1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Classic Style CTF Servers

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Guro, Sep 29, 2014.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

water arrows exist in gold classic? so you basically want a whole new set of mechanics, items , ect?

2. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I play the servers in classic, and I have never seen water or fire. If there are actual gold servers, I question why nobody uses them other than the lack of FTP. That's probably the biggest issue.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 9, 2014, Original Post Date: Oct 9, 2014 ---
    I feel like the word"new" doesn't mean what you think it means.

Mines = NOT NEW
    Bombs = NOT NEW
    Siege vehicles = NO NEW ONES
    Boats = NO NEW ONES
    Arrows = NOTHING NEW

The only "new" thing is the Battering Ram vehicle, and that's already almost done by Norill and would take very little effort to add. The mines are just tweaking variables. All of it is just tweaking variables and numbers.

3. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

There's currently a conversation out there for anyone who wants to help out.

4. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Uh, you mean this thread, or a PM conversation?

5. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

6. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Ah, I see. May I be added?

7. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

if you're just gonna call others shitters, get out of this thread and stay out.

re: block placement: it'd require a rewrite of the builder, which i will never do. if you find someone willing, go for it but holy shit dat builder code.

re: people talking about physics: i already got the physics down in the mod, the only issue is jumping feels floaty still, which can be remedied by adding force to the blob in the direction that they initially jumped, i'm pretty sure that's how it worked in classic.(albeit without the actual force, because classic used set speeds in a fake physics system)

16th, Noburu, 101i and 4 others like this.
  8. Haste

Haste Bison Rider

:s b-but.... block placement :'(

16th likes this.
  9. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
    UnnamedPlayer likes this.
  10. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Hey guys, I've put up an Australian hosted version of Rayne's Classic KAG [Beta Edition] - It's listed in the server list as: "KAG Classic [Beta Eddition] - Australia"

Further to this, If you guys in the other parts of the world band together and organise something like 10 bucks a month, I'll rent a server (so long as donations keep coming in) and host one on US/EU.

Alternatively if there are EU/US hosts that wanna put this then get on board!!!

Guro, Noburu and 101i like this.
  11. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

it's on the mod api, if you look in the resource section on the forums, in community apps there's a program that allows you to upload/download from the mod api, i think it's called kag mod manager but cbf to check

12. Boea

Boea Such Beta

I would like Archer Fencing, fuck long range snipe stun locking.

13. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I'll pitch in if the lag isn't completely unbearable for me. It'll be a few months before I'm out of college and have enough hours from my job to actually help tho.

It's in classic right now though.

14. 3p1cL0bster

3p1cL0bster Ballista Bolt Thrower

I'm sure to get in there when i get back back :)
    Problem is i'm from portugal, which is basically the other side of the world, so i am likely to disconect, sadly.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 10, 2014, Original Post Date: Oct 10, 2014 ---
    it's awesome but i have found out that when trying to shoot at doors to arrow climb, the arrows simply disapear. Not a really big problem, but it's a loss for the archers.

15. Harlekin

Harlekin Haxor

@Guro a strict Classic emulation would be the best

Guro and PUNK123 like this.
  16. 3p1cL0bster

3p1cL0bster Ballista Bolt Thrower

I don't think that's the point. You see, if people want to play classic they can, you know, play classic.
    So the point is to make a ctf with some of the most important and unique classic features. Sort of an improved classic.
    At least that's what i think :)
    However there's still work to be done, which is normal because the server just got up.

17. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

No, the goal is to remake classic with all of its quirks as much as possible in the new engine so we can benefit from better ban support and less bad bugs.

16th and 3p1cL0bster like this.
  18. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

The building in KAB is okay, it is just another system to get used too so don't sweat too much about rewriting the build code. I would like to see all of the original blocks come back as they acted in classic without the addition of any new ones, (rotatable platforms) because these are just overpowered. You can place two blocks and you have the perfect archer nest which is just stupid.

Let's be honest, no one really used outposts much so don't bother with them. However, the moveable catapult from Classic was too fun not to try and recreate. (Can carry while its ready to fire, throw and it fires).

I do not like water, day/night cycles, or the lightning system classic KAG had right before KAB was released. Lanterns are silly and are only good for rave castles. The day/night cycle only slowed down the game because no one would attack during the night, unless they had their screen brightness turned up so it was like day anyway which defeats the purpose.

Water also slowed the game down because boats never worked very well and bridges were easily destroyed once built.

I might actually log in to play this.

Guro and UnnamedPlayer like this.
  19. Grendell100

Grendell100 Haxor

I like both - classic and beta. This is a brilliant idea. Keep goin'!

20. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

:B I loved the old outposts. Better than this crappy ballista=spawn that beta has.

Also, what's your issue with slowing the game down? Classic is fun BECAUSE it's slower. You build up a big castle while assaulting the enemy, but then you get your frontline annihilated so you have to retreat to said big castle. That's like, the best part of kag!

3p1cL0bster likes this.
Mods: BlueLuigi