1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Can't See servers.

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Demon_Jester, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Demon_Jester

Demon_Jester Haxor

Have tried re installing.... 5 times...
    Have tried restarting pc..... a few times.
    Have tried both in many different orders but nothing works.
    I want to play D:

2. Cerbercre

Cerbercre Brolord 弟兄主 Donator
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

I can't see the servers either so maybe its just a server issue. Wait a little, and try later.

3. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

4. Demon_Jester

Demon_Jester Haxor

Waited a little = no work
    Tried replacing = nothing.
    sigh... :/

5. Caladria

Caladria Catapult Fodder

Having the same problem demon :(, I assume you're playing the new build like me? Everything was fine before I updated.

6. Leoprime

Leoprime Shopkeep Stealer

1.Uninstall Kag
    2.Download any old build from here https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/old-builds.8613
    I had the same problem when downloading the KAG.exe, I replaced the old exe with the new one and it still didn't update so i tried downloading an older one and it worked.

7. Downburst

so what build are you guys on?

8. Leoprime

Leoprime Shopkeep Stealer

I'm on build 572. When I had downloaded the KAG.exe only the engine updated, so i had to re-install.

9. Nadnal

Nadnal Catapult Fodder

I had the same problem but my friend just got kag and we didn't see the same servers and I was use a outdated build
    so I uninstalled kag and re installed it and it works fine now.;)

10. Demon_Jester

Demon_Jester Haxor

lol, yet to fix this problem. I have been re installing kag for quite some time now, and it worked once. However, it worked but ingame the screen and everything was messed up, so i re installed again and now im back to the old problem.

been playing on other pc but cant play as much as on the one im on now, been thinking when new update comes, and i re install the game it will be fixed? anyone know?

11. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Please post a screenshot of your server list window. make sure to include the build number in the lower right corner of the window

12. Demon_Jester

Demon_Jester Haxor

sooooo.... insert image not working, upload file not working.... how do i insert a screen shot D:

Engine (Build 422 version: 0.95A) King Arthur's Gold (build: 428 version: 0.91A)

For the servers, everything is normal but for the servers not poping up.

13. Downburst

You have to update... Since a normal reinstall doesn't seem to work for you:
    Try deleting your version.txt located at /kag/app/ and delete your kag.exe at the main folder.
    Then put this file in the main folder of kag: http://update.kag2d.com/0/win32-client-release/KAG.exe
    (considering you use windows)

If that doesn't work. Could you describe me how you re-install.

14. Demon_Jester

Demon_Jester Haxor

I went to kag folder, then to the app folder and all that was in there was autoupdate.cfg, crashSender,version,crashrpt_lang,dbghelp.dll.

Im probably doing something wrong, my computer skills aint that impressive.

However, i did try the link anyway and the error was: Kag(8).exe-Unable to Locate Component. this application has has failed to start because Irrlicht.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

So, im re-installling once again.
    First thing i do is go to control panel, add and remove, find kag and remove it.
    Second is to go to the main website and Download the windows version.
    Third thing is to check if it is working.
    If not working then i download again and click repair.
    If that does not work i download again form the main site clicking remove.
    Then installing kag once again.

Usually this does not work.

15. Downburst

ok, first go to control panel and remove kag.
    Then go to the place kag was installed an delete the entire kag folder. (if there is any)
    Then download kag from kag2d.com and install. If it tells you to repair it means you haven't uninstalled kag correctly.
    Then start kag with kag.exe

About the kag(8).exe, you can try to place it in the kag folder and rename it to kag.exe. Then start it.

16. Demon_Jester

Demon_Jester Haxor

...Tried all of that.

The saving of the kag.exe thing works...... until engine stops working and it fails me.
    *it fails when i click to startgame. "START"*

17. neil_v

neil_v Shark Slayer

Tried to star up KAG today on my PC (win 7 64bit). There was an error that I sadly did not take a screenshot of, or commit to memory. Kag would not start after the boot up menu. Uninstalled, and reinstalled KAG.
    Now I am also having the problem the op is having. I did not do anything different, but I noticed this when I loaded up KAG:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oddly enough, KAG still works on my laptop.
    I have tried uninstalling the programs and features way, re downloading and reinstalling to no avail.

I also made sure KAG.exe had allowances through the firewall.

18. Demon_Jester

Demon_Jester Haxor

Compliments from the player -TJ-, (former name nitecrawler).

------------

This happens to me every time i re-install, and every time i do this list below, its fixed:

#1 : Re-install KAG to anywhere but the (C:) drive.
    #2 : Delete the KAG.exe when you open the folder you installed.
    #3 : Download this KAG.exe and save to the desktop (Located herehttp://update.kag2d.com/0/win32-client-release/KAG.exe)

#4 : Open up the KAG folder (The folder you installed) (Or just right click on the KAG icon on the desktop and click 'Open file location") Then put the downloaded KAG.exe file in the KAG folder.

#5 : Left click the KAG icon on the desktop, and it should update itself.

If this doesnt work, then fucking so help me. (And you)

------------

I have not tried this yet, been busy. But it is the only other option.

neil_v likes this.
  19. Downburst

A clean install should work, uninstall, delete the remaining folder and then install with a clean copy from kag2d.com.

But as you've already tried you might also want to delete kag.exe located at /kag/ version.txt located at /kag/app/ then download this file, put it in your kag folder and run it.

neil_v likes this.
  20. neil_v

neil_v Shark Slayer

LOL, that is awesome!

-
    Found the problem: KAG doesn't cleanly uninstall...
    (1)Uninstall the game
    (2)go to [computer -> local disk (c: ) -> users -> 'you user name here'
    (3) KAG folder is still there missing some files but not all. Delete the folder.
    (4) Search the C:\ drive for 'KAG'. You may see error reports and you can ignore them unless you are reporting them. You will also get the installation files in your downloads. Delete all other KAG files if they exist.
    (5) Re-install and run.

My KAG now works again :)

-Above post Ninjad me-

hyper_mediocrity and Downburst like this.