1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 808

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, Jul 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well, as much as I don't know much about Monsteri's admining capabilities (and I have no idea why you brought it if not because of a personal grudge), he's one of few people in this community whose maps aren't shit.

Stevedog, delankski, Starsly and 2 others like this.
  2. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Here is a whole bunch of screenshots already showing why SPONGES are a bad idea and why instead of toying around with silly ideas like this why not use perfectly fine buckets and give them ability to remove let's say 5 tiles of water on use or something like that, it won't be as powerful but it will be grief free, the picture is whole bunch of screens as a whole so I recommend clicking the link.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30693265/seaspongesinnutshell.jpg

3. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Yep, there is really no need for sponges when we already have a completely logical tool to remove water.

4. NKking

NKking KAG Escadrille Donator
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

I agree sponges are to abusive I made a post before which shows how person made a underwater tunnel using sponges.

5. lazas1234

lazas1234 Builder Stabber

Looking at that picture I agree that sponges are still quite powerful. I think what might fix it is if it costs more (250 wood), have a smaller radius (2) and make it last for an amount of time (5 minutes).

6. NKking

5 MINUTES O_O!!! In five minutes I can go 5 times back and froth from the enemy base to mine . I think sponges should be reduced up to 1 block so it is just enough for a player to breath. and last for 5 - 10 sec.

7. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

No I do not agree, making it more expensive makes it instantly an obsolete item which nobody will even use, there isn't a simple fix to stuff such as make this more expensive or change it to require research and all this, especially when you have perfectly good and logical use of buckets to get and to fill up with water. Also you said smaller radius, it's useless and you have to spend 250 wood on some sponge when 250 wood could save your base from attack of opposite team.

8. NKking

I agree with you but radius needs to be reduced . ( have you looked at that picture I posted, where a guy made a tunnel). That should not happen.

9. forsaken

forsaken Shipwright

May I ask why you think a tunnel under the water is a bad thing, or why spending ~2000 wood on an overhang and a heap of sponges to kill one war boat (and expose your base to easy assault via land) is a bad thing?

In my mind, constructed tunnels under the water just gives more options to players to expand their bases and makes maps more interesting. It's certainly fun to blow holes in them and cause the builder headaches.
    In my mind, sinking a boat with a heap of already expensive sponges hardly changes the game when you can do the same thing with 2 mines that produce for free after a 150 wood investment in factory. It's no more abusable than an explosives factory, and its not reusable.

To recap: you are complaining about underwater bases (immensely cool) and sinking warboats on your doorstep (easy anyway).
    Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like you're up in arms about... nothing?

10. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

11. lazas1234

lazas1234 Builder Stabber

Maybe I went a bit overboard with the sponges but 250 wood is not a lot, think of how much people get saws

12. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

I think that it would be around 100-150.

13. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Saws don't expire after you soak a few rooms of water with them (or chop a few logs), sponges are consumable items.

Reducing the radius of sponges would make them effectively useless as you would be unable to clear rooms with them. Their primary purpose isn't intended as extra air to let you breath, its to let you clear areas of water that would otherwise be flooded forever.

We decided to make sponges instead of buckets taking water because it allows us to keep the mechanics separate and ensure that sponges are consumable. Sponges being consumable is important for balance reasons - this way you need to constantly buy sponges to build your underwater base.

I dont see underwater bases as a problem at all, fwiw. They're an exciting change and quite fun to fight against (punch holes in them and see the builders "!!!")

Re: Skybridges - as far as I know you can still modify the support numbers in gamemode.cfg to your liking to change this. If certain changes become more popular, we may adopt them. Getting pretty sick of hearing complaints about them while I don't actually see them ingame very often.

Re: Halls getting destroyed - can people confirm that it's fixed or not? The 808 report thread just says he'll check.

Somewhat offtopic but not really worth another thread - I'm off for 2 weeks to NZ to see family and friends, back on the 18th. I might be checking the forums on and off but I'll be much quieter than usual I'm afraid. Hopefully MM can hold the fort, try to make it easy for him guys :^)

14. Oguh

Oguh Builder Stabber

The whole knight in a crate thing has got to stop.

15. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

Most likely dude that appeal will not be happening it's fun easy way to find out there in there is hover you cursor over the crate before you pass by it.

16. NKking

I wasn't lazy and done this, a collage/timeline of pictures with sky bridge in it.

This sky bridge is beautiful(SHIT) Red arches tried to burn it but it was sooooo easy to prevent it from lighting on fire
    Geti and if you cant see sky bridges in game very often you are blind. People use them in their advantage almost every game.

Well enjoy
    All pictures done yesterday. That sky bridge is the Best example of how op sky bridges can get and will get when people will figure out how to abuse them.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    </br>--- merged: Jul 6, 2013 10:54 AM ---</br>
    Also A few tings I am not sure about.
    My team captured a hall but window on the top left wasn't showing hat ( middle hall).
    [​IMG]

Also I wasn't able to spawn. and there was no spawn time. To fix it I needed to re-join the server.
    You can see My body spawned in the middle base but I wasn't controlling it I was in spectator mode.
    [​IMG]

17. Oguh

Oguh Builder Stabber

That's not the problem, the crate just absorb wayyy too much damage while the guy inside can attack freely.

18. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

That certain skybridge didn't even earn us anything. Loki forgot to make an entrance and I think it was used once before it collapsed.
    I can confirm the last two bugs, but NKking PLEASE use the goddamn bug reports subforum already.

Stevedog and Canadian98 like this.
  19. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

I don't mind knights hiding in the crates but what's annoying is how you can still attack while being in one or even use your bombs.

paradoxicalenigma likes this.
  20. AcidSeth

AcidSeth Arsonist

You basterd! I told you to stop.
    But yeah, that is the main problem with this build.

I really missed the notes emoticon, though. :note:
    Maybe something more like this?
    [​IMG]

But anyway, there's no reason to change the Techs Tree right now.
    Like this there's no place for Dinghy Tech.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.