1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 808

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, Jul 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

I didn't notice that, but this changes everything really why is this so, it's not really realisitic that someone can attack in a crate closed up, so I agree with you guys LostPix and Oguh.

2. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

I pretty much have paranoia that crates are out there to get me, every single time I see lone crates or in groups I'd destroy them, don't even bother picking them up when enemy is inside, he will jab you.

Digger101 likes this.
  3. Oguh

Oguh Builder Stabber

Also an ennemy can put a crate with a knight inside in your storage, and he can still attack while inside the storage. Only way to kill him is to remove the crate from storage, then destroy the crate, then kill the knight. Not fun.

Digger101 likes this.
  4. NKking

NKking KAG Escadrille Donator
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Loki made entrance later and we used that bridge, the ballista standing on the top and me jumping from it proves that. Also reds were defending really well they even pushed us back a bit and researched cata. I seen how teams were winning after they base was destroyed.

5. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

I think people get what you're trying to say NKking, you don't need to keep shoving it down our throats to try and get the devs attention.

amgtree and delankski like this.
  6. NKking

I am trying to prove my point to monsteri.

7. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

But you're just posting the same issue in different pictures, if there was a point to have been proven it would have been proven by now.

8. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

I spent some time now and played around with ballista in sandbox mode and I have to say, some issues I've found, everyone is probably aware of it.

- Ballista with explosive ammo penetrates door block.
    - Ballista with explosive ammo does not damage stone doors which results in walls being destroyed and doors left floating. (this floating glitch happens from time to time, usually on servers)
    - Ballista with explosive ammo does not damage factories or kill migrants in them.
    - Ballista with explosive ammo should not penetrate boats on hit, instead it should explode on contact damaging the boat and unaware passengers.

Edit:

I really need to start submitting bugs.

Edit:

I also noticed you can't destroy workbenches with right clicking on them as builder and you can't fix damaged floor in halls, can't place blocks because it collides.

Stevedog and Canadian98 like this.
  9. NKking

fine but just think why sky bridges were removed from classic same problem will soon appear here.

10. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

That's good, you pretty much polished it, I was too lazy to find item icons and place them, but it's exactly how I wanted it to be.

Edit:

I also agree there is no point changing the tree as it is now because it's not most important right now, but it's something to look into, even if this does not make it into the game I hope it can be modded, after all we don't make the game but MM and Geti, we're only unworthy plebs.

greyfox likes this.
  11. AcidSeth

AcidSeth Arsonist

Yeah heh, right.
    Editing your scheme I felt like we shouldn't have a Bakery technology to make Bread. We could just start with it.
    Any peasant could do that, no need for a license!

8x likes this.
  12. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Indeed but that's in theory, in practice it's a game changing element, you can easily spam 5 bakeries early in game and attack with almost invincible army of knights.

13. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

I am really hoping that the devs see this post. I made a 5 block thick tower which went at least 30 or more tiles high. I had a very well protected archer nest which was to high to be bombed and the archer was untouchable. It was easy to shoot out of and overall a very effective nest. then on top i had a nice protected place for a cata or ballista. This tower was certainly not your average everyday run of the mill tower. Knights could not bomb jump over it either. Not even from the suspended island base they had in the middle of the ocean. The whole thing costed around 2500 stone to make. Plus an amount of wood I am not sure about but probably around 200 or more. This tower would have certainly won us the war accept for one thing. The "sideways trampoline glitch" as I have heard many call it. I am not entirely sure if this is a glitch or if it is intended. If it is indeed a glitch then it must be removed. There have been so many games won by this alone that its almost game breaking. If it is in fact something intended to be in the game then it needs to be nerfed. Sadly i do not have a picture of the tower i made and what was happening with the knights flying over using this exploit but im sure you could easily find it if you went in to a game and just watched. It happens almost every game as far as im concerned. Please devs do something about this. It is indeed an extremely large inconvenience when you make something so great and it just gets easily overpassed by such an annoying exploit.

14. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

The sideways trampoline is a bug and we'll have to remove it cause its too exploitable I guess.

15. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Released a patch which does not change version number.
    Restart your servers.

Changes:
    • Bunch of network, script and physics optimizations
    • fixed time left counter in WAR
    • re-added drill scroll to trader
    • added lanterns for traders in some maps
    • Red barrier is stronger

16. SeanAS

SeanAS Meth Addict Donator
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

Great! ^ ;)

17. AcidSeth

AcidSeth Arsonist

Thanks for the patch MM, but now bugs popped up with it.
    I'll drop some I've noticed here as well.

-Archers can't shoot special arrows. When selected, special arrows don't even get cocked and no sound is played. It shoots a normal arrow instead, eventually.
    -In Solo, I can't change class. As a Knight I just jab at the Hall and the Class menu pops up and closes instantly.

18. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

I'm just curious if lighting will get some proper work done, it updates chunks really slowly and if speeding up the light chunk updating why not add option to turn on or turn off smoothing filter for light, MM you really need to look into that, even some ability to turn certain things in options, quality settings and all that.

19. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

What ever happend to
    [​IMG]

20. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Not sure why the old war base was abandoned, I personally liked it...

The current system works better than the old one though, especially because we are limited to only 5 factories at a time instead of massive factory spam we had before... and after that the migrant hotels... Yes Halls are better.

Digger101 and delankski like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.