1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Changes large and small

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Apr 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Wonder if thiefs and mountaineers will be capable of climbing walls.

2. Cadbury

Cadbury You can't escape. Donator

I figured it would be something more like this, with the last 4 classes for each branch on the same tier.
    [​IMG]
    After all, it doesn't make much sense how one would naturally progress from archery to explosives.

3. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

this is so goddamn cool, good work devs. just a question anyone think the over world will end up something like Legend Of Zelda II or Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening? also the whole knight turn into a barbarian (lose all his armor after gaining some) and the pikeman turn into a lancer (opposite of the knight ===> barbarian, instead gaining armor) seems bizarre.

4. shai-hulud

shai-hulud Shipwright

How does it make sense that you progress from a miner to a swordsman recruit? If no one told you, you would never guess something so counter intuitive as miner being the fighting class.

5. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

me thinks it about brawn. me thinks miner have big muscles. big muscle make strong man. strong knight

6. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Personally IMO that should be entirely changed and a lot of those look silly.

Mechanic to Architect when there's a fucking Mason?
    Mason to Blacksmith instead?

7. Cadbury

Cadbury You can't escape. Donator

Well obviously the miner said 'I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE' and started training as a warrior to fight tyranny.

Schizoid likes this.
  8. shai-hulud

shai-hulud Shipwright

I figured the theme was "mines metal" but no, the blacksmith looks like he's on the builder tree. Same with woodcutter and carpenter. I just can't believe that chart is the right way to interpret the first image, because it makes no sense. Unless the Devs are just putting classes together randomly in a tree for no reason except to enforce arbitrary interdependence.

9. kiro

kiro Garde KAG Donator Tester

= It won't be a class tree. You can move upward AND sideway. You will be able to change class so you're no stuck in 1 class or 1 "field" of specialization.

What I think it will look like : You unlock new classes by getting score points (killing ennemies, building stuff, getting ressources...) and by having your team build the right buildings.

There would be 4 stages, each unlocking new classes.

[​IMG]

PS : I'm certainly wrong, like all of us.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  10. Livorion

Livorion Shipwright

GAH! Anyone knows how to get into coma till they release all this stuff? =(

11. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

One of the staff in irc said you don't unlock classes, they just have a stat requirement and you can switch between them if you meet it.

12. BlueLuigi

That implies that there will be levels of some sort,I'm okay with this.

13. Aer

Aer Shipwright

[​IMG]

Scout being able to choose from 4 makes a bit more sense. Pikeman to Lancer makes Sense. Knight to Barbarian(Muscle Wizard) .... Sure could make sense if you added some Dr.Jekyl's Roid juice... I don't see a point of Mason and Mechanic... It should just be Carpenter -> Architect / Blacksmith

MooCowMan, WanderMark and Beef like this.
  14. kiro

kiro Garde KAG Donator Tester

So you unlock classes by having minimum stats, in my mind it was minimum score, same thing :D

Minimum stats, that would mean each player would have strength/intelligence/ability stats ? Omgomgomgomogmogmgomgogomgog

15. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

from what he was saying the stats dont actually do anything besides make classes available

16. BlueLuigi

Interesting, and cool actually, but that means that the classes are available per person, per game?

If per person per game I can see that gaining the stats to unlock them can be a bitch if you join late.

Aer likes this.
  17. Livorion

Livorion Shipwright

I was there at the IRC, if I am noy wrong... it will be like this...

Everyone starts with 0 stats, when you reach the required points in each stat, you can freely change to X class.

18. Aer

Aer Shipwright

It shouldn't be per person, and stat based. It should, Just like Bomb/Arrow Shops. Areas you make to make workshops/ weapon racks for specific classes.

Mine Cart (allows Miners to be made) [10stone, 5wood]
    Axe rack (allows Woodcutters to be made) [5stone, 10wood]

from there, You can have a woodcutter exclusively be able to build

Shooting Range (allows for Scouts to be made)[20stone, 50wood]
    Tool Bench (allows for Carpenters to be made)[50stone, 20wood]
    Mountain Gear (Allows for Mountaineer) [150stone, 100wood, 20gold]
    Archer Shop (allows for Archers) [100stone, 150wood, 20gold]
    Rouge Training (allows for Thief)[125stone,125wood,30gold]
    Trap Kit (allows for Sapper)[120stone,120wood,40gold]

and Miner can Exclusively build

Sword Rack(allows for Squires to be made) [30stone, 30wood]

Carpenter can exclusively build

Mechanic/Mason shops,

Carpenter/Mechanics can make Architect hutch, Carpenters/Masons can build Forge shops.

Carpenter and Miner can make Polearm rack and Sword Rack (for Pikeman / Knights)

But you require Blacksmith to make armour rack to be able to advance to Lancer , and an Architect to make a Brewery to make a Strong Ale Station (to acquire Barbarian/Muscle Wizard)

I think it REALLY should be team based, not person based. I also think they should be shops/stations that need to be built and can be destroyed. You can switch to The Class via the station/shop for them, or if your team has one built you can choose that class at your outposts or main tent (until station/shop is destroyed for your team. Thus making only the people who still are that chosen class will remain that class till death.

Benedictthebald likes this.
  19. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

there are two modes in development. one is War where everyone is on equal footing, the other is Overworld which is some sort of MMOlike deal. you want the former

20. BlueLuigi

I really like the per person idea personally, in WAR and Overworld, a lot actually.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.