1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Co-ordinated Knight Raid: Unstoppable?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Noc, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

I didn't want to boast by saying I got +6 once too.

2. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Is it really boasting? It's mostly circumstantial. I'm not good at all and I've managed a to +8 twice, and +7 several times.

The huge MeteorVPS server makes this a piece of cake when you catch them in tunnels or blocked off or such. You can pretty much consistently pull +2~+4 there, and +5 isn't too uncommon either.

3. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

I think pro archery is being able to kill multiple knights at close range (through jumped potshots, head-smashing, irregular arrow fire etc). That's my definition of a pro archer though lol

My definition of a pro knight would be their manipulation of bombs and being able to win at the whole psychological warfare when you have two knights shielding each other.

I'm not really pro anything... but I'll say that from 3 months of in game experience that I am proficient at being able to analyze and judge who is good and who isn't.

In regards to the whole co-ordinated knight raid being unstoppable... pretty much any tactic that is coordinated against an uncoordinated team is unstoppable... just saying.

P.S. I agree with knights being the bread winners of the family. The archers are like little kids trying to shine right now but can't. A tactic that could technically work is a pure archer/builder combo... technically, but you'd need some damn good archers to cover those builders while they hack away at stuff (what the knight already does) and build defenses for the archers (who would supplement the attack power of the knights). But being a knight in my opinion is the most efficient way of doing things.

4. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Sorry for being a tard, but I've got +9! MWAHAHA

5. Neat

I already told you i'm already hampered enough by stuns as it is. If you want a gulf between noobs and pros, take away my upon landing stun so I can actually prep bombs for surprise attacks. Even the best players are affected by stuns all the time, the difference is they do better with their 2 or 3 hearts than other players.

6. BlueLuigi

Yea stunning when you land on people is rather annoying. Although I actually dislike anything that inhibits control of the character, so I'm extremely bias in this regard.

Cagar, why exactly do you want such a divide between 'newbs' and 'pros'?

7. Neat

Stunned while landing on the floor in general, it doesn't do any damage. By removing restrictions such as stuns like this, you will take longer to reach the skillcap, because you'll have more options available to you, some are better than others. Putting in restrictions lowers the skillcap because everyone has to abide by these restrictions in order to stay alive.

8. laurentiu

laurentiu Ballista Bolt Thrower

I honestly dont care, but a well placed kamikaze is no match!

9. BlueLuigi

Sorry to tell you but, the fact that you can build as you please and build tons of constructions, and now the change in how wood will be produced and such is going to change a lot, but even now your constructions alone set a beginning curve that as longa s you then switch to knight after done building, you may have a very different level of difficulty going through your obstacles than your enemies will have. Building alone has a very high skillcap because subtle differences can make huge changes in determining the overall outcome. As for knights, when a land on someone with a shield from more than 10 or so tiles I do get stunned for a second, if I'm on top of them hopping or jumping from 5~ tiles, I don't indeed.

Some people will reach the skillcap sooner than others, I haven't really seen anyone actually record (or have heard of) two clans setting a limit of X players and going at it, so I'm not sure what that would be like.

However I can say that right now, there are many players who definitely set the curve and are way better than others, I've met tons of them and ingame, and they usually dominate and are on top of the boards, usually you'll see them with 5x the points of everyone else on the other team or something of the sort. It's fun though,so heh.

What do you expect from such a large divide though? For 'pro' players to be invincible? For there to be no chance for 'newbs' to beat pros?

10. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I GOT OVER TEN! HA! However the game does not support double digits and crashed...

11. laurentiu

laurentiu Ballista Bolt Thrower

Shame on me, my record is useless now.

12. Drok

Drok Shark Slayer

Certainly. There is no better way of winning than to forget about archers and builders. Just take a knight and rush towards the enemy base destroying everything that gets in your way and spamming bombs. It has also happened to me to be losing horribly and suddenly join a horde of knights that would obliterate the enemy base. Sadly, the best defense is 100% knights, and the best offense is 100% knights.

The problem with knights is the speed at which they dig through the defenses, at which they destroy virtually everything they come across (even what builders cannot, bedrock ).The defensive structures should be precisely the weakness of a melee class. Additionally, the knight is the only class that doesn't need to "prepare" before battle (crafting arrows or gathering resources).
    As a builder you can spend lots of time finding stone and buiding a wall just to see how it is destroyed in less than 10% of the time it took to build. You can spend lots of time finding stone and building a pit just to see one knight taking off all the spikes in 3 seconds, and later digging a way out of it. Into your base, to top it all off.

I believe knights should take a bit more of time to destroy stone, say +15% time, and a lot more to dig into dirt with a sword, say +40%. That way builders would really be useful in destroying the enemy base, instead of just hacking it down with swords. Bombs should also be taken into account for this problem.

Noc likes this.
  13. BlueLuigi

Archers can dig dirt, doesn't make much sense for them to dig anything else, if it did it would make builders even more useless up front. Make knights specialize in blowing up bedrock (What builders can't), and give builders a more noticable advantage in digging speed (by slowing down knights or otherwise) and it'll be evened out a bit there. Digging into dirt should be decent speed for any class though, if archers can do it with their hand (or an arrow?) I assume they can all do it without too big of a problem, and a sword shouldn't really slow them down much.

If in the future there are choices of loadouts, a knight could always have a loadout that is more 'full offense' (what we have now) or have the choice for an accessory with a slight delay to switch between that is a shovel or a pick or some such. Say a 2-4s delay switching, so you can't just switch out easily if someone sneaks up on you to fight them off. It would make digging much faster though. Just a thought anyway.

14. rogoku

rogoku Shipwright

I laugh at this thread. "Archers suck" Tell me that after you get shot while trying to jump on someone.

Archers are the most under rated class. Archers can Shoot across some maps and kill builders and what not. Plus the fact that archers can take out knights fighting eachother just makes it that more viable for war.

15. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Necro....

16. Noc

Noc Bison Rider

Archers could kill, but that was relativelty useless. The death count literally meant nothing. Knights could kill quicker too, so Archers did suck(Usually).

17. BlueLuigi

I've been hearing archers are useless in the test, but I must say in the current live version, they are very good if you know what you're doing and are with some knights. 1 knight 2 archer team beats most 3person teams in my opinion. Or a 2 knight 1 archer if the archer is really good.

Archers that know how to abuse frames like bombs and such are a pain, and I can't seem to find a way to jump on archers without exposing myself and getting hit, it seems that if at any time during either the flight of the arrow OR it's hit animation or shortly after, I will be hit. If I'm exposed during flight and then shield, doesn't matter. If I'm shielding during whole flight and and let go right after it's supposed to hit, I get hit. It's very strange, but it makes it really hard for me to follow them, allowing them to kite me a while.

18. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Yes archers are fine. A good lobber is a pain in the ass if you have crappy builders

19. Foxodi

Foxodi KAG Guard Tester

new update
    -> have X respawns per team
    -> archers have best k/d
    -> archers are not useless.

Also LOL@ knights now - they are so fucking useless (compared to previously). Theres just hordes of knights camping mid waiting for a builder to come along to let them progress; its going to take awhile for people to realize they don't need to be all knights now.

20. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Thats because most of the builders are still playing defensively or minecrafting the whole damn time. I love playing offensive builder. Give it time, the updates not been out 24hrs yet even.

Noc likes this.