1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

BW Tournament: 1v1 Knight (EU)

Discussion in 'Old Events/Giveaways/Contests' started by daskew87, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Persephone

Persephone Shipwright

Dont be rude he tried though and he was playing instead of irael

2. daskew87

daskew87 Legendary corpse humper Donator

He is quite a good knight, and was a reserve incase someone backed out, and someone did.

3. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

I believe it would be best if we didn't comment on how people can improve their gameplay because that is terribly annoying. Just a suggestion.

SAcptm likes this.
  4. SAcptm

SAcptm Haxor Staff Alumni

Psst Klokinator, please don't shit up the thread for this nice tournament for nice people trying to have a nice time with your unwarranted dick-waving. Noone here has made the suggestion that these participants are automatically better than you so you don't need to defend yourself.

Kazaco97 and Galen like this.
  5. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

You're right, a throwaway comment about jab spamming was me defending myself in a tournament I didn't enter. That makes perfect sense.

That ad hominem though.

Joiken likes this.
  6. SAcptm

SAcptm Haxor Staff Alumni

Well forgive me because I can't think of any other good motivations for shitposting snide remarks about people innocently participating for fun (as subs, even) in a casual private tournament which has nothing to do with you.

7. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Ouch, another player that uses the smooth shader :eek:

AJFaas likes this.
  8. AJFaas

AJFaas Base Burner
    1. supr sekrit cln [skrt]

raw pixels for life!
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 16, 2014, Original Post Date: Sep 16, 2014 ---
    Btw to speeden up the progress of the tourney you should invite the two contestants to a private topic or IRC or something so they can discuss a date with you, daskew.

9. daskew87

Okay everyone we have the next 2 matches lined up...

Verzuvius vs Fuzzle

This match will hopefully be taking place today just after 4pm GMT.

This match is scheduled for 6:30 GMT

Bitch_pleasicus vs Demosito

This match is scheduled for 8:30 GMT

The server will be up about 15 minutes before either matches start date to gather audience members. However if the contestants arrive early, the match will start early. The server name is the same as before: Baron's Blood-lust Tournament. The password is aaa.

Here is some more important information:
    Once the contestants have arrived, everyone in the server will be given a new password (this is to stop people joining half way through a match). The server will then be restarted and people will rejoin using the new password.
    The audience will then be told to be quiet and the only people who arent audience members at this point will be me and the contestants. Us three will gather somewhere close together on the map, and I will quickly go through the rules with both of them.
    After that the audience will be given a chance to say anything they want to say for a few seconds, but then once I say "Quiet please" they will have to be silent until the match ends (this is to not disturb the players). Any audience member who speaks may be instantly banned, and perhaps even banned from watching future matches in this tournament.

With all that said...

GAME ON!!!!!!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  10. RampageX

RampageX Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Don't see the server. :B):

11. daskew87

Hey everyone...

We had a suprise set-up today. Franek and Kabouter joined the tournament server and said they were both able to do their match then and there, so we had it. With a few people watching.

If you want to see the replay before looking at the results table, watch the match before opening the spoiler below.

It was a very fascinating match, with stand-offs, blocking, stabbing, slashing, and grenades being used in highly interesting ways.

Franek started off strong, but lost it after a little while with Kabouter taking an 11:4 victory in the end

Here are the new knockout-tables:

Knockout tables.jpg
    The video-recording will be posted later today.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
    Fuzzle likes this.
  12. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

Bye bye NMS I guess

Klokinator, rymcd and Fuzzle like this.
  13. Kabouter123

Kabouter123 Catapult Fodder
    1. Ancient Gear - [AG#]

GG Franek.

Am I the only one who has his heart beating in his throat during 1v1? Mang that shit is intense.

14. daskew87

That's all a part of the fun kabouter ::D:

15. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

What server will me vs @Fuzzle fight on?

16. Sapi

Sapi Shipwright

I'm late, but here's my response: Faas was a skilled opponent :wink:
    Regarding poor taktiks, I haven't invested much thought in the play (I rushed a bit). Before I knew it, I couldn't come back anymore . I'm not sure if I could have won, but a better play on my side was definitely possible.
    Well, somebody had to have the bad luck to face the soon-to-be finalist ( so I believe, based on what I saw there )
    GL to the fighters, may the best :knight: win!

AJFaas and Sexy_Blauws like this.
  17. AJFaas

AJFaas Base Burner
    1. supr sekrit cln [skrt]

isnt it 6:30 gmt right now?

18. daskew87

no mate it's not, I only discovered that information earlier. I live in the UK and right now we are 1 hour ahead of GMT until the clocks go back check the web for what GMT it is right now

19. rymcd

rymcd Bison Rider Staff Alumni Tester

This event looks pretty fun and easy to host. Have you ever thought of doing a US one?
    If not maybe I'll start something up.

20. daskew87

Right here it is everybody!!!!!!! The recording of the second match...

Kabouter123 vs Franek123

--- Double Post Merged, Sep 16, 2014, Original Post Date: Sep 16, 2014 ---
    It's possible I might do a US one, but why not go ahead yourself and host a US one.

If I've started something special here, I'm very pleased about that ::):

franek123, Kabouter123 and zerd like this.