1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Changes large and small

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Apr 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Will characters still have 2-3 hearts? Having half an hours work killed by a well timed bomb or shield smash would be sad. 3:

2. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Wait, but Geti.

What about the wizard?
    Why we no wizard?

Schizoid and inactive_account like this.
  3. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

no teh wizord?!

4. Zuboki

Zuboki KAG Guard Tester

Rumour has it that when you achieve 10-10-10, your hair turns blonde.

Wonkyth and keyofdoor like this.
  5. Benedictthebald

Benedictthebald Shipwright

weren't wizards going to be really powerful overworld classes dependent on items and therefore separate from the class trees.

6. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

He's talking about the muscle wizard.

Auri, Beef and Worm like this.
  7. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Am I the only one who really likes the big size builder and knight then? I think they look awesome!

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  8. Gerald

Gerald Bison Rider

i think i want to see my hearts permanently....
    it could be annoying to check them after every single fight....

9. The new site is looking swell, no doubt about it. I'm really wishing that the battle on the top of the page was really how things were in-game, but really you just see these thrown together towers/base and holes EVERYWHERE. (On the front lines, at least.)

As for the class info', that looks bloody fantastic. My only worry is how the whole level up/class change thing is going to go. If the game evolves to the point where every match isn't just a 30 minute - 1 hour game, but an on-going quest where you can login later and play, that means a lot of time will be invested every match. But then what happens when you're a high level thief/mage guy with 4 or 5 hours invested in this one server, only to mistakenly hit the wrong key and fall into some death pit? All your hard work is gone, and can't be re-achieved without another four or five hours of play time, right?

..Or did I mis-read something and now I'm just asking redundant questions?

10. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

You know how now you can start with 3 bombs, 250 of every resource, and a ton of hearts, if the server owner allows it?

I imagine it'll be the same. I'm imagining all these classes in terms of overworld, but for the CTF/RDM quick games, I imagine it'll be combat classes from the start.

Could be wrong here, mind.

11. Aer

Aer Shipwright

I too would like to know more about the outcome of CTF.

I'm getting premium because i love CTF so much, sure i'll play the other modes, sure its worth paying $10 for it now, but what is to become of the CTF , the mode that sells the game.

LetsplayCmansez likes this.
  12. kiro

kiro Garde KAG Donator Tester

You won't be able to access the War and Overworld modes with a free account, so of course there will still be the CTF and quick deathmatch modes, and they'll be improved (ie less bugs and new features, like the newest throwing corpses feature :))

inactive_account and Beef like this.
  13. Aer

Aer Shipwright

I'm curious as to what's going to place in for [BUILDER] after its split 3 way?

Will it be Knight/Archer/Miner ? Knight/Archer/Peasant ?

I'll be premium next week and play War and Overworld but I still love and want to play CTF games. so I don't want to see it ruin by 'premium only' enjoyable stuff.

14. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Oh, you don't have to worry about that quite yet. Overworld and War are still a long way (months/years) off.

kuulness and Beef like this.
  15. Darksheith

Darksheith Builder Stabber

Alright, I'm so stoked. but Irrigation would just be amazing, The peasant could do it. not much use in war but in over-world, you could carry bread in your inventory and when damaged, instantly use it.

16. shai-hulud

shai-hulud Shipwright

I don't think there will be problems with mining being fun, so many people "minecraft" because minecraft is a fun game. If you added contraptions like mining carts and elevators, I would even expect to see mining/pve only servers. There is not gonna be a mining problem except when you force people to mine who don't want to. I'm more worried about wood cutting and getting players to actually cooperate. You would not believe how little people actually share resources on the modded zombie servers. They steal spare lives from their own teams and then laugh at them when their teammates die trying to defend the thieves and can't respawn. Which is why I'm worried about the migrant mechanic most of all.

17. kiro

kiro Garde KAG Donator Tester

You can't make water flows next to your crops, so that's impossible. The only way would be to dig a 2-blocks high tunnel under it and then divert a river there... not fun.

But there will be bread and all kind of food. Geti wrote that we'll be able to hunt animals for their meat, and MM wrote somewhere that the players in each castle will have to grow and hunt enough food to survive !

I hope we'll be able to sell food in some way, or nobody will play as a farmer. For exemple a shop where you can sell food for money ( money generated by the server, like a central bank ;) and then other players could buy food that other players produced (and only player-produced food !)

18. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

@Shai: I _would_ believe it because whenever I play those servers I'm put out by people being idiots. Honestly though, I think the longer-term servers will start to adopt whitelisting like some 80% of minecraft server owners do, to prevent unfriendly pubs making the game un-fun.

Water probably wont be a physical thing, as we dont want to spend 3months writing a network-stable bandwidth-conservative water physics system. I'll talk more about that when we come to it. It might be possible to hack in through scripting at some point.

The damage system will need to be reworked a little because I agree that getting slashed twice and losing an hours (or a few days) worth of character would be infuriating. As I've said though, strength in numbers through the party system is likely to be far more significant than having a 10,10,10 lancer/barbarian.

inactive_account likes this.
  19. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

We'll just see about that, young adventurer.

inactive_account likes this.
  20. Aer

Aer Shipwright

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.