1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Can't launch KAG BETA

Discussion in 'Help' started by Grendell100, May 25, 2013.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. bout

bout Shark Slayer

Hey, Rayne. It's not working. :(

2. Zanman777

Zanman777 Shopkeep Stealer

I got it to work on Linux Mint 15, as I have dual boot Windows 7 + Linux. Still not working on windows, though... And since I don't have GeForce FX5200 drivers for Linux Mint (actually they're complicated to install :p), the game lags a bit in Linux... :/

EDIT: Tried uninstalling classic and Beta KAG, running CCleaner, reinstalling Beta KAG on a different folder. Still not working. Christ... Btw I've been getting "Error: could not read the news today..." on the "newsfeed" of KAG's entry panel...

3. Grendell100

Grendell100 Haxor

I have FX 5200 too. Maybe this is that problem... But I'm not getting error with news.

4. bout

bout Shark Slayer

I do have error with news. Maybe that's the cause of crash?

5. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

The news shouldn't be what's causing this problem, it's probably due to the hardware - if you all run the same GFX card, it may be a driver issue. Try rolling back to your last driver release and testing again?

6. UltraMarine_Val

UltraMarine_Val Bison Rider
    1. FUN Servers

7. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Well, on Windows XP/7/8 you can do the following:

Right click anywhere there is free space on your desktop and create a new shortcut

The shortcut should be "devmgmt.msc" without the quotations. it will then ask you to name the shortcut, just accept whatever it wants to name it, you can delete the shortcut later.

Once the short cut is created, double click on it and it will launch device manager window.

Find "Display Adapters" and expand the list

Right click on your driver (in my case I have both intel and nvdia, cuz laptop sux)

Right click on your main driver, probably nvidia or whatever manufacture your card is and select "properties"

in properties, select the drive tab, and one of the buttons is "roll back drive" click on it and it should (if you have a previous version of the driver) roll you back to it.

Alternatively, try updating your driver, using the update drive function (or manually searching the web)

@@@@@

Pretty step by step screenshots on rolling back drivers for windows XP/7/8

Create shortcut:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Name the shortcut:
    [​IMG]

Look for display adapters:
    [​IMG]

Find your driver, in my case nvidia:
    [​IMG]
    Right click on it and select properties:
    [​IMG]

Choose rollback/update(I can't because I already rolled back some days ago for whatever reason):
    [​IMG]

Yes yes, laptop sux, do not need reminding - If you need a linux tut, I can probably find an already built guide by googling or I can boot into it for sheets and geegilezzzz

Let me know if anything is unclear/need help further/doesn't work

Kagesha likes this.
  8. bout

bout Shark Slayer

I will try that as soon as I'll be able to use my PC (brother is occupying it).

9. kaizokuroof

Sure, just keep in mind, an older version maybe be better for this game, but may also affect performance in other games you play

10. Zanman777

kaizokuroof, rolling back the GeForce FX 5200 driver did not work... :( What else can it be?

11. kaizokuroof

You could always dual boot into Linux? Someone in the above posts, seems to be using the nova drivers and they're working fine. I'd say it's incompatible make/model/driver, but I really can't make a judgement call, this isn't my area of expertise. If I can think of anything else, I'll be sure to post here.

12. Grendell100

Grendell100 Haxor

I already have new computer (Laptop, too. I don't think that it sucks :)) Good luck to all that can not run KAG. Hope we will meet in game soon! :)

It should work. Didn't you make mistake? Are you getting error messages, or something like that?

Sorry for my bad English.

13. Zanman777

No error. I rolled back the driver with no errors, then windows asked to restart, which I did. Tried the game again - exactly the same crash.

14. Grendell100

Grendell100 Haxor

So you can try to update your drivers. Here: http://www.geforce.com/drivers

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey