1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Changes for Builders/Bridges

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Wyeth, Nov 16, 2011.

?

What do you think of these changes?

Poll closed Nov 23, 2011.
  1. I like them

61.5%
  2. I dislike them

26.2%
  3. I am indifferent

12.3%
  1. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

I have to say, I'm often against putting a gap between a set of two doors,especially if they're at the base of a wall which has an archer's nest. As soon as they break through the first door, they are then protected from arrow fire.

2. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Until you run them out. There will always be protection from Arrows. Just got to find it/ make it.

3. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Of course, but even the shittiest archer can hold of singular knights trying to break through a door, simply by shooting then whenever they start to charge. Remember, 1 hit = 5 new arrows.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  4. ComboBreaker

ComboBreaker Horde Gibber

-Bridges should be destructable by builders even if they are open.

-Falling stone block should crack through infinite number of trap bridges - just like they crush ladders!(so if there is a builder who have spammed a tower of bridges at your stone wall , you dont need to get down to remove it,you can drop single stone block and crush it into dust).

That would help a lot against spam.

And,I dont like changes.Builders with 250 wood can go happy spam anyway,and bridges are hard as hell to destroy.

Klokinator likes this.
  5. Smokeybacon

Smokeybacon Superdreadnought Donator

yes making bridges destructible when opened would help to ease the OPness of bridges. Destructible by knights also?

6. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

If knights could break them they would become UnderPowered... -.-
    It would be like letting knights break stone again!

FuzzyBlueBaron and Noburu like this.
  7. Miczu

Miczu Shopkeep Stealer

Then make knight to be able to destroy bridges, but not jam the bridge (if you hit it, both teams can use it) so knights can destroy enemy structures but still are depending on builders to move over stone walls.

Klokinator likes this.
  8. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Yeah, jamming bridges never made sense to me anyway. It's just a copout so knights aren't SOL when they fall into pits. It's be best if they could destroy bridges, even when open, but not be able to jam said bridges.

Also, knights should be able to break stone blocks. I think 20 charge hits would be appropriate. Some people will say "But that's too long!" but I think it's a perfect number. As it is, you're fucked until a builder rescues you, and this gives them the option at the least. Your options when falling into a pit as a knight are "Wait for builder to rescue me" or "Suicide".

9. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Knights can hit bridges, but only when they're closed.

10. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I believe he's referring to people suggesting knights get changed so that they can.

11. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Holy crap this thing got derailed.
    This is hardly the place for a discussion on the nature of griefing.
    There have been countless other topics about that, take it to one of them.

BlueLuigi and Noburu like this.