD THICKER STRUCTURE" warning or something​
    - the amount of butthurt about this has been hilarious, thanks guys.​
    - Help icons improved
    - Supplies will probably be lessened somewhat, but with reduced skybridging there shouldn't be as much of an advantage to having a lot of wood other than aiding repair (which I wouldn't mind, since halls often end up pretty wrecked after a siege).

Re: a few accusations towards balance changes
    - jab speed has not changed at all, and jabs are very easy to counter (shield = stun). We're much more concerned about slash spam and are looking into a way to counter this, perhaps with an aimed shield bash. Probably wont happen this week though
    - ammo spam - I don't think it's nearly as bad this update as last, especially with regard to special ammo. I think knights should probably be able to carry fewer bombs than they can now, but I have no qualms with archers and knights having plentiful normal ammo. I very much like that a lot of basic military supplies factories is a viable strategy.

Michal wants to push it out today, we've got a bit of polishing to do on stuff though so it may either be delayed or a little rough around the edges (like always). Sorry for the lack of poll with some of these, we're anxious to hammer out the immediate issues we see complained about before doing anything "big"

Stevedog, m0zzila, hans_02 and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.