1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Can you bring back coloured lanterns?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by asger75, Aug 28, 2016.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. asger75

asger75 Haxor

coloured lanterns are teh best.
    Yours truly,
    AZ

2. Bint

Bint Haxor

Bring back? Are you thinking of a mod?

3. blackjoker77777

blackjoker77777 Haxor Tester
    1. Zen Laboratories

Colored lanterns had never been in the Vanilla game, that said, you can easily make team-colored lanterns by simply modifying (recoloring) their Sprite using the right palette.
    (if you want their light to be team-colored as well, then keep in mind you might need some coding).
    IIRC some sandbox servers used to have a mod including those, you can always search for that if you don't want to do the manual job. :^)

4. asger75

asger75 Haxor

I thought during classic the tth night/day cycle ones had coloured lanterns

Lava and PUNK123 like this.
  5. blackjoker77777

blackjoker77777 Haxor Tester
    1. Zen Laboratories

Oh, not sure about that to be honest, I might have been mistaken.
    So now, I'm confused..
    was your suggestion about having lanterns with the same color of the carriers' team color? or was it having a lantern with a different randomly assigned color each time you spawn one?
    Either way, I've created the above two versions for you in case you actually wanted to use them in a server or something (and as a way of apologizing for misunderstanding you suggestion if that's how you want to consider it :P).
    Randomly_Colored_lanterns.zip : Every time you spawn a lantern it will have a new randomly generated light color (good for parties).
    Colored_Lantern.zip : Spawns a lantern with your team color as it's main light color.
    Feel free to mess with those two (or edit them) to satisfy your needs.
    I still think that leaving the vanilla lantern as it is would be more appreciated in pub games tho and I highly doubt that developers would think about adding this feature to the game.
    (If it used to exist in earlier versions of KAG and got somehow removed then there must be some convincing reasoning about why it shouldn't exist, hence it won't probably get re-added, that's what I think at least).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  6. jimmyzoudcba

jimmyzoudcba Haxor Tester

Like what Blackjoker gave, I'm pretty sure someone already have a resource for that.

7. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

I kinda like the idea of team coloured lanterns (not team coloured light). It should act similar to saws: if someone picks the lantern up it should change to the player's team colour and if they interact with the lantern (turn on/off) it should stay the same colour. This could be useful to see if the enemy team has/is tunneling below by looking at the lantern colour on the ground, for example.
    I don't actually know how the old coloured lanterns worked so don't judge me if I'm just repeating the initial idea.

8. Kazaco97

Kazaco97 Bison Rider Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Let's be honest here...the return of RAVE Towers is exactly what KAG needs right now. :skeleton:

[​IMG]
    (Photo: Warrfork)

Joking aside, I believe there was a resource that had lanterns with a custom GUI but I am unable to find it right now. As @blackjoker77777 said, lanterns serve their purpose so any aesthetic change such as 'color' would likely have to be implemented as a mod.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
    asger75 and blackjoker77777 like this.
  9. asger75

asger75 Haxor

it's funny seeing the old kag look, good old doors

10. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

ty for making the lanterns, I've added it to sandbox reborn. <3

Bint and blackjoker77777 like this.
  11. asger75

asger75 Haxor

I think I'm gonna be hard core playing your sandbox server now