1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Changes large and small

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Apr 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Utahraptor

Utahraptor Hulk Hogan Tester

Seems like a lot of light classes, wheres my knight love?

2. Gerald

Gerald Bison Rider

how long will it take?
    (i have patience but pls not to long:zchicken:)

3. xChapx

xChapx Ballista Bolt Thrower

CANT WAIT!
    [​IMG]
    (instant orgasm):eek:

kuulness and greyfox like this.
  4. Jamburglar

Jamburglar Horde Gibber

kag_barbarian.png "Put 'em uuup! Give 'em the ole' one-two!"

I only joke because barbarians don't know how to use the internets.

[​IMG]

For now...

Miggles, GHOZT, BlueLuigi and 7 others like this.
  5. Gunnar

Gunnar Catapult Fodder

Christos anesti!

Very interesting, and that is too bad Geti that you missed the blonde hair. I was hoping for it.

I am only talking here becaues UI got kicked from the MOLD server

6. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

Its a sling shot.

Also the implementation of horses and builder's having to clear a path for them makes me feel that siege towers are not so far away either. Giant siege tower tank battle :P

[​IMG]

NinjaCell, Adinxs, Ghozt and 4 others like this.
  7. Cadbury

Cadbury You can't escape. Donator

Pardon me, but it's not as though a game can be easily won without a builder ever stepping on the frontlines, since they're pretty crucial in building ladders, disabling the enemy's trap bridges, dismantling towers, and what not. Knights would have a hard time in trying to get past buildings by themselves.

8. Djhacker

Djhacker Bison Rider

very impessive, Architect, what does he do?

9. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

I have a feeling teams will just forgo the mining and building stuff up phase and do some extreme zerg rushing.

NinjaCell, Halosnake, Foxodi and 3 others like this.
  10. Ostricheggs

Ostricheggs Shipwright

I agree completely. Battle builders aren't "needed", but you're never gonna get past another builder without one. Plus, they save so much time, the most undervalued resource in KAG, it's unbelievable. Personally I think you're over thinking interdependence of classes. The level of teamwork in KAG is a beautiful thing as-is. Classes don't "need" one another, but they aid one another in a near unbeatable way when a few players actually work together.

I can understand your desire to exemplify teamwork in a team-based game, but rewarding good teamwork is better than forcing it. As I said before, the current teamwork model in KAG works great. Individual classes whose usefulness is vastly increased with teamwork!

And I hope you guys aren't gonna screw over CTF with overworld balancing.... Right ? :QQ:

Edit: as an addendum, the reason why KAG feels so unique is that it actually feels a bit like an open world game, but it's really not. If you're a new guy and you first join a game, you take a step back and you feel like you're on an ant farm with each little individual dude runnin around doing his own thing for the team. Personally, I kinda like how that feels in KAG.

P.S. classes look ballin

11. Hopefully these next few updates ruin that great feel of KAG being so simple.
    But I guess its good that all these bugs are getting fixed. :)

12. yaranaika

yaranaika Catapult Fodder

I'm most excited for the new classes. Already joke too much about being a battle builder :D

13. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Forgive me if I'm wrong but...

Some people keep saying the word, "soon." Isn't this stuff that's planned for Overworld? Guys, Overworld is a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way off. The fact that you're all getting so excited is humorous, but come on... This is almost a completely different game they're developing.

HOWEVER! I will say that I'm stoked for it. Is there a limit to the number of members a party can begin with? Team MOLE will devour all.

14. cykalu

cykalu Shopkeep Stealer

I think they're referring to "Soon". But that's okay, it's never too early [or late] to dream.

I dreamt of Guild Wars 2 for years, now its finally "around the corner".

GHOZT likes this.
  15. thebonesauce

Guild Wars 2 is also a major release and not an independent title developed by a small handful of people. :D

Not that I'm knocking anyone or anything, I'm super psyched about it too. But I'm not gonna sit here and expect it in the next 6 months. Hell, I've been waiting for the WiiWare port of La-Mulana for like 2-3 years now.

16. Cadbury

Cadbury You can't escape. Donator

So with classes such as Woodcutter, Miner, Carpenter, Mason, and Architect, does that mean you're taking each function of the Builder and making it its own class? Because I don't see a Builder on that list.

EDIT: Also, new hats plz.

inactive_account likes this.
  17. forax

forax Arsonist

im so exited,i acidently ate my mouse!:bison::zchicken::skeleton::D:p:thumbs_up:!!!

Gerald likes this.
  18. Machinista

Machinista Shopkeep Stealer

Really good to hear what you guys are planning/working on outside of the tweaks to CTF and Zombies. Sounds very cool :)

Please keep an eye on game mechanics vis-a-vis public servers. Sounds like some or the changes are not going to play-out well in a non-clan environment i.e. increased interclass dependency. Maybe you don't see war and overworld as public server modes?

Also, I'd prefer to hear more explanation of war and overworld game mechanics that worry about how the UI may look.

19. Reactorcore

Reactorcore Shark Slayer

[​IMG]

Fist of the North Star class?
    This will be the most manly class in KAG, period.

On a serious note, I'm not fond of that new interface, atleast not the Heart display and smaller chat.
    Its very important to have the information about your health at all times without needing to do anything to see it (so the whole "move-mouse-close-to-yourself-to-see-health" is going to be detrimental to smooth gameplay).

Next the limited nature of the heart display is also an issue. I've seen servers fiddle around with the amount of default health as well as classes having different amounts of health. This is not very flexible and very cumbersome for the interface. I suggest changing the health display to something more simple, yet scalable.

Options include:
    a) Health bar (scales with hp amount)
    b) Numeric value, hit points (gives a better idea of unit durability in comparison to others)
    c) Percentage value 0-100% (scales with hp amount)

The chat system is really bad in the current build. The text is small, you barely see whats going on and its not that apparent immediately because its too subtle for its own good. It feels too passive. It needs to be more visible and active because its mostly all about short-term immidiate communication than anything else. Also game server messages and player join/leave/kick messages should be seperated from the game chat because it gets in the way.

Soldat's chat system was great and could serve as a good inspiration for KAG's chat system, but with the addition of a seperation of chat and system messages, it can be even better.

Jackard, Knighthart, aaaaaa50 and 2 others like this.
  20. thebonesauce

That' the whole point of this thread, as far as I can tell. A lot of this interclass dependency is focused greaty in Overworld, not so much CTF or KAG Classic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.