1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Community Fixes Inbound

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Hey guys, continuing on with the build preview train, without further ado lets get into it!

[​IMG]
    Community members have rallied together the last few months to improve the game!

Lots of minor fixes from the community, in particular Fuzzle has provided a bunch of small code tweaks for the better, and makmoud98 has tracked down a few things too. Here’s a summary of all the big changes - the full list will be in the update post.

• "Something done" about boulders:
      Boulders have long been a point of contention - some people love them, lots of people hate them. They definitely still do too much damage, haha. The main change in this build is that you cant sneak them into your inventory any more, putting them on the level of the keg as a “huge” item - so at least you’ll see it coming.
    • Siege Changes:
      Siege engines get their driver seat removed when immobilised, and their firing angle is now affected by their rotation. The former is just a fix of an annoyance but the effects of the latter are more subtle and experimental - you can angle a ballista to fire directly along the ground for point defense, and get a bit more distance out of an angled catapult (or reduce its minimum range). We’ll address any big issues that come of this, but it should really make siege a little more adaptable and dynamic.
    • Lots of shop tweaks:
      Shops now put items in a more consistent location - stuff used from the hands (like mines, kegs and so forth) go to the hands, things used from the inventory (bombs, arrows) go to the inventory, and edge cases are handled a little more gracefully. The quarters buttons going missing sometimes is fixed too, and class-switching preserves your stun (which fixes a few tricky exploits in TDM as well!)
    • Food Stacking:
      …Is basically not a thing any more. Thankfully, gone are the days of stacks of steaks, burgers, fish and grains in someone’s inventory, allowing them to tank more or less endless minor damage (they can still stack 4 if they want no special items though, which is at least a little more fair). This fix has really been a long time coming, and was left out more as an oversight than an intentional decision to allow carrying truckloads of food - a good example of a case the community can often pick up much better than us!
    There’s also some fixes coming for a few “stupid” bits in TDM maps, a couple more engine fixes, a bunch of smaller bugs fixed and a typo in tutorial addressed. Outside of the game a few security exploits have also been brought to our attention and fixed, so thanks to those involved in identifying and debugging them.

Thanks also for the patience of (almost) everyone affected by the SSL issues over the weekend (and the preceeding weeks, to some extent) - it’s been a big, tricky thing for us to fix and the turnaround hasn’t been perfect, but most players have been understanding once they hear there’s something hard going on, and we’re thankful for that.

Have Fun!

Max/Geti

Original: http://www.thd.vg/post/112684224985/kag-community-fixes-inbound

Chukka, toffie0, kaizokuroof and 18 others like this.
  2. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

344a7f66141708856647588197_700wa_0.gif

Sir_Walter, Pizza, toffie0 and 12 others like this.
  3. AmestriStephen

AmestriStephen Haxor Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

Gotta love the boulder 'n siege thingy! yay

4. can't focus on the post, all i see is boobs

Pizza, CowboyDan, Sir_Walter and 4 others like this.
  5. AmestriStephen

AmestriStephen Haxor Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

holy boobies

6. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Fem Knight armour design has always been a problem w/ the sprites, but generally in these sketches I try to stick with what's there. If it's any consolation I'm sure she'd win an arm wrestle.

7. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

Dem knockers :yes:

Looking forward to future updates.

AmestriStephen likes this.
  8. Boea

Boea Such Beta

As long as she does her part, it'll be fine, the assets are a bonus after that.

Noburu likes this.
  9. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

Hmm, well I guess boulders are a little more bearable now. I still think more should be done about them having antimatter properties :/. Overall though it's a very good convenience/quality of life build :3

hierbo likes this.
  10. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

I know him. he is nub

Snake19 likes this.
  11. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Blast! That was one of my favorite things to do in tdm. Can you still make clones if you die while switching classes?

12. hierbo

hierbo Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I'd be fine with this bug staying in, so long as special code is added to ensure that all clones are evil, and bent on human annihilation, of course.

Sir_Walter, Kububv and Noburu like this.
  13. Geti

You can still make clones with a bit of lag, they don't do anything though. It's a sync issue - you die in the time-window that the cmd saying to spawn a new blob and plug you into it is in flight, so after it's created the new blob it notices you aren't there and plugs noone into its brain. Could be fixed but it doesn't do much other than provide a few laughs so it's certainly not high on my priorities.

14. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Hooray for boulder nerf.

Also I didnt notice the boobs. All i kept thinking about was:

[​IMG]

Ozminer, Sir_Walter, Pizza and 7 others like this.
  15. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

:bird:

also I have no issue with this build <3

hierbo likes this.
  16. Geti

17. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I think bombs could use a nerf. Maybe a tiny increase in price? The logic of bombs is slightly flawed atm because you can sit back and camp by constantly throwing bombs getting kills and buying more bombs. Obviously I'm over simplifying this but I seriously think bombs should keep their bomb jumping capabilities and have reduced damage and or AOE. In their current state they can do everything that water bombs can do and even more. I really think we need to ask ourselves what we want the bomb to function as: Damage or use for knight mobility (bomb jumping).

18. kittycity

kittycity Haxor

that already happened when it went to 20 to 25..... once its 30 well say it needs another nerf then it goes to 35 bucks.... it will never end!

19. SlayerSean

SlayerSean FYI: it's pronounced "seen"

Imagine how easy the life of an offence builder will now be. Walk towards the enemy base to wall up or tunnel, don't even need to worry about a bomb. It can't kill you, just keep going so your team gets up (or through).

20. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Yeah ! FUZZLE, FUZZLE , FUZZLE ::P:

No seriously, I followed everything @Fuzzle has done from the beginning.
    He really did a great job!
    Several members of the AG have helped him to accomplish these tasks, that be like guinea pigs on these servers ahah, or gave him ideas ;)

i don't forget @makmoud98 too

Thanks Guys ! :)

Verzuvius, FuzzyBlueBaron and hierbo like this.