1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Classic Style CTF Servers

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Guro, Sep 29, 2014.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

I should have included this in my first post @Klonkinator .

I preferred the ticketed style of playing KAG classic, with smaller maps and less people, think BC flats (200x150, or whatever it was, pretty small), with 20 people max and 200 tickets, limited starting resources (500 stone/wood I think?) and 1 minute build time. I liked faster games and tended to stay away from the 2hr+ slog fest some of the unlimited servers with big maps had. I'm not saying one is better than the other, I'm just putting my opinion out there. If you liked classic slower that is fine, I just like mine to be faster. ::):

KAG Gather FTW forever.

16th and 101i like this.
  2. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Well if you liked fast classic, you'll LOVE even faster beta...

3. Ozminer

Ozminer Bison Rider

Ticket's and Hitcounter plox

4. Harlekin

Harlekin Haxor

I think it must be more important, to hear the classic players opinion. Not the ones of the people who came in with steam and heard only two, three words about classic. Let alone that they even played it.
    It would be a wonder, if gather could come back with Guro's work.
    nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah,
    nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah... nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah

101i likes this.
  5. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

I think he is talking directly about the mod, not classic gameplay (he was on @kaizokuroof 's server earlier today)

6. 16th

16th Bison Rider

Oh, guys, I sit here and cry while reading it all. God bless you if you finish this, and BURN IN HELL if not ::P:.
    If there will be a remake of a classic in new engine, I promise to bring a handful of russian oldfags with myself :smug:

3p1cL0bster, Guro, 101i and 2 others like this.
  7. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Just because I said I dislike slower KAG classic doesn't mean I like faster KAB. I stopped playing KAG when gather died. I never played beta for long, nor did I play it as long as classic, I prefer classic over KAB. KAB for me, suffers from too much stuff. Games can be stalemated even easier from that OP class the builder, archer bomb arrows are too op(water arrows are gay too) and the first knight to slash(and hit) wins the game. Classic KAG has a better balance for the type of game play I like than KAB has* IMO.

I would also like to point out, this thread probably isn't the best place to discuss what is wrong with KAB, I just wanted to make sure @Klokinator knew where I stood on this.

* Haven't played it in a few months, I'll play it and adjust my opinion if its changed.

PUNK123 likes this.
  8. Haste

Haste Bison Rider

Need i remind, we are wanting to remake classic within beta, not -just- ctf.
    So things like starting mats and tickets arent much a huge deal right away. I mean sure, they are part of classic, but they arent what made classic what it was. What made classic, was its movement and building technique/blocks.
    Pretty much every other variable or change people are talking about changing to make it more classic-like literally already exist in the game, and we can easily reproduce those.
    But if were talking default configs here, bc style ctf gets my approval.

3p1cL0bster, Klokinator and 101i like this.
  9. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Have you guys checked out Rayne's mod? It is pretty classic like, he's managed to emulate it very well. Obviously it will never be CLASSIC, but much of the movement is the same, same jump height, notching, double slash activating when your slash hits/is close to target. I think one of the last things needed is Team bridges, so I'm sure one of you swiggy swag KAG modders could wip it together in no time.

The mod is also very easy to change to RTDM, TDM, or really any other gametypes you want.

Either way, I suggest you test out the server that's up now and provide your feedback based off of that, like what needs to be added, what needs to be tweaked and any other suggestions you might have.

Gather is already making it's way back. @cameron1010 is working on it and has been for quite a while. I believe he's been testing it over the last week so we could see some movement on that front very soon.

Obviously I don't speak for cameron, but we could talk to him about getting a couple classic KAG [mod] servers up for that as well, once he gets it all up and running and if people were interested/he had the time/motivation etc.

101i and Rayne like this.
  10. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Hm, I did like the underwater system for classic, it forced people out of the underground, and made tunneling significantly less tenable.
    (I mostly play Zombie Fort, and the water system forced you to change focus.)

Also, bomb-based shield sliding would be a great re-addition.

As far as anything goes, I'd like to see WAR, and peasant driven processing centers come back.

11. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Didn't skinney make a perfect trap door emulator? Why can't we merge that with this mod?

12. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

There is nothing stopping us. Link it here.

13. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I don't see it in resources anymore... I know for a fact Aphelion used it, or he made his own. This might be the one but I'm not sure if it is and was renamed... https://forum.kag2d.com/resources/community-assets.185/
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 31, 2014, Original Post Date: Oct 13, 2014 ---
    Last post was the 13th. On a scale of 1-10 how dead is this revival?

14. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

in irc i heard people played it for 2 weeks and then no one ever played again

15. 16th

16th Bison Rider

:eek::>:(: Oh, FUCK YA, Guys 78787878

Mods: BlueLuigi