1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

building tips with the chief part one

Discussion in 'Builder' started by master-chief, Jul 15, 2012.

1. master-chief

master-chief Arsonist

this is a tower that i built and tested on a few servers althrogh it is not knight prof but it will take a long time for any one to get into it. but it is weak agenst builders as they can put ladder. a screen shot of it is attached to this. you may change the hight if it or the with but it must have front part the same and be careful this take a long time to build but worth it. i have left out the back wall from the trap doors to show you how to build it. now heres some tips. the max number of blokes you can go out is 6 unless you use a glich there will be a pic of it under neth this. and no i did not use back wall or editer.
    i will be back with more tips .

Attached Files:

Noburu and Ej like this.
  2. SirSammy

SirSammy Shark Slayer

Your tower has a really weak infrastructure and would be easily destroyed with a well-aimed cata. Also requires high maintenance which is considered a -1.

What you can do to make this tower hard to scale? Add overhang.

3. master-chief

master-chief Arsonist

well you may change it however you whant but tis imposable for knights to get into and the walls at theres thickest are 5 thick the full struckert is 7 blokes you can add more stone to it and make it thicker. and i might add a over hang next tips but for now ill just leave it at that

4. SirSammy

SirSammy Shark Slayer

Not trying to be rude but your english really needs work. Nothing to be ashamed of - you just might want to use this http://translate.google.com/ if English isn't your first language. People with bad English are very hard to communicate with so Google Translate might help you out :)

CheeseMeister and HERaLD like this.
  5. CoD

CoD Haxor

OK, my personal opinion, you really want it?
    I'll put it in a spoiler if you don't want to read the truth.
    It's terrible, a complete waste of resources, on top of that a skilled knight with 3 bombs could create notches to get up. I mean there isn't even a overhang.
    It would take ages to build and for nothing it provides virtually no defense whatsoever.
    And so what if it is a decent defence against knights a builder could get up there and that's 10x more important
    I don't know how the fuck I said all that without swearing]Sorry if I appeared offensive to you.

short_round, Miauw62 and WarrFork like this.
  6. HERaLD

HERaLD Shark Slayer

This is a troll thread, right?
    Right?
    Its not even REMOTELY archer friendly!

Miauw62 likes this.
  7. CoD

CoD Haxor

I don't think it's friendly... period.

short_round likes this.
  8. HERaLD

HERaLD Shark Slayer

Agreed.
    Also, not knight invincible, eventually they shall break the teamdoors and use the tap w, jab trick, allowing them to swarm through it if left unattended.
    Plus, the wood costs for that tower would be atrocious!

9. KnightGabe13

KnightGabe13 Arsonist

A good knight could easily bombjump it, using the Vertical Bombjump tactic, or just a catapult. Especially if this tower were build in a different spot, where it's not on a hill. :huh?: EDIT: They could also dig under it.

Fixed.

10. CoD

CoD Haxor

I think "chief" needs "building tips"

11. HERaLD

HERaLD Shark Slayer

Did you know you can place blocks!?
    Must make thread about it.

CoD likes this.
  12. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

Yeah, this costs too many mats, a "knight proof tower" is derpy, because towers are nearly always knight proof, but knights come with builders, and builder ladder over this with the greatest ease.

Also, the door is too high, if you jump out you'll be stunned, so this is a negative thing for your own team.

I'm not even sure that its possible to get back up, as there are 3 spaces between notches.

13. master-chief

master-chief Arsonist

just to tell you that the towers 2.0 ver is comeing up. now this would be my first tower so lay off a bit please? it will be in part 2. and part two is now up

14. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

If its your first tower, then dont call it "building tips".
    Call it "Chief's First Tower" and we'll "lay off a bit"

KnightGabe13 likes this.
  15. master-chief

master-chief Arsonist

yes i hade messed up the title but now i cant change it.

16. HERaLD

HERaLD Shark Slayer

Seriously, please don't act like your tower is all cool and impossible for knights to get up.
    They can, even without a builder. It costs too much wood.
    An overhang isn't going to fix your tower, your better off restarting from scratch.