1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 825

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, Jul 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Haha, maybe - not sure if there are castles big enough to prevent that catapult from killing them though :D

m0zzila likes this.
  2. Chaoticredux

Chaoticredux Shopkeep Stealer

I was messing with the trap blocks , how many blocks can be activated that are touching ? I was trying to make a boulder trap but the boulder would just float. I had about 8 trap blocks stacked vertically with a boulder on top , changed teams hit the blocks with my head they would flash like they got activated but the boulder just stayed in place.

[​IMG]threw together a quick test, it seems its just playing the activated animation but its not actually doing anything , would only fall if i wall-jump to the block right under the boulder.

Also I have a suggestion that really should be implemented concerning the trap blocks , would it be possible to have the range of activation extended for the blocks themselves? Currently if you have a 2x2 space with trap blocks above they wont even activate unless the player would jump right up into them , it would be better if the blocks triggered when it detected a nearby player , kinda like the trap bridges in classic. It would make ceiling traps useful, cause currently all you got to do is "hey a trap block , dont press up".

3. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

The issue above is very much likely to do with the myriad optimisations that have been done to collisions - i think if someone put a new boulder on top it would fall. We'll have to add a flag to make it fall properly i guess (re-check if its solid or not)

4. SlayerSean

SlayerSean FYI: it's pronounced "seen"

I noticed that same boulder glitch in the challenge mode. Towards the end where there is the boulder trap (the second one on the map, 3X2 I think it is?), when all 6 blocks were opened, the boulder didn't move...until I walked under it (and died). :P

It's a nice mode though. Long map, annoying at points ( spike spam :P ), but fun still. Unexpected boss battle too, haha...that attack sure caught me by surprise.

5. Inferdy

Inferdy Arsonist

• lots of scripts optimizations to increase server performance :thumbs_up:
    • improved spikes collision ???
    • possible to avoid spikes retracting when moving very very slowly ???
    • trap blocks open trap blocks above them - eg. can build ceiling traps with boulder - it is awesome
    • fixed platforms and materials taking jab/slash damage :thumbs_up:
    • new help image in ESC menu :yes:
    • lots of tweaks to help messages (F1) :yes:
    • minimap dissapears on mouse hover :yes:
    • trader is invincible (just a temporary solution) :thumbs_down:
    • bison AI fixed a lot (he still jumps insanely though) :thumbs_up:
    • added health bars to shark and bison :thumbs_up:
    • boulder crushes when on top of player - but why that?
    </br>--- merged: Jul 23, 2013 9:22 AM ---</br>
    yep yep yep it is awesome :p

6. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Reaaalllyyy
    Sedgewick
    How many people will even understand that.

7. SlayerSean

SlayerSean FYI: it's pronounced "seen"

I don't...what am I missing? I understand Rayne though. :P

8. Ne3zy

Ne3zy Haxor

Oh and why can't we talk while we're dead anymore ? I hope it's a bug !

9. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

And I'm still waiting for new hats/heads....

10. m0zzila

m0zzila Tree Planter

The hidden chat looks better than the normal one with just no background. Only the text in color, like in Soldat.

11. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

There are little to no oldfags left :(

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Sicarii Donator
    1. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

I understand rainbows, there is still some oldfags around

On topic - Simple Amazing, now lets hope a few more people hope on and enjoy this...
    But I do have one question, are bugs in classic going to be fixed soon or are you just working in beta till its released on steam?

13. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Classic isn't going to be worked on, and from what I've heard they're going to probably do a few patches after it's been released, then move on to a new game.

14. Geti

We're not likely to fix a lot of the very fiddly bugs in classic - they're a large part of the reason we replaced a lot of the old engine.

We're looking to make a mode to help ease the transition, we'll talk more about it at some point soon but basically CTF with workshops. Our end goal is that you won't _want_ to go back to classic - there will always be diehards that refuse to move over, but the number of hours required to fix those bugs outweighs the benefit we can see, especially considering we wont be paid for it. We're likely to release all of classic DRM free at some point though as a thank you to the community - but not to serve as a demo. The games are divergent at this point, and we'd rather not try to yank either too far towards the other - we'll just end up with a game designed by committee and appreciated by none that way. I hope you can understand.

The old references are fully intended to only be understood properly by a few people. We had to flip a coin between princess rayne and princess Ej though, maybe we'll see both in the future and get them both riled up in honour :^)

We'll be patching relentlessly after getting the site sorted out this week (lots of updates), priorities at the moment are movement, builders attacking intuitively, some build time changes to improve the size of castles produced, spawning on and starting with a hall (good for map design and consistency), and increasing hall capture time (preventing tunnel flanking with one guy from ruining the game).

15. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

screen-13-07-23-09-48-18.png
    Poor sedgewick. Never knew what hit him.

illu likes this.
  16. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

Rayne is very good at being a one-shot meatshield against Sedgewick's necromancer blasts.

17. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

mhh.... Death matches between Bisons, sharks and traders!!!! !spawn

Edit:
    btw, 1 trap block activates the trap above for making traps is nice. It would be great to have a circuit in which 1 trap block, when activated, triggers a trap, which could be a boulder falling, but not as directly, like using ropes* (yes ropes!). Something like GunPoint: you conect doors, lanterns and stuff smartly to provoke special behaviours using the electricity. Here a sketch:

trap conections.png
    Edit2: Ah i just read Chaoticredux post :E

m0zzila and nkChehov like this.
  18. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

I'm one of the old fags still being around.

VanHuek likes this.
  19. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

yea thats pretty annoying

20. CookieEpic

CookieEpic Shopkeep Stealer

So i got to the end, princess was all like

"THANK YOU MARIO"
    So i threw away the light.. ;)

But then suddenly i realised i could kill her.

Her body pieces flew across the map 25252525

KingGoldZX likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.