1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

chinese translation

Discussion in 'General Help' started by wikster, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I'll try to make a Dutch one, btw MM "gold bulion" should be "gold bullion" in the english version.

2. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

* Was planning to make a dutch one.
    Well ill make a turkish one then.

3. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

JacKD likes this.
  4. Downburst

Hmm not sure about translations they always sound so weird.
    I am also missing some lines, like the hover text at the settings.

For Dutch people. Any better suggestions?

spawning->spawnen
    minimap->minikaart
    spike->spies

Attached Files:

Beef likes this.
  5. SpideY

SpideY Hear Me Roar Staff Alumni Donator

Small update for the french translation ;)

Attached Files:

6. JacKD

JacKD Ballista Bolt Thrower

Updated the spanish translation to match build 345

EDIT:
    *Renamed to zh_EN.irrst in order to work with the current build.
    *Some english strings were corrected (Ex: "Username" should be "Username:" note the colon) to make translation work (other translators should correct this too)
    *Added a missing string for "Zombie Fortress"

PROBLEMS:

• Some english strings in the file don't match the game strings (Ex: "Username" should be "Username:" note the colon)
    • A lot of strings (mostly those that end in "[") don't work as expected (Ex: "CHANGE CLASS\n [")
    • A lot of strings are missing from the file
    • The string "%ls slew %ls with %ls sword" includes the pronoun with %ls, this causes problems with the translation (Ex: Henry slew Henry with his sword -> Henry mató a Henry con his espada) there should be two versions of the string for each gender or a translation string for the pronoun (probably two strings are better to account for declention in some languages)
    • Some strings are too large for the containers
    • Special characters (¡, á, ó, etc) do not work in some menues (Ex: emoticon menu)

Attached Files:

7. Downburst

Dutch file, only the last couple of lines were changed right?

renamed to zh_EN to make it work at the current version.

EDIT: Check your english lines, some of them seem to be changed. (tutorial, deathmatch)

"CHANGE CLASS\n [" does translate for me.

Attached Files:

8. JacKD

I downloaded your translation and the line "CHANGE CLASS\n [" (appears when you are in the tent) doesn't translate for me :S

PD: The string "Forgot" should have a "?" at the end as in "Forgot?" to work

9. Downburst

10. JacKD

Yeah that one translates OK, I mean the string that hovers over the tent when you stand in it, without pressing any keys.
    Wait I'll get an ss...
    This one: screen-12-03-28-15-06-23.png
    This string is called "CHANGE CLASS\n [" while the on in your ss is "CHANGE CLASS" (its a couple of lines below the first one in the file) the "\n [" part is the one that makes the actual key binding appear on the second line like in my ss.

11. Downburst

oh I thought \n [ was the pie menu.

12. Mobyduck

Mobyduck Catapult Fodder

Sorry for reviving this thread, but this is the only one I found about this subject.

Does this game still support localization? I've looked over the file present in the game's folder (zh_EN) and it seems to be from an older build of the game. For testing purposes, I've done some translations of one the files present in this topic (which is from an even older build, I assume).

So, is there a way to get the newest strings and test the translation in-game?

13. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

The game supports localization however we moved all strings into scripts. And the strings in scripts don't support localization. We have no intention of fixing this at the moment, cause we have other priorities, sorry.

Mobyduck likes this.
  14. Mobyduck

Mobyduck Catapult Fodder

Fair enough. I imagine that, specially now with the Steam launch, you guys must be swamped on things to fix, change and/or improve. I will keep an eye for when it does get supported. Thanks!