1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Changes for Builders/Bridges

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Wyeth, Nov 16, 2011.

?

What do you think of these changes?

Poll closed Nov 23, 2011.
  1. I like them

61.5%
  2. I dislike them

26.2%
  3. I am indifferent

12.3%
  1. Zodon

Zodon Bison Rider

OK now my ideas.

In my idea for builders, there would be a "Charging Stage" that you would have to go through when you want to build. it would last maybe 2 seconds, but after you charge you would have a Very wide building radius AND you can place blocks instantly as long as you are in the "Charged State". It would allow very slow movement, so you wouldn't have to recharge if you wanted to place that one block, JUST a little over, but slow enough that you couldn't spam build as soon as you got to the enemy fort.

2. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I still think it should be a choice. A difficultly option. If you want to have a challenge, then you can click 'hard' and it does what's been mentioned. If on easy, it does what it has been doing.

3. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

no it wont

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  4. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Doors are worse now than before. Out of 6 games CTF I played today, 4 of them had door hallways of more than 5 doors.

I had to ragequit, I could not handle it.

FuzzyBlueBaron and Noburu like this.
  5. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

The more doors, makes it hader for YOU all to break in, yet easier for others (team) to run in and out. Why do you all hate that so much?
    It's called tactics. LEARN IT. You can't just have 1 door, and expect to be able to freking win. That's just easier to break, and less areas to enter, and if a horde of enemies ambush you at your door before you enter, you're dead, they enter, and basically lose.

You might not like how it happens, but the fact is, it's called being resourceful and tactical , and making sure you can get in, and out, and they have a harder time breaking through.

6. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Fact is if you put more than two teamdoors side by side it slows your team down way too much. Put 10 beside each other and it takes you forever to get thru them and back to the enemy's side of the map. You screw your team while helping the enemy.

FuzzyBlueBaron, AGRAIL and Contrary like this.
  7. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Okay it wont. But at least make them place a few less;

8. Zodon

Zodon Bison Rider

not really. a bit less, but less work still gets done in the building phase. they can just run back and forth from the base to where they place.

9. AGRAIL

AGRAIL Shipwright

meh

10. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

More doors = useless defence. Basically doors only stall the enemy from getting in. You win by KILLING THE ENEMY. There is no exception to this. There is no time limit so it's entirely useless stalling the enemy at 10 doors if you can't kill them! The best bases are built around FUNCTIONALITY. I.e. your team doesn't waste 5 seconds walking through 10 doors to get to the frontlines! A well defended base is one that your team can get around easily and one that you can use to attack the enemy from multiple angles. Because the more enemies that die by your hand the more likely you are to win, not how many doors you have. Why won't people like you get this into your head?

FuzzyBlueBaron, Noburu and Rainbows like this.
  11. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

you think you know so much

12. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

If only there was a dislike button...

ACTUALLY lets use this as a makeshift dislike button!
    Like this and you dislike Thiamor's posts!

13. BlueLuigi

You have much to learn.
    Visit the Builders subsection and read around, specifically this thread: http://kagforum.com/index.php?threads/203-security-vs-functionality.2223/

14. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Most people aren't idiots. The doors to the Flag, could be layered, while doors are builts, like of them, higher up on a tower, giving you access to get up to it, and back down. The multi-layered doors, just gives you a small bit of access time, and stalls them, while still giving you the ability to get in, through the top and a bit of time, in the bottom. I don't see why I have to read up on anything when that's basically common sense.

15. Neat

A single door will stall people enough time for you to attack from above and below, similarly a single door can be continually replaced, plus it does not hinder the team at all. Multi layered doors are just a pain in the ass and delay the inevitable. Stalling the enemy for that long is completely useless when you can't kill them in the first place. With maps with mountains every second counts, and saving those seconds to get to the top of a mountain can be done by not having to walk through about a dozen doors. This is pretty common sense too, it's like walking through molasses with multi layers...

16. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

You're not ONLY trying to kill, or take a hill, or take the flag. You're trying to KEEP your flag, and your base(s).
    You can't just place walls and nothing else, and you do need doors (obviously) plus a horde of enemies, gets kinda pointless with only 1 door.
    It isn't just about Offense. It's also about Defense.
    Though the multi-layered doors, could be used where a walkable space is in between each door. That speeds you up a bit more.

17. Neat

If you have a horde of enemies at your front door, you're kind of doing it wrong, but better defense is to go and block drop or bomb them, not to build multi-layered doors that hurt the team. Putting a walkable space between each door helps you but I still wouldn't put more than 3 doors down because then it's too excessive You can easily repair the doors one at a time with 40 wood. No-one will get your flag if your base is functional, but they will get it if all of the teammates are piling out of one walkway that takes forever to get through. Honestly, the extra time you get from them is definitely not worth it in the long run.

18. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I normally only have 3 doors layered at most. Most of the time I build a pit, big one, and a long, upwards door, mixed in with bricks, and back-walls, for archers and quicker access, as it also keeps the enemy from flying over, and they fall into the pit. I do see a lot of layers from other people, though.

Hell I did hate when 1 guy made the entire base surrounding the flag out of freaking doors, though. Using them as walls.

What I hate the most, is when we're winning and our team decides to build tunnels. That's just more ways for the enemy to get in. Definitely tunneling into a good, working pit, and out of it, too, and it just allows them easier, quicker ways out.

19. BlueLuigi

Even 2 doors layered is a pain. Want to layer doors, put 2 tiles between them. Not 1 tile, 2. 1 tile is okay, but still slow as hell, 2 tiles makes it's bearable. Stacking doors is never a good idea, as you are much better off getting your ass out there and protecting the area than letting some doors defend you.

20. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Never a good idea, yet it was getting the job done. Oh, God, was it magic!?