1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Builder Block Key-Binding

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Darksteel, Sep 6, 2016.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

I like this way. It doesn't interfere with other controls.

2. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

By this logic they might as well just redo the F click for switching blocks

3. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

I actually don't like his idea. Yes it makes building easier, but it removes the whole skill of quickly swapping blocks with the menu.

4. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

But I think the whole point of this thread is to be able to select a specific block by pressing a button. Yes, that will allow you to quickly change between a few blocks but it's still very limited. You wouldn't be able to select the blocks it switches between. Some people might rather spikes instead of stone to quickly fend off an enemy as builder. I think the method needs to be customisable (change block key/order like with emotes), so using the 1-9 keys or scrolling while pressing middle click may be a more viable option.

I still think you should be able to quick switch to wood or stone by clicking F, but not cycle though the blocks.

Mods: Rainbows