1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Co-ordinated Knight Raid: Unstoppable?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Noc, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Drok

Drok Shark Slayer

Well, this update changes the whole thing! I find it funny to see the formerly all-terrain knight trapped in the formerly useless spike pits, unable to remove even the spikes. I fear though that the builders have become a bit overpowered. The health increase and extra damage was unnecesary, as the inability of knights to reach them most of the time is more that enough for staying alive.

Knights are not useless. Well, not completely. They can dig through enemy builders easily... the problem is, as you said, that the people is still with the "100% knight = win" strategy. One single knight can take down a whole minecrafting army, as long as there is a builder supporting him. Yet likewise, a single builder can frustrate a whole knight army. Seems that the key for success will be having a balanced number of each class.

Noburu likes this.
  2. Bandwagonman

Bandwagonman Shopkeep Stealer

They made the builders have more life and attack because they are needed more on the front lines.

3. Foxodi

Foxodi KAG Guard Tester

Except builders were always needed at the frontlines - it use to be frustrating to see so many builders adding bells and whistles to the flag base, when the knights need a fortification built in mid - now the need for frontline builders is even greater; the frustration can only grow.. Then again - the game is surging in new players and once the playerbase matures more maybe we can hope for more useful builders.

4. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Two words:

Bomb. Jumps.

Knights are so totally not useless. They can do this over the enemy fort and massacre everyone taken by surprise, and jump back out if they're worried about dying.

Noburu likes this.
  5. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Exactly. Wish I had been running fraps last night. I did an EPIC bomb jump up and through the upper team doors on the enemy castle. I then proceeded to kill two builders, two archers that had previously been shooting at me and a knight that tried to come help.

Those poor archers shit when I came flying inside their battlements from way down below. They didnt even try to stay and fight they just tried to run and I hewed them down with my sword. I think it was the most fun moment I have had thus far in this game.

Acavado, illu, Noc and 2 others like this.
  6. Foxodi

Foxodi KAG Guard Tester

I've just gotten 400-80 odd score doing this all afternoon. I should readjust my point to this: fortifications are so impenetrable that this game is no longer CTF - it is team death match. If no enemy knights come out to 'play' with me, then I'm just sitting there with my shield up while 5 archers shoot at me; and any good base would protect its archers from long bomb throws.

Asterix likes this.
  7. Eric_Rommel

Eric_Rommel Catapult Fodder

Are all upgrades released yet , I dont see any workshop options! :(