1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

BW Tournament: 1v1 Knight (EU)

Discussion in 'Old Events/Giveaways/Contests' started by daskew87, Sep 14, 2014.

1. daskew87

daskew87 Legendary corpse humper Donator

OKAY GUYS

Everyone watch this space closely because there could infact be 3 matches on today. One of them may be announced very soon before it starts.

2. Kabouter123

Kabouter123 Catapult Fodder
    1. Ancient Gear - [AG#]

http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/gmt-to-netherlands-amsterdam

3. AJFaas

AJFaas Base Burner
    1. supr sekrit cln [skrt]

lets go 7 gmp pzai. you cool with that daskew?

4. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

I am discussing a new time (tomorrow) with Daskew, @AJFaas. (7 pm gmt)
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 20, 2014 ---
    He said no...

5. AJFaas

AJFaas Base Burner

ye i heard. you cool with 8:15 gmt?

6. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Too late for me, sorry bro.

7. daskew87

QUARTER FINALS MATCHES ON TONIGHT

First up we have:

SAcptm vs Aurora-

Battle of Britain ::D:

British-flag.jpg

ON TONIGHT. Servers opening 5:45 GMT which is 6:45 London time. Here is a coundown clock link http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20140920T1845&p0=136&msg=SAcptm vs Aurora- (server opening)
    • Match scheduled for 15 minutes after opening time
    BE THERE. It's gonna be wild.

Next up we have

AmestriStephen vs Kabouter

Two top young male knights. It's gonna be a...

BLAST_zpsa80ef9af.png

SERVER OPENING at 7:00pm GMT which is 8:00pm London time. Here is a coundown clock http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20140920T20&p0=136&msg=Amestri vs Kabouter (Server opening)&csz=1
    • Match scheduled for 15 minutes after opening time
    Make sure not to miss it!

Tomorrow POSSIBLY..

Ajfaas vs Verzuvius

A match of pure aggression

arm-clipart-build-muscle-clipart.jpg

(Watch this space)

These are all Quarter-finals matches for a place in the Semi-finals.
    • The matches will begin 15 minutes after the server opening times. However the audience need to come before the match starts to get the real game password.
    Login information for both pre-games...

Server name: Barons Bloodlust Tournament
    Server password: aaa

More important information:
    Once the contestants have arrived, everyone in the server will be given a new password (this is to stop people joining half way through a match). The server will then be restarted and people will rejoin using the new password.
    The audience will then be told to be quiet and the only people who arent audience members at this point will be me and the contestants. Us three will gather somewhere close together on the map, and I will quickly go through the rules with both of them.
    After that the audience will be given a chance to say anything they want to say for a few seconds, but then once I say "Quiet please" they will have to be silent until the match ends (this is to not disturb the players). Any audience member who speaks may be instantly banned, and perhaps even banned from watching future matches in this tournament.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
    Verzuvius likes this.
  8. AJFaas

AJFaas Base Burner

really got this american wrestling announcer fibe from it :p

Dargona1018 and daskew87 like this.
  9. daskew87

Hey guys I hope to see you at the two matches on tonight.

I have two questions for anyone who wants to answer...

Is the idea of hosting a teamspeak channel for the audience a good idea for the matches? It might be fun to talk orally to one another about some of the craziness happening, lol. Maybe not, but any thoughts?

The second question is. My ping keeps bouncing from 33 to 66 most of the time when I play kag. Is there anyone who knows about computers enough to be able to give me some advice as to how to keep it at a flat 33 ping, which I believe it should be at. This is so the recordings are better. The videos are quite good, but could be better. For this question could you message me personally about.

Thankyou.

10. SAcptm

SAcptm Haxor Staff Alumni

I'd use a TS channel for spectating, could be fun.

As for the ping, you're in the UK and your server is in Germany correct? I believe the reason it "bounces" between 33 and 66 is simply that the game engine only displays ping in intervals, whereas your ping is probably around the ~50ms mark in the middle, thus it appears to oscillate. Distance from the server and the quality of the connection between you and the various exchanges are gonna be the only factor there, and there isn't anything you can do about them. Not that it matters, because that really isn't a problematic latency.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 20, 2014, Original Post Date: Sep 20, 2014 ---
    Spoiler alert: Aurora kicked ass

11. Kabouter123

1. Ancient Gear - [AG#]

zerd likes this.
  12. daskew87

MATCH RESULTS!

Unfortunately AmestriStephen had connection problems and we are having to reschedule the match for another time ::(:

However the first match went ahead! ::D:
    SAcptm vs Aurora-

If you want to see the replay before looking at the results table, watch the match later on in the thread before opening the spoiler below.

Well...

We had a match. It was a suprising match indeed. 11:2 to Aurora-

I think we can all officially say she is both a top archer and knight now. Very talented. And scary :wink:. We have our first Semi-finalist.

Here are the updated results:

Knockout tables.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 21, 2014, Original Post Date: Sep 20, 2014 ---
    THE VIDEO
    SAcptm vs Aurora-

--- Double Post Merged, Sep 21, 2014 ---
    Oh and by the way...

We did a friendly match ::D:

Well apparently some of Kabouters friends wanted to watch him, and when Amestri couldn't do the match, I thought hmmm, arrrrrgh screw it, lets have a friendly match with the same rules and everything involving AJFaas.

FRIENDLY: AJFaas vs Kabouter

--- Double Post Merged, Sep 21, 2014 ---
    QUARTER FINALS MATCH TONIGHT

AJFaas vs Verzuvius

arm-clipart-build-muscle-clipart.jpg

TONIGHT. 6:45pm GMT (pre-game opening) http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20140921T1945&p0=136&msg=AJFaas vs Verzuvius (Pre-game server opening)

This is a Quarter-finals matches for a place in the Semi-finals.
    • The match will begin 15 minutes after the server opening time. However the audience need to come before the match starts to get the real game password.
    Login information

Server name: Barons Bloodlust Tournament
    Server password: aaa

More important information:
    Once the contestants have arrived, everyone in the server will be given a new password (this is to stop people joining half way through a match). The server will then be restarted and people will rejoin using the new password.
    The audience will then be told to be quiet and the only people who arent audience members at this point will be me and the contestants. Us three will gather somewhere close together on the map, and I will quickly go through the rules with both of them.
    After that the audience will be given a chance to say anything they want to say for a few seconds, but then once I say "Quiet please" they will have to be silent until the match ends (this is to not disturb the players). Any audience member who speaks may be instantly banned, and perhaps even banned from watching future matches in this tournament.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  13. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Can't find the server.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 21, 2014, Original Post Date: Sep 21, 2014 ---
    The baron tournament server doesnt exist! HELP!

14. daskew87

Okay everyone there seems to be some difficulty with the servers at the moment, wait a few minutes to see if it will accept being changed...

Thanks for your patience.

everyone however JOIN the small ctf server 6v6 in the mean time

15. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

You killing me, daskew.

16. daskew87

Worst case scenario is that we do it in the 1v1 server and ONLY I watch and record.

The match will happen.

17. AJFaas

AJFaas Base Burner

i suggest we all go to that french tdm server and when people wanna screw things over we just vote them out with everyone.

18. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

I am there, faas.

19. Kabouter123

1. Ancient Gear - [AG#]

ok ive got a server for you. [Ancient Gear] CTF

pw: duel

20. daskew87

ANNOUNCEMENT

Unfortunately the Verzuvius vs Ajfaas match had to be cancelled due to server troubles. And Verzuvius has no more time ::(:

However, pilsner has kindly offered his server for us to use...

And bier and demo both are able to fight tonight.

So the pre-game is sheduled for 8pm GMT. Join it. The match starts at 8:15 pm GMT

Heres a countdown clock for pre-game start

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdow...&msg=Demosito+vs+BierGranate+(quarter+finals)

As you may have seen above the server name is Ancient Gear, and the password is duel

You could actually join now if you wanted, the server is up.

MATCH ON: Demosito vs BierGranate

TONIGHT. 8:15pm GMT