1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Cannons

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ArtCrusader, Jun 9, 2011.

1. ArtCrusader

ArtCrusader Guest

Example-picture:

[​IMG]

Would be cool

2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Wrong time period unless we put them in "late game" like in Age of Empires. Ballistas (giant crossbows) are more likely until we sort out some sort of tech tree.

3. Overlord

Overlord KAG Guard Tester

Hearing all these things about manufacturing to be added how about a type of explosive to be added on the catapult, would be cool to see instead of 3 small rocks falling down =p.

4. m00`

m00` Guest

are you actually planning on having technological advancements similar to those in age of empires? I think thats a great idea except it would be pretty difficult to implement.

I hope that this game continues shifting into the direction of a '2D platformer RTS'!

5. vig

vig KAG Guard Tester

I would definitely like to see ballistas and trap doors as mechanisms. Cannons? We've got catapults.

6. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

That's the plan, though not as "complicated" in age of empires, more like "get item from X construction, take it to Y construction, have W excellent item, throw that at the enemy". Some buildings that allow the construction of other buildings might happen but it's unlikely to reach the "research technology" stage because that seems like it'd be no fun in KAG gameplay.

Re: alternative payloads in catapults - I'm very keen to see this too, we'll see how it plays out.

7. ArtCrusader

ArtCrusader Guest

Catapults could be able to shoot stone (high damage to units and low damage to buildings), bombs (high area of effect damage to buildings and units) and eventually arrows (large spread, medium damage to unit, no damage to buildings).

8. DARKSTAR1

DARKSTAR1 Guest

hmm...just imagine flinlock pistols given to archers, and Knights getting rifles... XD

9. ArtCrusader

ArtCrusader Guest

Cannons would be easily implementable, seeing as I have already made 100% of the art for it :P

10. Strech

Strech KAG Guard Tester

Aahahah xD
    I agree!