1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 947 - Fixes and Improvements

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Bernhardt

Bernhardt Builder Stabber

Yup, still there.

Was fortunate enough to experience one of these WTF moments in our base earlier today.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 21, 2013, Original Post Date: Nov 21, 2013 ---
    What Monsteri said.

I've been testing this arrow climbing thing quite a lot today, and it's a cute little addition, that's all.

It's used to nudge 1-2 Knights over a short wall when there is a quiet moment. It's nothing too powerful, simply a tool you can use when there is no Builder around. Arrow climbing removes the frustration of having to call for a Builder, or going back to change class yourself.

Atheon likes this.
  2. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Legolas shots at a tall wall allowing a knight to climb it can be a nice little help but it requires teamwork and communication. In fact, that's why I like it, I can say "Hey archer, legolas shot that wall please." and then he does it and I feel all BAMF climbing that bitch and taking out some dudes. It's not really overpowered, just a cool addition.

Atheon, Aeynia and Bernhardt like this.
  3. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

For some reason, whenever Archers get any sort of buff, everyone freaks out like it's the end of the world.

Atheon, FuzzyBlueBaron and Jlordo like this.
  4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

>niche archer buff
    [​IMG]

Seriously guys, play before crying about it. Yes, archers can help people over walls. Funnily enough that doesn't mean the game is completely different and immediately terrible, only that archers can help people over walls.

Re: the keg hitting- we're very aware of it and MM spent several hours yesterday trying to fix the issue, but was unable to get a solution working for everyone. We reverted the changes to avoid introducing other unexpected bugs, and will be trying a different approach next week.

5. Darksteel

Darksteel The see me Boulderin', they hatin'. Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

Nice to see the Archers getting thrown a bone for once. And how the hell can you guys bitch about Knights scaling buildings with Archer assistance when Archers can carry a drill and be through the weakest points in a base before you can even take out one knight! Jeez, just let those paper-thin archers have this one.

Atheon likes this.
  6. hierbo

hierbo Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I agree with you, but this particular buff has at least 3 factors that make it not just an archer buff:
    1) It is at the very least a minor nerf to buildings, and by extension, builders. Builders are already somewhat marginalized, so doing that to them is best done with great care.
    2) There is no direct reward for the archer in this action, so trumpeting it as an archer buff is questionable. Sure, you don't need to be showered with riches or praise to be a help to your team, but it doesn't hurt! Also, the archer doesn't get any more mobility out of it because he could already scale that wall without breaking a sweat even without the arrow climb.
    3) It is also a knight buff. This, in conjunction with bombjumping, makes even walls of biblical proportions able to be overcome by knights in many cases. Knights were already super versatile, resilient, and deadly, so doing anything that helps out just them is worth looking at with a skeptical eye.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree with the arrow climbing feature (though I must admit I have concerns), but just pointing out that often even small changes have large, numerous, and sometimes unforeseen effects on the game. I know I'm sounding like a broken record, but game balance is neither trivial nor easy. So, lets take the thoughts mentioned in this post and the others, and reserve judgment until after we see how it plays.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  7. Aeynia

Aeynia Obligatory Mute Girl Donator

Arrows break after one person "jumps" on the arrow, so it's really not a huge change. It helps Archers contribute a bit more, but it feels a bit wrong in regards to builders.

Atheon likes this.
  8. Builders still own arcjers and do just fine vs knights

Atheon likes this.
  9. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I think stomp has become ridiculously powerful. If you're a knight, crash down on your foes from a mile in the sky, as you won't take fall damage. Builders and archers, just dropkick people. Like seriously, anyone with elevation is practically already the winner before a fight starts (Unless you apply certain advanced tactics).

Atheon likes this.
  10. Iamaclay

Iamaclay Shark Slayer

can't you just hold down and *bam*, they fall through you?

Atheon likes this.
  11. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

[modified] all classes can arrow climb

Pure awesomeness guys. Im glad a second one of my ideas made it into the game! Going for 3!

Atheon likes this.
  12. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

[modified] stomp doesn't stun or hurt the stomper

This has changed the knight vs knight gameplay and is a nice feature for builders and archers to attack. But now you always try to gain height in a 1on1 / 1on2 (which is not neccessearily a 'but'). When approaching a tower now the defenders are a little more in advantage: if they aim wel where to stomp they got the first point. Don't know how it all changed but knight felt rare until I got used to it. Nothing bad about it, it just felt different. It's like getting stunned now freezes you more often or slightly longer, which I guess is better for archers role in assisting knights.

Nothing bad about it, surely in 1 week from now we will have forggotten this things were added and we will feel they always were there, as with wallrunning, which after that time it felt so natural, nobody remembered gameplay without it.

Atheon and Contrary like this.
  13. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Right, that was purely your idea.

Atheon, Ej and Iamaclay like this.
  14. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

I don't want to argue here and go off topic, but look through the archer general thread and you will see that I was the first person to suggest it. Thanks to the support of everyone else who actually tried it in game like @hierbo for setting it up on his server, it got momentum to be put in-game.

Im glad the KAG Community is so helpful and great. Great job everyone!

Atheon likes this.
  15. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

Yup, I've done this a few times and it is absolutely hilarious watching people gib when they think they will stomp me.

Atheon likes this.
  16. Bernhardt

Bernhardt Builder Stabber

Does this work in water too, by the way?

Atheon likes this.
  17. Bint

Bint Haxor

nah you need to be crouching.

Atheon likes this.
  18. lol dont want to ruin it for you but this thing was suggested like day 1 of closed beta and the game just had to change and stabilize enough to have it pushed (with some support from testers too)

but gj, you dibsed it

Atheon likes this.
  19. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Oh. Lol. Sorry. Should have said "First one to make a post on the suggestion category about it" Anyways. Just played a few games with it, super fun.

Atheon likes this.
  20. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

-Sudden realization mode-
    I just noticed how slightly op builders + knights are. You know... with their ladders and such. Ladders themselves, while easy to break, are also quite nerfing on buildings. Sooo... archers with their fancy pants arrows shouldnt be a problem since both builders and archers are quite nerfing to buildings now. o-o
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 22, 2013, Original Post Date: Nov 22, 2013 ---
    o wo
    Oi. Calm down, people can still manage to wall run up the wall the platforms are attached too.. if they have the skill to do so. >w>

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
    Atheon likes this.