1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Changes large and small

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Apr 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Yea, an option is best.
    Can get very annoying fast, but I can see how it might confuse new players a bit.

2. CaptainNapalm

CaptainNapalm Shark Slayer

The thief should have a crouch/jump from the shadows type function.

3. Sarmane

Sarmane Go Tau'va yourself San Diego. Donator

loving the new kag2d.com look

GHOZT, Filio and thebonesauce like this.
  4. Adinxs

Adinxs Bison Rider

All I want now is that badass thief hat.

SARGRA13, Filio and Knighthart like this.
  5. SirSalami

SirSalami THD Team THD Team Administrator

I hope you guys are enjoying the new website, we all worked hard on it! There will be some very cool functionality added to the site as we move forward. More about that later i'm sure.

Happy to hear more classes are being discussed. While balancing these new classes may be difficult, i hope the potential changes to the pace and tactics of the game will be very welcomed overall.

Regarding the interface, i'm very excited to see some change. KAG can be a difficult game to get the hang of for some, if only because of the GUI. I'm very much hoping that i can provide some insight and help with making some changes to make the game more intuitive for everyone. For now, please check this out and make some comments or suggestions.

6. Filio

Filio Shopkeep Stealer

It's just what I hoped for. The classes being less strict, the inventory/chat, and basically everything.

:migrant:

7. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

W00t. The barbarian will truly be the most manly man in KAG, and my class of choice.

The more frequent test build updates sound good, hopefully they'll go in use too. There's been some work on the Mantis, and I heard that MM has gone nuts with the bugs. Absolutely wonderful. Even that I haven't played this 'god-awful' build, I can say that the bugs in earlier versions were already overwhelming enough. I understand that this game is still in alpha, but some stability with the updates will / would be nice indeed.

Class progression thingy looks nice. I don't think that cutting wood or mining wood would be very interesting unless you come up with some genius ideas though, so maybe the resource gatherers could just be the same class? Or perhaps keep them as-is, but using axe to collect minerals and using pick to collect wood should be possible. Doesn't make a lot of sense I know, but does the system make completely sense currently? Pick and axe could just have some little buffs when used ''correctly''. Or maybe pickaxe? :P
    This or that way, no one will want to play as the resource gatherers, not while the others are fighting. Most players can take in in the current version, because after collecting resources, they at least get to BUILD with the resources.

Collecting resources endlessly = Boring
    Not collecting resources endlessly = Team doesn't get anywhere

You're overrestimating public games a little. If it requires builders to get over a 4-blocks high wall and the builders have no resources, the game will stall, or then no one bothers to build anything and just zerg rush. It'll be different if you have resource collectors, but if it's so boring, no one wants to play as one at least after the first few minutes. Surely one could just go to the mine level, mine, come back, switch to builder and go. But this is time-consuming, and what if the builder dies before getting to the frontlines? Boring boring.

This could be fixed with some money-stack like someone was suggesting, which isn't a bad idea either, in fact it is a good idea.

But it could also be DONE by making a lot of dangers in the mining level (or unless you don't want separate levels, just underground) and making mining stuff be an adventure in itself.

I'll edit something about the interface a little later.

8. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

New frontpage is fucking ace, very good work, the only thing I'd like to see is that outdated video been replaced really.

Good to know there's some solid planning for the future too, the classes are a little more numerous then I was expecting. Even if it's hard to balance it's at least symmetrical, and much more importantly I'd rather the devs took some risk to try make a game they wanna make then half arse it cos it might take a few months to fine tune.

9. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Dudes, are we forgetting how much people love minecrafting in this game? Think about it.

NinjaCell and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  10. Dark_Ham

Dark_Ham Shipwright

This looks so sweet! Can't wait! :D Really loving the idea of new classes!

11. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

thank god you're embracing visible weaponry geti.

12. ilaks

ilaks Bison Rider Donator

Very nice read.
    Hopefully the coming updates will spark my interest in the game once more, as I kind of lost it.

Dark_Ham likes this.
  13. L-III-III-7

L-III-III-7 Shopkeep Stealer

the idea of adding evolving class trees is in its own right magnificent but i would still like to see more classes rather than the evolution of 3

14. hexalslug

hexalslug Bison Rider

Please keep the option for a server to have the classic archer-builder-knight classes. Though I assume that most of this will not be implemented in public servers (this much interdependence would completely ruin public servers) which I guess means that the classic CTF will still be there.

Basically I just hope that as much as possible is made server-optional so people don't lost the ability to play the game they love in case they don't like some change.

It all sounds awesome though, can't wait.

Beef likes this.
  15. Dark_Ham

Dark_Ham Shipwright

Same here. I love KAG but right now I'm just gonna chill and wait for the overworld!

16. thebonesauce

You're gonna be waiting a while. This is a huge, HUGE update, and it's probably gonna take a year, if not longer.

17. Dark_Ham

Dark_Ham Shipwright

Yeah I understand that but at least i'll have something to look forward to. I look at KAG like a antique. The longer I leave it to get older the more better it will be? You get me homie?

18. thebonesauce

I get ya. Me personally? I'm not sure I could walk away from it that long. :D

19. Livorion

Livorion Shipwright

I am the only one that believes this changes will be in 2 or 3 months :p?

Overworld will take years of course :rollseyes:

Gerald likes this.
  20. I got onto the main page and i was confused and didn't know where i was haha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.