1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Mac CA Certificates!

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Borno, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Borno

Borno Shipwright

Just when I thought it was working, yet another problem arises. I searched the thread, and my problem is exactly the same as this guy's. However, It seems like that thread was never finished, and I've done all the steps shown, yet it's still not working. If anyone could help with this problem that would be great.

PS: I've already accepted the terms and conditions, having played this game before on a PC.

Boxpipe likes this.
  2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Having the date that your computer shows would be handy, as that can cause issues verifying the certificate.

Boxpipe likes this.
  3. Borno

Borno Shipwright

The 15th of March, 2013. It should be fine, since the certificate expires in 2015.

UnnamedPlayer and Boxpipe like this.
  4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Indeed, I'm at a loss cause this isn't my area, if anyone has mac experience feel free to chip in.

blukey, rocker2 and Boxpipe like this.
  5. Johncenahasnoballs

Johncenahasnoballs Builder Stabber

Well, Uhh this isn't related to Mac, But when ever I open my KAG, It'd be freezing on 'Downloading.kag..news.rss"

And It'd be great if Anyone can help me out c:

PS: Hey Geti, I love KAG, And my life has been pretty much Miserable with out KAG ): So, I really need to play KAG, Kag is my drug ;)

6. Leoprime

Leoprime Shopkeep Stealer

What operating system are you using exactly?(Would it happen to be Mac osx leopard?)
    In the error message, do you get "5Curl Error in...", or "Curl Error in..."?
    I changed my date to 2016 and got "5Curl Error..." instead of the error message shown here.

7. Borno

Borno Shipwright

Here's my own screenshot, for clarity's sake.
    [​IMG]
    As you can see, it's Curl Error, not 5Curl Error. And I'm using an ordinary macbook right now.
    </br>--- merged: Mar 17, 2013 3:10 AM ---</br>
    I just noticed something. I was re-downloading the game when it said "Downloading Curl Certificates". Maybe there's a problem there? It went by too fast for me to get a screenshot, and I'm not sure if this'll help or not, but I'm posting it anyway.

8. Geti

Repatching the game may be an option, though if reinstalling hasn't worked

To repatch, go to KAG/App/ and delete version.txt, then rerun the game - on OSX I think this is somewhere inside the .application

@John - I'd try repatching or reinstalling, doesn't sound related but I have heard of this helping some people. Running KAG as administrator if possible may clean up issues as well.

Generally issues that are fixed by repatching are related to user tinkering, or incomplete patching, which can be caused by permissions issues, or network connection issues.

9. Borno

Borno Shipwright

Just tried that, didn't work. :(

10. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Borno, can you meet me on IRC some time today? I'd like to work with you to troubleshoot this

11. Borno

Borno Shipwright

Ah, sorry FLAB, I wasn't on the forums when you asked. I should be able to contact you tomorrow though.