1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

"Challenge" mode day 1

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Aug 22, 2013.

1. DevBlogger

DevBlogger KAG DevBlog Feed Bot

Today I introduced end game statistics for the Challenge mode on individual server maps. These include:
    • fastest time
    • fastest team time
    • individual times
    • most kills
    • and so on
    This is all done in scripts so anyone interested in modding can see how to do their own stats system. These stats can of course be expanded later into other game modes.
    I started making a small parkour map by copy pasting an old jump map by splittingred :). I’m still testing out ideas for this. The thing I know is that I want parkour maps to have a time limit of 1 minute not longer.
    To make these climbing/running maps more fun I fixed a big issue with walljumping which is - too much pushing backwards when you don’t intend to (especially when jumping around corners). In place of that you can now essentially run a wall matrix style by pressing movement key in the direction of the wall and tapping jump.
    [​IMG]
    I’m not sure this should stay so don’t be surprised if it’s not there on release :).
    Max was strangely missing today, I hope wild dinghos didn’t kidnap him. He should post an update tomorrow.
    MM

Original DevBlog post.

2. Boea

Boea Such Beta

This makes me curious, in some of your Dev Videos, blocks that mostly fell flatly were able to replace themselves in the world, and take damage from blocks above them collapsing onto them.

What happened to that? Was it an issue of so many blocks being able to replace themselves, and create a massive build up?
    In the RDM video, it seemed that large chunk of blocks that fell didn't make a sizable pile. \:

Otherwise, this should make it easier to be an arrow climbing archer [allows for higher bottom rung], if arrow climbing would continue to exist. [Vaulting Staff, 2013]
    And otherwise push the requirements of making unscalable battlements vs builders/knights even higher.

3. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

Poor Max! D:

Anyway. good job, as always :3

Digger101 and Beepo like this.