1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Mac Can't connect to servers – SSL error

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Jomskylark, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Jomskylark

Jomskylark Drill Rusher

Hey,
    Is KAG down or something? This error has been preventing me from accessing online servers for at least a week now. I try to log in, it loads for several seconds, then the attached image appears.
    kagerror.png
    Any help would be appreciated. I'm running the game on Mac and it's a fresh download from the servers. I took a hiatus earlier this fall but I was playing actively without issue a couple months ago.
    Thanks,
    - Jomskylark

Varion likes this.
  2. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Hey,

is your system date correct? Do you have parental controls on on this account? It's blocking usually connections to our API and should be disabled on the account to prevent from happening.

Jomskylark likes this.
  3. Jomskylark

Jomskylark Drill Rusher

Hi, thanks for the reply. I've confirmed no parental controls are in place on my computer and system time is up to date, even tried eastern daylight time as well instead of standard time. No dice. I also tried a fresh install which didn't work. One thing that I have noticed that is happening with all these downloads that wasn't happening before is the game is taking longer to load because of all the downloading files it is doing while launching. All the images and sounds and stuff. Before the game would just go right into launch, now it takes several seconds to download these files. I wonder if they're not actually downloading and that might be causing an error?

I'll try using different wifi networks next time I go to campus to see if the connection is the problem.

4. master4523

master4523 Masterful KAG Guard Global Moderator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Got myself a Macbook and wanted to play KAG (Classic). It wasn't working either so I decided to dig a little.

Turns out the MacOS build available on the website is a really old build (461 or something?) and it tries updating itself by downloading a file that doesn't exist anymore (version.txt cannot be downloaded).

Here's a temporary workaround:
    (0. Download and install the game from the website if not already done)
    1. Manually download the latest OS X binary file of KAG
    2. Go to /Applications/KAG.app/Contents/MacOS/ and put the binary file there and overwrite when asked.
    3. Run KAG, it should update the files now

Jomskylark and Varion like this.
  5. Furai

That's bizarre. I'll look into it.

6. Furai

@master4523 can you zip your full KAG classic folder? I can't get it to work at the moment.

7. Furai

Nvm, should be fixed now. Spent way more time on it than I'd like to.

Jomskylark and master4523 like this.
  8. Jomskylark

Jomskylark Drill Rusher

I'm pleased to share that upon downloading a fresh install and changing my password I can now access the game like I used to, free of any SSL error! Thanks so much for fixing whatever the problem was, I can't wait to play ctf again. :) Check your donation link, I'll pass along something small as appreciation for fixing whatever caused this.

That said I am experiencing a new problem now where kag does not appear to save my custom control scheme. Hopefully it's just something that will fix with time but currently it is annoying to have to fix my controls every time I launch the game.

9. Furai

I don't know much about Mac. My guess is that it's because KAG is trying to modify file inside KAG.app and I think Mac's policy is not to allow any changes inside. It might be fixed if you open KAG.app like normal folder then go into Contents/MacOS and run KAG directly from there.

Jomskylark likes this.
  10. Jomskylark

Jomskylark Drill Rusher

Yeah, it keeps giving me this message:
    [​IMG]
    http://i.imgur.com/jYx3oxO.png

That seems plausible, I'll see if I can figure it out. Cheers!

Gonna make a new topic for this

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017