1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Can someone tell me some things?

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG Classic]' started by Omen267901, May 18, 2012.

1. Omen267901

Omen267901 Shopkeep Stealer

I wasn't sure where this went.
    I was wondering if anyone could tell me some things about modding KAG. (I've never modded before, and I thought KAG would be an easy start.)

1. What language is KAG written in? (Lua, Java, etc.)

2. How would you make a sound pack? I want to try.

3. I want to try to make a texture pack. What program do you suggest?

4. How would you modify the bots' AI?

2. 1: I think it's C++ or C# not completely sure
    2: Go to your C Drive > KAG > Base > Sounds; then replace those sound files with whichever sound files you want (make sure to back up or you will have to redownload kag)
    3: Paint.net is excellent and what almost everyone here uses
    4: Not much you can do it sadly, there are some variables in the Knight File of KAG> Base > Rules > Whatever game type

3. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Slight more detail than Jerloch
    1.) C++
    2.) Go to KAG\Base\Sounds, KAG\Base\Entities\Rooms\Sounds, KAG\Base\Entities\Actors\Sounds, and KAG\Base\Entities\Items\Sounds are the locations with the sounds on your computer. You can replace those sounds with your own .ogg and .wav and having people replace those sounds would create a sound pack.
    3.) Most people use paint.net but you can use any program that supports transparency. You'll just need to replace the sprites in the KAG\Base\Sprites, KAG\Base\Entities\Rooms\Sprites, KAG\Base\Entities\Actors\Sprites, and KAG\Base\Entities\Effects are all the locations with sprites.
    4.) You can't currently.

inactive_account likes this.
  4. Omen267901

Omen267901 Shopkeep Stealer

Thanks for info! I might try a soundpack.

5. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

Sigh..I cant use Paint.NET

6. Brandon816

Brandon816 Ballista Bolt Thrower

7. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

Thanks Bran
    </br>--- merged: May 27, 2012 3:06 AM ---</br>
    I cant use GIMP either :(
    (its coz I have windows xp service back 2 and I dont want to download anything oover 20 or so megabytes beacsue my internet is going really slow)