1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Classic Actually Probably Final Build 569 + Insight

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Nov 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leoprime

Leoprime Shopkeep Stealer

There will be plenty on new stuff in the scripting update. If they would add new stuff to free when the scripting update arrives it will still be "empty for a short while" even if they added new stuff to classic or not, so you want them to add stuff to classic because it has glitches then?

2. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Not adding new things, not more content but bugfixes, that's about it, the free version will still decide if they get new buyers.

Edit:

Basically if new players decide to try out the game they will naturally go and play the free version first, but if bugs will throw them away then you get lost sale, but also some people might think that full version might be better and still buy it but it's a small chance, most likely they will go like free version is bad i'm not gonna spend a dime on it, you get my logic?

3. Leoprime

Leoprime Shopkeep Stealer

I believe they said a demo would be provided so people can see how the new kag will be like since classic wont really be like the new kag because of the directional attacks, new workshops, new pick up menu (you can see how it looks in one of the old videos), collapsing changes (you can see it in another video), so classic wont really make people decide on weather to not buy the game the demo will.

4. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

So that changes everything now, if they provide a demo for new KAG version then I'll take all my previous statements about needed fixes away, because it won't matter for classic anymore.

I think even trials, free weekends or if they do discounts on bundles so you can buy it and gift it for friends, that should attract more people too, especially when there is Christmas just month and a half away.

5. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Plenty of bugs; bombs are op. This shouldn't be the final classic version. Some lag issues make hits like being recorded twice: 1 arrow can kill 3 hearts, 1 knight falling on you means insta-kill; 1 builder can hit a knight while shielding, bombs hit you thru walls while these are not destroyed. I'm sorry about this tone, but I find this last version really annoying. I'm not playing very often so i can't be more constructive reporting bugs bettter, but i'm expressing my feelings towards this classic version, which are at least something.

6. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Please note that this is the final classic version, not the final version of the game. As I've stated above, we really need to knuckle down on getting the full version of the game into a releasable state, because when that happens, classic will be obsolete. 1 arrow cannot do 3 hearts, knight falling on you meaning insta kill also damages them, builder can only hit a knight "through shield" if the builder is lagging, bombs should not damage around/through walls that are not destroyed and I haven't seen that happen while playing regularly.

7. Azeal

Azeal Catapult Fodder

The surfing is awesome. Please don't tweak the powerslash out of water+surf combo. If you do mess with surfing, make it bounce more, possibly (so it's easier to use when starting out). Otherwise, it's amazing. Bombsurfing (holding bomb which explodes while shielding down on water) would also be awesome, but that's probably something that'd be scripted on a server basis instead. Still, very creative, and the coolest addon to gold I've seen in a while. May only be outclassed by fire eventually.....

You guys get loads of cookies! :D Awesome job.

8. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Bombjumpsurfing is possible, but very difficult, it pnly worked one time for me.
    Surfing is great, but needs to change in my opinion, but it's still great.

9. Use your shiel...

Oh wait, if you don't have one you aren't meant to resist bombs.

10. Azeal

Azeal Catapult Fodder

I meant bombsurfing, not bombjumpsurfing. I've tried that a couple times, usually just die. :/ Bomb jumping at a low altitude sucks.

11. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

when classic becomes obesolete, what are the chances the code for it to become avaliable?

12. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Zero

Raron likes this.
  13. kl4060

kl4060 Haxor

You said -
    - If you throw the bomb in the "right" moment you start glowing.

I said -
    - If you pick up a bomb while exploding you start glowing green

14. lukepop

lukepop Arsonist

So why will classic be obsolete?

15. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Because the scripting build is a complete technology and game rewrite that we've been working on for months. You'll still be able to play classic, but it won't be developed and I expect it'll have a significantly lower population.

We wont be releasing the source to the crimson engine or to KAG, though almost all of the game related code in the scripting build is contained in human readable scripts that will serve as a plethora of examples for the community.

Seriously, we're doing you a massive favour :P

Glad you guys like surfing, I'm very happy with it as well!

16. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

Will the premium version also have a premium map editor?

17. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Are you guys also working on the clan intergrated system?
    I'm really hoping for it, it's really useful.

I hope it's going to look something like this;

Untitled.png
    Just translated the things to English, Clantag used to be 'Power' but since we dont have something like that I changed it to clantag.

18. Mellian-Quar-Xililix

Mellian-Quar-Xililix Haxor

What can we do to start learning how to script right now?

19. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

You can learn angel script syntax and read the wiki: https://wiki.kag2d.com/wiki/Scripting
    You can go to main article for each of those types and click links in there to learn more about each specific thing.

20. Azeal

Azeal Catapult Fodder

Okay, after playing on this new build, stomp damage now feels ridiculous. You can land on someone and kill them from full health (3 hearts) and take no damage. Or, you can fall and take what would have done 1 heart, and now die (although this may just be me, it might not have been changed). But stomp damage is now a bit on the broken side >.> If you only aimed to add it to archers and you didn't tweak it, well, consider this a bug.

Also, at lower heights stomp damage is doing nothing, and I take fall damage instead. So it feels like it's all or nothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.