1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Builder coin cut (CTF)

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by 4zK, Mar 8, 2017.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. 4zK

4zK Horde Gibber Staff Alumni

Don't get me wrong, I think building is important and should be rewarded accordingly, but I feel that turtle tactics are too stalemate-inducing when the game could progress faster if building money was spent at a faster pace.

My suggestion is to progressively cut builder earnings starting with 1/2 at a total of 250 coins in an inventory (the cost of the most expensive item) and 1/4 at 500 coins (the amount of coins required for the For King and Bounty! achievement).
    At >250 coins (warboat)
    • Wood block: 1 -> 1 (0.5)
    • Stone block / Trap block / Spikes / Doors / Platform: 4 -> 2
    • Workshop: 10 -> 5
    At >500 coins (steam achievement)
    • Wood block: 1 -> 0 (0.25)
    • Stone block / Trap block / Spikes / Doors / Platform: 2 -> 1
    • Workshop: 5 -> 3 (2.5)
    Additionally I'd like to suggest rewarding 1 coin for every second placed stone background block (0.5 per block) as it's one of the most important yet unrewarded blocks in the game.
    The whole point of this suggestion is to discourage turtling & coin-farming styles of gameplay and encourage spending your coins regularly in support of your team instead of saving up for a barrage of otherwise high-value items such as bomb arrows, kegs or ballistae (when your team is probably already winning). I've played like this a plenty of times before and it's still a completely valid style of playing, but it gives the opposing team little chance of retaliating when a single enemy builder has enough money to replace every ballista that gets destroyed.

I understand that this might sound like a fruitless suggestion to many, so I'd like to hear your thoughts and reasoning whether it's a valid one or not.

2. AvadaKedav

AvadaKedav Bison Rider Staff Alumni Donator

Completely valid point of view, this style of 'turtle' builder is pretty overpowered as coins can be easily farmed with things like platforms. Tree farms make this really easy to do too. Your suggestion to progressively cut builder earnings is a good idea to help 'nerf' this.

Magmus likes this.
Mods: Rainbows