1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Linux Can't play classic

Discussion in 'General Help' started by king-george, Jul 12, 2014.

1. king-george

king-george Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

When I launch kag, the normal menu thingy appears. But when I click the play button, the game appears for a second then disappears... Help?

2. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

What does it say in the black box thing that looks like and probs is the command center for kag?

If it says a file is missing you'll have to re download the game, a file usually goes missing for some reason after a while, I suggest making a copy of the game either way after it's working so if you have a problem again you can just copy and paste the files instead of re downloading

3. king-george

No command box thing, but I’ve reinstalled the game many times, still doesn't work.

4. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

Go into your kag folder and go to "logs", follow to the correct date and copy/paste the console (not the chat, the console.)

5. king-george

It said in that file:
    [14:38:11] Config loaded from 'Scripts/autoconfig.gm'
    [14:38:11] * Config loaded from 'Scripts/config.gm'
    [14:38:11] Loading security from Base/Security/securitysetup.cfg
    [14:38:11] Config file not found 'Security/ignorelist.cfg'
    [14:38:11] Loading ignorelist from Base/Security/ignorelist.cfg
    [14:38:11] Loading ignorelist failed - file missing or corrupt. A blank ignorelist file will be generated for you.
    [14:38:11] Creating video device...
    [14:38:11] Desktop resolution is 1680x1050
    [14:38:11] Checking driver support...
    [14:38:11] Initializing new video device...
    [14:38:11] Irrlicht Engine version 1.8.0-alpha
    [14:38:11] Linux 3.13.0-27-generic #50-Ubuntu SMP Thu May 15 18:06:16 UTC 2014 x86_64
    [14:38:11] Using renderer: OpenGL 3.3.0
    [14:38:11] Quadro NVS 290/PCIe/SSE2: NVIDIA Corporation
    [14:38:11] OpenGL driver version is 1.2 or better.
    [14:38:11] GLSL version: 3.3
    [14:38:12] PNG warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.5.5
    [14:38:12] PNG warning: Application is running with png.c from libpng-1.2.50
    [14:38:12] PNG fatal error: Incompatible libpng version in application and library
    [14:38:12] LOAD PNG: Internal PNG create read struct failure
    : /home/gosha/Documents/kag-linux32/Base/GUI/Fonts/commodore.png
    [14:38:12] PNG fatal error: Incompatible libpng version in application and library
    : /home/gosha/Documents/kag-linux32/Base/GUI/Fonts/commodore.png
    [14:38:12] Could not load console font 'GUI/Fonts/commodore.png'
    : /home/gosha/Documents/kag-linux32/Base/GUI/Fonts/tempesta.png
    : /home/gosha/Documents/kag-linux32/Base/GUI/Fonts/snes.png
    : /home/gosha/Documents/kag-linux32/Base/GUI/Fonts/snes.png
    : /home/gosha/Documents/kag-linux32/Base/GUI/Fonts/KAGFont_small_x2.png

6. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

Well, I'm not the best help you can get, but I can see ALLOT of failures with the .png files.

I'll look into my logs later tomorrow (probably 12 hours from now) and see if I can see any differences.

7. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Hi,

Your issue is that your libpng is outdated.

As you can see in the error KAG was compiled with libpng 1.5 and your system is running 1.2. You'll need to update it to at least 1.5. Someone else had the same issue, however, they were running a rolling release and for whatever reason, could not use 1.5, they got around this by using symlink for the 1.5 version of libpng. The thread is here: https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/outdated-libpng.18993/

Gurin likes this.
  8. king-george

This sure is an old thread...
    I reinstalled kag classic... Says it has outdated libpng again...
    I have libpng15, but I don't know where to place it.

9. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Try adding the command suggested in your run.sh - You can place the so file anywhere and reference it, even in the KAG directory if you wanted

10. king-george

Hmm, I fixed the libpng problem... But there seems to be something wrong. When I pressed rungame.sh, the launcher appeared as normal. I pressed the "Play" button, and the game showed up, with letters written on it "Loading (something, don't remember what)" , and it was like that for five seconds before it vanished. I tried again, but this time, when I press the "Play" button, the game screen showed up a millisecond before it vanished. I looked at the "Logs" folder and looked at the Console file, and there was nothing inside!

Though there was another file in there, called "app.txt". It said:
    Code:
    Engine (build: 1360 version: 0.95A)
    Creating video device...

Downloading checksums from http://update.kag2d.com/0/linux32-client-release/App/version.txt

Version file the same (key matches)

Using file 'Base/libJuxta.so'
    APP GameDLLInit

Game DLL initialized.
    Changing game working directory to '/home/gosha/Desktop/Bin_Client/Base/'
    Could not load autoconfig file ../autoconfig.cfg
    STARTUP FAILED: Could not load autoconfig file ../autoconfig.cfg (error in file, missing ';' ?)
    Help?

11. kaizokuroof

Code:
    STARTUP FAILED: Could not load autoconfig file ../autoconfig.cfg (error in file, missing ';' ?)
    This is probably your issue - Did you edit the autoconfig.cfg file at all?

Can you post your run.sh file contents and also your autoconfig.cfg contents?

Also I believe App.txt (which is the version number and hash file numbers) which checks to see if you should update, is located in Base/App/ not Base/Logs :) though I could be wrong, either way, it won't matter.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  12. king-george

rungame.sh content:
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    echo "Running KAG"
    cd "$(dirname $0)"
    mv KAG.tmp KAG
    chmod +x KAG
    LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:lib ./KAG autostart Scripts/autostart.as autoconfig ../autoconfig.cfg
    I couldn't find autoconfig.cfg, where is it supposed to be located?

13. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

On the root you'd have "autoconfig.cfg". Delete it and run the game again.

Snake19 likes this.
  14. king-george

What is "root"?

15. Asu

The main folder of KAG.

16. king-george

It's not there!

17. Asu

Oh yes, forgot you're on classic.
    Hop on root/Base/Scripts, it's called "autoconfig.gm".

18. startselect3

startselect3 Arsonist

I also had this exact same problem, but I fixed it by playing Beta.

Asu likes this.
  19. king-george

Not there either.
    :-P