1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 825

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, Jul 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Can you guys for the next update add switch to turn off help messages appearing by default?

Guitarman likes this.
  2. -Tj-

-Tj- Sicarii Donator
    1. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

There already in game and able to turn them off, simply press F1 to toggle it...
    Saved princess Rayne, and unlike you cruel bastards, I saved the damsel in distress and lived happily ever after in the void. (The void is better then stabbing a sword through the princess)

3. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

Do you think you could make the map bindable as well?

lavalord likes this.
  4. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

You don't understand at all, read again what I said: "Can you guys for the next update add switch to turn off help messages appearing by default?"

BY DEFAULT...BY DEFAULT!

Which means they are turned off by default and don't pop unless you press F1 first.
    </br>--- merged: Jul 24, 2013 3:22 AM ---</br>
    Map actually works fine if you switch it off using M on your keyboard next time you launch the game it will be off or in state you left it.

There is a lot of unfinished things and it rustles my jimmies, for example resolution support is one, it must be a pain in the ass for everyone to play at 1024x768 resolution on bigger screens, resolution settings are present but they stretch pixels in game and cause some glitches too.

5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

No, the majority of players require help messages the first time they play. Turning them off is a logical step. If the game doesn't save the setting, that needs fixing, but afaik that only happens if sv_test is on because you've been cheating in local games (check your autoconfig).

Resolution stretching the image is intended, otherwise people with larger screens would get a massive gameplay advantage.

@Guitarman: bindable how?

6. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

Is that hard coded by the way?
    I assume he means so you can change the key from 'm' to something else.

7. m0zzila

m0zzila Tree Planter

Here is something else I want you devs to think about.

A Level System where you reach higher levels through experience points. You just get a little Number next to your name above your knight.
    I guess you need a constant running Server for that to work and it might not be easy to get that done. But its key to a good game. Every bigger game has its Level system. Call of Duty would be a good example. Because we humans want to progress we want to get better yed we all want to be the best in something. And this demand keeps ppl playing a game. Look at all that shitty browser games its braindead bullshit, but ppl are playing it because you can reach higher levels than your friends.
    And KAB is something completly new, its an awesome idea of a game, make it big guys!

Is this idea in any way imagineable geti or mm?

8. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

They thought about doing upgradeble knights and archers but this isn't going to happen in vanilla gameplay, it will be probably be made in a mod - for my project we are certainly doing it - but there won't introduce this before release.

9. m0zzila

m0zzila Tree Planter

Too bad :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.