1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Changes large and small

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Apr 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

I said this in the Full Member forum, but you guys have to be out of your fucking minds if you really think this is going to be done by the end of the year. Overworld, along with all the other changes talked about, are going to take so long to do. It's almost an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT GAME.

Mulpy likes this.
  2. Filio

Filio Shopkeep Stealer

Really how would switching classes work later, then? We can't have people selecting like now, especially since tapping E would just switch to basically a random class.
    Do people... craft blades/armor and equip them? Or do they make a specific shop for the gear and items for the class?

I like the idea of mining station, though. Bases would have easier to get resources, and you could still get resources out of base.

3. Supershot4

Supershot4 Catapult Fodder

Yeah, I have a similar question as Filio! If an archer has to gather arrows, is it the same as on the Classic version or does a builder have to do it? Thanks in advance.

4. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

I'm guessing with the word "economy" been mentioned in geti's post, and the builder class been split into different classes, that the way resources are gathered and distributed, and pretty much everything to do with castle building and practically every other element of the game other then the general feel of the castle building, movement and combat are gonna be different. So in short, it seems like your gonna be earning arrows rather then making them.

5. qw3rty_rocks

qw3rty_rocks Catapult Fodder

I was wondering if you guys were going to fix the scoreboard, because if you are using a small window/resolution the scoreboard gets cutoff.

Wonkyth likes this.
  6. Supershot4

Supershot4 Catapult Fodder

Thanks, but that's going to be a bit annoying!

7. JsF

JsF Shopkeep Stealer

I dunno why but i have this feeling that there are too many classes for such a little game, 18!... is good to be ambicious but introducing that many classes might lead to unbalancing the gameplay, kinda like WoW.

8. laurentiu

laurentiu Ballista Bolt Thrower

Simply fucking awesome!

9. shai-hulud

shai-hulud Shipwright

Thoughts:
    1. What happened to Trap-Maker and trap mechanisms? I liked the old image. The one with the arrow traps.
    2. Jokes about the barbarian being best aside, I'm surprised at no shield/bomb class. Unless that is what he does. Throw bombs.
    3. As mentioned before, wood cutting sounds awful boring, at least compared to mining dungeon crawl.

10. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

If this was minecraft, it probably would never have been done.
    But. I play df, and that will probably reach beta in five years, so i can wait.

11. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Speech bubbles on the man page don't fit in my opinion. :l

Halosnake and kiro like this.
  12. kiro

kiro Garde KAG Donator Tester

I had a very bad nightmre tonight : the terrible builder on the left was raping me. Then I realized I wasn't dreaming. It's raping my eyes !

You need more padding on the speech bubble (if you keep them at all), so that the borders aren't too close to the text.

The pixelated font is attrocious. But maybe that's just me. And white font on dark-purple background isn't really the best colour choice. And it's everywhere. Haaaaaaaaaaaaa !

On the full version page, why are MM and Geti zoomed-in so much ? It's pixel-art but 5-foot-tall pixels are uglier than my mom.

13. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

I think it's amazing. Fuck yall.

AnRK likes this.
  14. TheFilip

TheFilip Ballista Bolt Thrower

I'd love to be a bird watcher!
    But let's not go too far with the imagination. Being a bird watcher requires many different birds to be in the game, which is unlikely to happen.

15. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Could just slightly reskin the same bird 50 times...

FuzzyBlueBaron and Rayne like this.
  16. shai-hulud

shai-hulud Shipwright

I think I figured out one of the things bugging me about the classes. It looks like the builder becomes a carpenter becomes a blacksmith etc., which means that if you're a miner, you have to become a fighter. That is, it looks like a linear progression from miner to non-miner whether you want to or not. If this is true, has it been considered that the "builder" could be dumped altogether and letting the three classes each fork into a third path of builders and crafters. One unique to that class for players who want to keep gathering resources? Like; Miner -> Recruit -> Blacksmith -> Chemist? Assuming it' s linear that is.

17. Cadbury

Cadbury You can't escape. Donator

So what would a Mountaineer class bring to the table?

18. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

Yea, I really don't like the idea of mouseover labels replacing the HUD. I actually like having the HUD as a constant visual reminder of my stats, and having my own nameplate obscuring the tiles above my head is annoying enough as it is.

Rayne and BlueLuigi like this.
  19. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

For those saying it will take over a year, it really depends on how they tackle it. With a lot of the stuff they have in place some simple changes will make everything minus Overworld easily viable and set the modding mostly in place as well while they're at it.

20. Aer

Aer Shipwright

[​IMG]

Assume how the class branching will go? Someone with more knowledge add in on the arrows what you need to make to obtain that class.

Also how will f2p ctf games play when the builder is taken out and split into 3 classes? (miner/woodcutter/carpenter)

and I assume peasant can mine and cut, just inefficiently slow, and can't get through stone walls, or build anything but Shops .. ?

Either way the class structure makes the game a lot more goal oriented, which is awesome! Work together, or scramble while facing not having any knights shops/stations of any sorts while they got 4+ Lancers and Theifs and maybe a Architect on the opposing front lines.

Kagesha, Cadbury and BlueLuigi like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.